It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VP debate over. Polls out. Who really won?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well the scientific polls are out.

RCP Average 09/26 - 10/02 -- 49.2 43.4 Obama +5.8
Gallup Tracking 09/30 - 10/02 2728 RV 49 42 Obama +7
Rasmussen Tracking 09/30 - 10/02 3000 LV 51 44 Obama +7
Hotline/FD Tracking 09/30 - 10/02 909 RV 48 42 Obama +6
GW/Battleground 09/29 - 10/02 800 LV 49 46 Obama +3

So... no Palin did not win in the minds of the voters. Or if she did, it simply did not matter. Obama is winning every poll available.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Either I am reading that wrong or none of those polls end after the debate. They all end on the day of the debate.

I doubt they were polling people at 11:00 last night.....unless they were part of a focus group watching the debate for one of the cable news channels.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Look "Fox Mulder of ATS" the polls won't reflect the debate until next week sometime hunny.
besides, haven't you learned anything from Penn &Teller?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
west coast mentality. ended at 8pm for me, and I know they still call for polls at 8. I figure that 10.02.08 still includes the debate. could be wrong. In which case, they will update, and Id venture to guess that the numbers will be the same.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I am sure that McCain will get some sort of bump in the polls from her performance at the debate. Even liberals are saying that she performed well.

But, like Fathom said, we won't know until next week sometime.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I don't put a whole lot of faith into polls anyway. They're meant to guide public opinion, not reflect it.

That's just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
west coast mentality. ended at 8pm for me, and I know they still call for polls at 8. I figure that 10.02.08 still includes the debate. could be wrong. In which case, they will update, and Id venture to guess that the numbers will be the same.

For a guy that talks like he knows so much, you sure seem to know so little.

You've made several misleading posts in the past weeks. Polling data is often 2-3 days old when its updated. So therefore a lot of poll numbers you see now are technically what people were thinking a couple days ago.

We wont see a shift in numbers for another 2-3 days.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

id love to see another ''misleading post''. i may have jumped the gun on this assuming if it included 10.02.08, it included thursday. I could be wrong. But id love for you to actually back up your accusation. I doubt you can.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Hey bud, I'm a big poll nerd...

www.fivethirtyeight.com...

This is the best site I have found. The guy who runs the site is a SUPER NUMBER NERD.
I think the current polls you have listed do, do not ( ALA PALIN ) represent post debate.
Needless to say Mccain is suffering more each day.

To all the rest, NATE (site posted) is a DEM, but he is fair and very professional. He has been on the road and has great stories and photos from the battle ground states at a grassroots level - Mccain and Obama alike. It is a great supplement to the ATS Politics regimen ...

GOSH I miss Jamie83 and JETXNET...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Five thirty eight is a great resource for raw polling data, I check it all the time. Nice to see Obama taking the lead on there, McCain ruled their polls for quite some time up until only recently.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
GOSH I miss Jamie83 and JETXNET...

me too..

how about re-instating jamie83!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The politicians won.

We the people have lost.

Really, do you guys really see that big a difference between the two parties? All I see is smoke and mirrors. When the time comes to sell the American people down the river they all seem pretty cohesive up there in Washington.

Of course I am exceptionally cynical today because of the whole bailout issue.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

jamie got banned for political trolling. so how bout not.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Fathom

jamie got banned for political trolling. so how bout not.

the political trolling policiy is only implemented if you're on the right side of the issue.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Alright...

Back on topic... You know, the debate and who won?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well here are the latest as of today, the 4th.

National Gallup Tracking Obama 50, McCain 42 Obama +8
National Rasmussen Tracking Obama 51, McCain 45 Obama +6
National Hotline/FD Tracking Obama 48, McCain 41 Obama +7

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
BKnapple I think it'd be about time we here at ATS move away from these "polls" and "focus group opinions", I mean anything can happy in these elections and to be frank, these polls are really pointless where history tells us that the actual elections can be anything other than.

Obama is looking good but these polls should not be trusted, at anytime for either candidate... it is the individuals that really count in opinion. The only way you can get a good idea is by asking people themselves, people who you feel are undecided and unslanted.

Personally, Biden came out of the debate ahead, he answered all the questions and performed as expected in as a person of his experience. That being said Palin held her ground and essentially reestablished herself as worthy in the conservative base. Because Biden didnt actually knock her out, this debate essentially became a tie. Biden performed as expected and Palin saved the McCain express from crashing and blowing up in flames...

[edit on 4-10-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
All polls except one, the one of Fox News, show Obama leading by 5 or more points. Only Fox News says its tied or real close. Not sure if we should trust them since Rove works for them and one of the press sec guys said they tell Fox News what to report. So bush could tell them that McCain has a 10000 point lead in every state and they'd report it. So right now polls show Obama getting the lead and Palins tie not helping.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
newest polls. obama is gaining even more...

Gallup Tracking 10/06 - 10/08 2761 RV 52 41 Obama +11
Rasmussen Tracking 10/06 - 10/08 3000 LV 50 45 Obama +5
Hotline/FD Tracking 10/06 - 10/08 852 LV 47 41 Obama +6
Reuters/CSpan/Zogby Tracking 10/06 - 10/0 1203 LV 48 44 Obama +4
GW/Battleground Tracking 10/05 - 10/08 800 LV 48 45 Obama +3

new topics

top topics

join