It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Commision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It seems that this investigation is going to be a lose/lose situation for Bush. If the attacks were unavoidable and Bush couldn't do anything, then the morale of the American people will drop dramatically. That we couldn't protect ourselves from such an attack and that we may not be able to protect ourselves in the future.

If it is found that the attacks could have been avoided then the blame will more than likely fall directly on Bush. People might say that he should've been as active against terrorism as Clinton was and so forth.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how this ends.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No one will be found guilty of anything more than incompetence. Old scores will be settled and arses will be covered.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
But do you not think the public at large will be affected by the outcome? I agree with you that no one is really going to be punished, but I think the public might feel strongly about the results no matter what the commision decides to do.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The public should be outraged that its taken this long to get even this far - and that there's absolutely no accountability! If anything, it may work to oust Bush and elect Kerry.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
From what I hear, Bush is trying to shift the blame to the CIA for misleading information and such.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
He's been doing that for some time now. At his peril, I might add.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
did you see....the commission was...well at least one member was criticizing Fox for the release of that document on clarke

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
No one will be found guilty of anything more than incompetence. Old scores will be settled and arses will be covered.

Well, you were right ECK. In fact there were lies that came out of it in the end.

LIE: National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice claimed that Clarke "chose not to" voice his concerns about the Administration's counterterrorism policy. But Clarke sent an urgent memo to Rice in January 2001 asking for a Cabinet-level meeting about an imminent Al Qaeda attack. The White House itself admits top Bush officials rejected Clarke's request, saying they "did not need to have a formal meeting to discuss the threat."

www.misleader.org...

new topics

top topics

join