It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electile Disfunction

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hi folks.

With Diebold voting machines being what they are:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And the new revelations about the Sequoia voting systems:

Does anyone really believe that the coming elections will be anything but a mess?

These two companies comprise the majority of all US voting machines.
So the odds of these elections being highjacked once more are considerably high.
We could be tied up with legal proceedings for months to come.
Not to mention conspiracy theories.

These machines invariably break down, can be hacked, and their software (sequoia) is owned by foreign companies with extremely dodgy ties.

We could be in for for a very long winter my friends.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

SD, I love the title. I say bring back the dimpled and hanging chads. OR Perhaps we could cast our votes by throwing a rock at the candidate of your choice?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRooster

SD, I love the title. I say bring back the dimpled and hanging chads. OR Perhaps we could cast our votes by throwing a rock at the candidate of your choice?

Oooo, I like the stoning idea.
Imagine the turnout.

I don't know about the chad system, but I'm all for any system that includes physical votes. Not that it is foolproof mind you, but it's easier to verify.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It is absolutely amazing how these machines are the only ones that we use to count votes, a college student with enough knowledge could put together a simple circuit board reliable enough to count numbers without being hacked. apparently diebold thinks we're all stupid and think that we don't know exactly what their allowing to take place. It sickens me to think that anyone is letting these guys sell their faulty (rigged) machines. we need a way to make sure, that from the time that the votes are put in, until the time they are counted that they are 100% safe and the machines that tabulate are 100% protected from changing the numbers. Is that too much to ask the government or is that too hard for them to do after they spend all the taxes on all those other things?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Do you remember back in 2000 when they were examining all the questionable or disputed ballots down in Florida?

What does it say about us when we cannot put a long sharp metal instrument through a piece of paper? Perhaps we should have hot knives, and the ballots could be 1/4 lb sticks of butter? And all that you would have to do is take the hot knife and cut the butter anywhere between one end and the other. Nah, I say we use the stones.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That's about the best thread title I've seen on here. A star for that because it represents exactly where the system and our candidates and the vast majority of our elected officials are all hanging right now.

Classic. Just Classic.

Sign me up for two stones please. I am having the most difficult time deciding who deserves one more. Leviticus may have had a point after all.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Lets see...based on the knowledge of myself and a few very select friends with specific knowledge, I am pretty sure that in 4 years, we could come up with something as simple as:

Actionscript coded, dynamic Flash interactive pages
local MySQL database (on Apache)
more than enough security to protect a local machine, not on any network
more than enough checks/balances to guarantee no data loss or corruption
given the right incentive, this could even be set up on a server array with enough security to make it viable on the internet

Then again, I am not interested in controlling the outcome of the election like so many others in this world are, so it just makes logical sense to me to create, test, debug and present a solid project for an honest result.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

You know, reading your post makes me long for the simplicity of the stone. I think they'd be easy to count, you wouldn't have to worry about networks or fancy computer language, and I don't think a smart college student could "hack" one if he had all day.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
too bad we arent instituting a real time vote system, one that we could see the cumulative results with..is it possible? I dont know...I just know that the NEOCONS have already won this round...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

The problem I see with voting from one's computer is that, in time, I can see it leading to a "referendum democracy" situation. Where every issue is voted directly by the population. Some people believe that that is the ultimate form of Democracy. Imho, it's one of the worse thing that could happen. As we know, usually the most popular position is not always the right position when it comes to policy.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wheresthetruth
Lets see...based on the knowledge of myself and a few very select friends with specific knowledge, I am pretty sure that in 4 years, we could come up with something as simple as:
more than enough checks/balances to guarantee no data loss or corruption

Enjoy that certainty. Based on the knowledge of myself and a several select friends with specific knowledge, I guarantee that if you design such a system, that you're confident in, it can be subverted in such a way as to yield, at each possible scope of verifiable consistency, the results you expect to see.

Hypervisor

It's in the hardware, ya know.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Enjoy that certainty. Based on the knowledge of myself and a several select friends with specific knowledge, I guarantee that if you design such a system, that you're confident in, it can be subverted in such a way as to yield, at each possible scope of verifiable consistency, the results you expect to see.

Great, can you now repeat the whole post in "stupid" talk so I can understand it as well?

Computer do what?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It is hard to tell how many different companies actually provide voting machines and software. But yes, there is no excuse for spending all that money for inferior equipment. There's even less excuses for not checking the provenance of the software. If I can find out the ties of Sequoia to Hugo Chavez so can they.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
S&F just for that title!

Where's my bottle of Votagra?

Where's Big Pharma when you need 'em?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
S&F just for that title!

Where's my bottle of Votagra?

Where's Big Pharma when you need 'em?

Why thank you asmeone2.
Votagra.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
SD, at this point, I think not even a caseload of "Votagra" could save our system.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I love the title of this thread. Just imagine how Bob Dole could have exploited this title in a campaign, oh he is one of the guys that might be in the know on the topic. I just can't believe all of the people that are in denial that the voting is fixed. I've had a feeling about this being the case for years, but it is now so blatantly in our faces. Don't try and make me believe that we are being dumbed down.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I just can't believe all of the people that are in denial that the voting is fixed. I've had a feeling about this being the case for years, but it is now so blatantly in our faces.

Agreed.

And yet no one seems to be up in arms about it, including the parties or the voters.
Not even Nader, Paul, kucinich.

And no watchdogs in sight to sound the alarm.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

And yet no one seems to be up in arms about it, including the parties or the voters.
Not even Nader, Paul, kucinich.

I can understand that though. Their detractors would say they didn't want to play fair by changing the voting methods.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Well you'd think at least Nader would be all over it.
Seeing as he was part of the 2000 fiasco.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join