It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OJ Simpson found guilty on robbery and kidnapping charges

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Heroes do not kidnapp people and rob people at gunpoint, and they certainly don't murder people.

So what are they supposed to do find him innocent everytime he commits a crime so people don't think that he's being punished for past crimes ?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Originally posted by verylowfrequency
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

OJ Simpson is not a scumbag - He is an American hero that really screwed up and probably killed his wife in a jealous rage.

American Hero?
This is a joke, right? Please do explain how he is an American Hero. Please.

and the thought of OJ being in temporariy pain

Tempoary pain of what? Karma biting him in the arse? Awww...booohooo....poor whittle OJ Simpson, aka murderous villian.

If OJ did it he got away with it and that's over and done.

I hope the scumbags that ripped off OJ - get what they have coming.

Ah. The irony.
You want them to "get what they have coming" but with OJ who murdered 2 innocent people...."he may have gotten away with it...and its over and done"

No doubt the jurors were tainted 9 of them women that probably convicted him because what he did to his ex that had nothing to do with this case. Should have been an equal number of men & women and should of had an a couple African Americans as well.

Ah. So I suppose you have serious issues with the jury on his murder case, huh. Something tells me you dont.

The apathy for the murderous Simpson is alarming.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

And I have never been in favor of our court system so I don't agree with that flow

I suppose were all human and we all want revenge, but they court system is supposed to be above that.

Revenge? She wasn't my wife, mother, or sister. This is called justice. And that's what the court system was originally about.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
He lost his 'American Hero' status the day he killed Nicole and Ron Goldman! I watched the entire trial and he was as guilty as sin!

Actually, the prosecution screwed up the case so bad it was correct to let the murderer off.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberSEAL
Actually, the prosecution screwed up the case so bad it was correct to let the murderer off.

I'd have to agree with you there. The prosecution 'jumped the shark' the second Chris Darden asked OJ to put on the glove! Cochran's famous line, "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit!" They just couldn't get over that one, even though it makes sense that a leather glove that had been soaked in blood would naturally shrink.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Vigilantism is exactly why OJ is going to prison and at his age he will die in prison.

OJ gets what he deserves. He won't be getting a next time to call police, if he thinks he's been robbed. He ran out of karma.

Well said....this, in a small way, restores my faith that justice will eventually find those hiding from it.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
American Hero?
This is a joke, right? Please do explain how he is an American Hero. Please.

He was a hero and he did go bad - the facts are the facts. I grew up playing ball watching him play ball. Yeah he may not be what he once was, but he still was a hero to many of us. I imagine allot of people who do menial work for a living hated him for being a rich African American ballplayer, even before his infamous trial. So the fact that he fell on his face and seemingly got away with murder just adds to the hatred and I understand that, but I don't feel the same way.

Tempoary pain of what? Karma biting him in the arse? Awww...booohooo....poor whittle OJ Simpson, aka murderous villian.

Yeah I suppose you can say Karma has bitten him in the ass or as someone else said - poetic justice.

I watched the entire first OJ trial and even though I thought he was guilty - I was and am so disgusted by the criminals in the court system that lie and cheat to get convictions I found myself wanting to see him win. I don't expect most people to understand or agree with my perspective, but I hate the system and I have my personal reasons.

Ah. The irony.
You want them to "get what they have coming" but with OJ who murdered 2 innocent people...."he may have gotten away with it...and its over and done"

OJ was acquitted of a murder that happened over a decade ago. I watched this latest pre-trial & trial and yes I see these people as scumbags or parasites. It's the way they make their living and the way this whole thing was setup. No doubt in this particular subject yes I see them as lower than OJ. They've never been anything but scumbags - that's the difference.

Ah. So I suppose you have serious issues with the jury on his murder case, huh. Something tells me you dont.

I can hardly remember who the jurors were in his murder trial, but I watched the entire murder trial and I blame law enforcement for fouling up that trial - not the jurors. I walked away thinking he was guilty, but there was so many screw ups by police I wasn't surprised at the verdict. Again, that is the past and is not what today's verdict was about.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghoulardi

At 10 a.m. on October 3, 1995, after only three hours of deliberation, the jury returned a verdict of not guilty
en.wikipedia.org...

wow, Lucky 13.

found not guilty at 10 am on oct 3rd 1995, 10 + 3 = 13.

found guilty 13 years later.

haha... numbers are strange

[edit on 10/4/2008 by ghoulardi]

Not only that 13 years to the day, 13 hours of deliberation, and the police in vegas were called to the hotel on Sept. 13.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

No, your right heroes don't, that's why he's lost that status with most - especially those that did not grow up during his heyday.

So what are they supposed to do find him innocent every time he commits a crime so people don't think that he's being punished for past crimes ?

Nope - As I said I don't agree with the prosecution and I believe if it had been anyone else it would have never gone to trial. Maybe I'm wrong. I think he screwed up, but I don't see it as a big conspiracy robbery where he was the mastermind. The kidnapping charge is a farce and shows how corrupt the system has become. Kidnapping used to mean grabbing little girls or wealthy folks and taking them somewhere for dirty deeds. Now it means blocking the doorway for more than a few seconds. Maybe one charge and a few year sentence would be appropriate, but I think they're going for a life sentence.

I don't agree with the results here - I do agree OJ put himself in this situation and let his enemies take him down, but I don't think he deserves life for it.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
What happens in Vegas -
Certainly doesn't seem to STAY in Vegas!

OJ's guilt was written all over his face back when Nicole & Ron Goldman
were murdered... but he also looked like he had hope of getting away
with the crime, thanks to his shameless "Dream-Team" of lawyers, and
a not-so-great judge Ito.

This time, however, he had guilt written all over his face, with very little
hope of getting off. He seemed to feel the impending doom.

Sure, he was a big football hero in the 60's & 70's, and quite a celebrity in
those old HERTZ Rent-A-Car commercials, where he sprinted through the
airport; Hurdling over velvet ropes with ease, bystanders watching in
amazement, and arriving at the counter in time to pick-up his car keys.

But now, he's a convicted kidnapper & robber & conspirator. And in the
public's eyes, a double murderer.

I met OJ, while working as a doorman at a sea-side restaraunt in Santa
Monica, CA in 1987. He was with 5 or 6 white girls every time. I guess he
preferred white girls, obviously. Years later, I wondered if one of them
was Nicole Brown? I don't remember, the place was dark, noisey, and
crowded wall-to-wall, and I was extremely busy. But he looked like a
shepard with a rare flock, trying to fit in, unsure of how to handle all the
people's stares.

Now I guess, in prison, he'll look like a rare bird himself, trying to fit in,
unsure of how to handle all the stares from fellow inmates!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

and I believe if it had been anyone else it would have never gone to trial.

Anyone who is suspected of murder and both runs from the cops + has DNA evidence against them is going to trial

There was hard evidence against him. He was guilty of murder. He was a murderer. You are defending a murderer.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
being a vegas resident, ive heard some crazy stuff on local radio and papers.

in this particular case, and it being so late im not gonna provide links unless people want them.... but yea, I hear all around town and from people who work at the palace station ( where the robbery took place) that oj was essentially framed.

and im sorry, but our judicial system is not set up for double jeopardy. as guilty as we all think he was back in 1995. that does not mean that , if hes innocent now, he should be found guilty via proxy of 1995.

Thats what makes this country better than the rest. We dont use the justice system for revenge. Its no one's fault but his lawyers and the prosecution of 1995 that allowed OJ to walk. Not to mention the moronic judge ito.

In this case though, from what I hear, OJ was innocent. The man who set up OJ, Thomas Riccio....was selling himself here around town. He took out ads in local papers here... 5000 dollars to have dinner with him ( on your tab) 1500 to have your business logo on his limo when he arrived to the courthouse... 2500 to eat lunch with the man. When he was testifying, he admitted to being paid up to 210,000$ by the media. It was all extortion.

That said, the phrase what goes around comes around applies. That and, karma is a bitch.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I was speaking of the current case going to trial, not the past.

I'm only giving my opinion, I'm not defending anyone. Regardless I have no problem defending a murderer - if what I'm defending has nothing to do with the act itself.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Well I have to disagree, once you beat a case it should be over, but I see by the responses here it isn't.

He wrote a BOOK discussing how he "could" have butchered and nearly cut the head off of the mother of his children.

What kind of sick person would write a book titled "If I Did It" knowing the pain it would cause his kids and Nicole's family? And the Goldman family too.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I find it ironic that he was found guilty 13 years from the day he was aquited. This is diffinetly God'd Iron.
As Johnny Cash sang "God's gnna cut you down."

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Well like I said before I find this current case irrelevant. I wouldn't care if all the evidence for this 'current' one was falsified. This man was supposed to have gone to prison the first time.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There are so many ways to say this. Proof there really is a God. What goes around comes around. Orenthal don't bend over for the soap.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Regardless of what OJ did in the past - I find this case complete BS and I would of not found him guilty.

A couple of scumbags ripped him off and he went to get his property back. They set him up all the way and made all kinds of blood money off this.

No doubt the jurors were tainted 9 of them women that probably convicted him because what he did to his ex that had nothing to do with this case. Should have been an equal number of men & women and should of had an a couple African Americans as well.

I predict he will win an appeal and will be back in court within a couple years.

If somebody rips me off - I reserve the right to bash their door down beat the crap out of them and take my stuff back.

This case was all about revenge of the criminal court system against OJ for beating the crap out of them the first time.

Im glad hes locked up, that will wipe that smug look off his face, dirty murdering B*stard

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I believe this is one time the court system got it wrong. OJ had a very strong defense that will be overturned several of the convictions in the appeals process.

His biggest problem was his past and the feeling by most people he got away with murder. Vengeance is not for the people to determine, but justice is. This is just a jury trying to set things right.

They got it wrong and time will set things back right.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join