It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon Built The Great Pyramid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
*yawn* it says clearly he built them in isreal not egypt not only that but they were destroyed

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
yes the bible is man written, but it is also GOD inspired. The fact that the structure that Solomon was built from blocks, some as large as 15 feet, it took 20 years to build and that it sits in the midst of Egypt as recorded in the bible, it also was "High" and the fact that the coffer in the Kings chamber is the same size as the Ark Of The Covenant and the length of the Kings Chamber is the exact size of the wingspan of the Cherubims adding to that the fact that the Sphinx is still greater than any such structure anywhere in the world to this day is overwhelming. and then you add in all the measurements of this Sanctuary that refer to the dimensions of the Earth it becomes clear that GOD's hand was involved in it's construction and location. there is no way any early civilization could have had this information only for it to disappear and leave questions. The Bible tells the whole story of what really happened, even to the point of telling why it became Desolate.

How do you know it (Bible) is "God inspired" and not just mad men or men wanting to control others? Did god tell you this or some man in front of a pulpit or your parents? Im just wondering how you know the Bible is not just from man? I'd like a real answer to this. How do we/you know? If god would tell me in person then I could belive otherwise it could just be brainwashing =/.
I was taught christianity as I grew up and I believed/believe but as I grow wiser and older these questions cannot go unasnwered.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Bible was not God-inspired, my belief was that it was the construction of story-tellers who held such a intense longing to be heard or accepted. i cannot accept that Soloman built the great pyramids in Giza merely due to dates. We honestly have no clear indication of when the pyramids were built either in Egypt, Japan etc..but we do know that Solomans reign is recent in comparison to the dates put forward for the building of such pyramids.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

yes the bible is man written, but it is also GOD inspired.

No offense, but you might want to study HOW the Bible was put together. If it was God inspired, then God forgot to tell everyone to come into some agreement about what was to be there. It took over 100 years to come to agreement -- and then was heavily edited over the centuries (including by Martin Luther, who removed some of the books in the Protestant Bible.

You'd think God would have them get it right on the first edit.

The fact that the structure that Solomon was built from blocks, some as large as 15 feet, it took 20 years to build and that it sits in the midst of Egypt as

Beg to differ, here. Jerusalem is NOT in the middle of Egypt. Or anywhere near Egypt. The Temple was built in Zion (also called Jerusalem) -- as it says in the Bible.

recorded in the bible, it also was "High" and the fact that the coffer in the Kings chamber is the same size as the Ark Of The Covenant

Not unless the Pharoah was a midget. The Ark measures two cubits and a half in length, a cubit and a half in breadth, and a cubit and a half in height. The Biblical cubit is about 18", meaning the Pharoah would have to be much smaller than 3 feet tall.

(here's a converter that includes cubits in the options (scroll down lots))
www.infoplease.com...

... and then you add in all the measurements of this Sanctuary that refer to the dimensions of the Earth it becomes clear that GOD's hand was involved in it's construction and location.

Cite some measurements, please... REAL measurements.

The Bible tells the whole story of what really happened, even to the point of telling why it became Desolate.[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

If you're speaking of the "abomination of desolation" you need to go back and reread those Biblical phrases. Matthew says: "So when you see standing in the Holy Place "the abomination that causes desolation," spoken of through the prophet Daniel, let the reader understand - then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains." (Matthew 24:15-16)

Note it says "Judea." Nobody in Egypt was going to see anything happening in Judea.

Daniel says: "His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the Temple and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation. With flattery he will corrupt those who have violated the covenant, but the people who know their God will firmly resist him." (Daniel 11:31-32)

There were never any daily sacrifices in the pyramid at Giza OR in the Sphynx. We have good records of the Egyptians and what they offered at the *MANY* funeral chapels in front of the Pyramids, and sacrificing bulls and sheep wasn't among it.

The pyramids aren't isolated and buried in the desert. They're across the river from Cairo, a very easy journey, and the whole area has been constantly occupied and lived in and around ever since before the pyramids were built.

And they were built over a long period of time. Nor are there just three at the Giza complex.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Firstly. I stand on the Bible as truth, I get results when I apply what is written to my life. If others choose not to believe, sobeit, it's not my soul that will suffer loss. John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
SECOND, I never said or insinuated that anyone was ever buried in the Great Pyramid, that is a lie that came from the Egyptian Historians. I do not believe that such a structure as the Great Pyramid was built to bury anyone, it seems a waste. On the other hand the Great Pyramid fits perfectly as a sactuary built for God to dwell in. The Kings chamber still contains the Coffer/ Ark Of The Covenant and is the same size room as recorded in the Bible as being 20 cubits long. (34 ft.) THIRD what is now called Egypt was not always called Egypt, it was part of Judah and Jerusalem, in earlier times there was a upper and lower Egypt and the Great Pyramid sits in the midst of the two. Isaiah 19:19 In that day shall there be an "ALTAR" to the LORD in the MIDST of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
Isaiah 19:21 And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.
Does not the Great Pyramid sit in the midst of Egypt ? ALSO let us look at the area King Solomon ruled over. And Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the river unto the land of the Philistines, and unto the border of Egypt: they brought presents, and served Solomon all the days of his life. 1 Kings 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen. 1 Kings 4:30 And Solomon�s wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt.
It is clear in these verses that King Solomon's wisdom excelled ALL the wisdom of Egypt and that he ruled from the river and to the Border of Egypt where the Great Pyramid sits. King Solomon had to have seen the Great Pyramid, "IF" it exsisted at his time for he ruled to the border of Egypt. It says that he excelled the wisdom of Egypt, therefore the Great Pyramid could not have exsisted at his time or else how could he build a house for the Lord "GREATER" than any other Temple before him. FORTH I never refered to the Lord's House as being the Abomination that Maketh Desolate so I don't know where you got that from. I said that the Lord's House (the Great Pyramid) became desolate because of the sins of Solomons Son's. Daniel made reference to the Lord's House that became desolate : Daniel 9:16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy "CITY JERUSALEM", thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.
17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon "THY SANCTUARY" that is desolate, for the Lord�s sake. We see in these verses that the Lord"s Sanctuary was still standing and desolate at the time of Daniel. So tell me where is this House that was made of stone blocks some as large as 15 ft. that took 150,000 workers 20 years to build, that sits on the border of Egypt, that is "HIGH" and contained a room 20 cubits long where the "Ark Of The Covenant" was placed and still sits in the room to this day ? ALL this info points to the Great Pyramid without a doubt.
It also stated that EGYPT would know the Lord and serve him. Solomon ruled oer the Egyptians during the time of his rule. All the world came to see King Solomon and hear his wisdom and to see the Great city Jerusalem and the Sanctuary he built for the Lord.. There was nothing like it in any Kingdom, which includes the Egyptians. 1 Kings 4:34 And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom. 4 And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon�s wisdom, and the house that he had built,
5 And the meat of his table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparel, and his cupbearers, and his "ASCENT" by which he went "UP" unto the house of the LORD; there was no more spirit in her. ( She Fainted). 6 And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom. [report: Heb. word] [acts: or, sayings]
7 Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard. 8 Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom.
9 Blessed be the LORD thy God, which delighted in thee, to set thee on the throne of Israel: because the LORD loved Israel for ever, therefore made he thee king, to do judgment and justice.
The House that King Solomon built unto the Lord was so Great that the Queen of Sheba Fainted when she actually saw it for herself for the first time. 2 Chron 2:5 And the house which I build is "GREAT" for great is our God above all gods.
6 But who is able to build him an house, seeing the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain him? who am I then, that I should build him an house, "SAVE ONLY TO BURN SACRIFICE BEFORE GOD"
7 Send me now therefore a man cunning to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, and in iron, and in purple, and crimson, and blue, and that can skill to grave with the cunning men that are with me in Judah and in Jerusalem, whom David my father did provide. [to grave: Heb. to grave gravings]
8 Send me also cedar trees, fir trees, and algum trees, out of Lebanon: for I know that thy servants can skill to cut timber in Lebanon; and, behold, my servants shall be with thy servants, [algum: also called, almuggim]
9 Even to prepare me timber in abundance: for the house which I am about to build shall be "WONDERFUL GREAT". [wonderful�: Heb. great and wonderful]
DO YOU SEE THE TRUTH YET ? The Purpose of the Great Pyramid/GOD'S HOUSE was to "BURN SACRIFICE BEFORE GOD"

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wow, first Greek Philosophy steals Egyptian legacy and now someone is claiming the Pyramids of Giza were built by the Hebrews.

Prophet, most of those or probably all of those verses from Isiaiah you mentioned are prophecies, not history.

The Pyramids of Giza were built for Egyptian gods, they weren't built for God.

The fact that the Pyramids of Giza align directly with the Belt of Orion is proof of this. The Hebrew Israelites never engaged in Astronomy or Astrology because that's considered satanic.

Give the Egyptians their due and leave their due.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I have proof in the Bible that King Solomon built the Great Pyramid, not the Egyptians as some suppose. Two of the Greatest proofs cannot be denied. In the Sanctuary that King Solomon built there was a room called the "Holy Of Holies" in that room was the Ark of The Covenant which measured 2 1/2 cubits x 1 1/2 cubit x 1 1/2 cubits tall. That equals 51 in. x 31 in. x 31 in. The exact size of the "COFFER" in the Kings Chamber. (2) The Wingspan of the Golden Cheribims touched wall to wall in a room in the Sanctuary that King Solomon built, the Cherubims wingspan is equal to 20 cubits or 34 ft. which just happens to be the length of the Kings Chamber. You or anyone else can call it a coencidence, but I don't believe the Lie. There is no way, Further no one could be buried in it for it is too small so you tell me what it was for. If you can come up with any reasonable explanation of this so called coencidence I will consider it, but I already know you can't for no one else has figured out the purpose of the COFFER. These two points alone are convincing to anyone seeking the truth about who built the Great Pyramid. I have over thirty pages of scripture that confirm my position and I have NO DOUBT whatsoever who built the Great Pyramid for I have all the facts according to the Bible. I am in the process of writing a book on the building of the Great Pyramid and have plenty of back up information, but I will not put it all here. I have given much info here to show that it was indeed King Solomon that built the Great Pyramid and not the Egyptians. You are right in your belief that it was built for a God, but wrong concerning which God. It was built as a dwelling place for JEHOVAH GOD, as is seen in the scriptures.

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Do you know how he built it? Have you been down there and seen it?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I have proof in the Bible that King Solomon built the Great Pyramid, not the Egyptians as some suppose. Two of the Greatest proofs cannot be denied. In the Sanctuary that King Solomon built there was a room called the "Holy Of Holies" in that room was the Ark of The Covenant which measured 2 1/2 cubits x 1 1/2 cubit x 1 1/2 cubits tall. That equals 51 in. x 31 in. x 31 in. The exact size of the "COFFER" in the Kings Chamber. (2) The Wingspan of the Golden Cheribims touched wall to wall in a room in the Sanctuary that King Solomon built, the Cherubims wingspan is equal to 20 cubits or 34 ft. which just happens to be the length of the Kings Chamber. You or anyone else can call it a coencidence, but I don't believe the Lie. There is no way, Further no one could be buried in it for it is too small so you tell me what it was for. If you can come up with any reasonable explanation of this so called coencidence I will consider it, but I already know you can't for no one else has figured out the purpose of the COFFER. These two points alone are convincing to anyone seeking the truth about who built the Great Pyramid. I have over thirty pages of scripture that confirm my position and I have NO DOUBT whatsoever who built the Great Pyramid for I have all the facts according to the Bible. I am in the process of writing a book on the building of the Great Pyramid and have plenty of back up information, but I will not put it all here. I have given much info here to show that it was indeed King Solomon that built the Great Pyramid and not the Egyptians. You are right in your belief that it was built for a God, but wrong concerning which God. It was built as a dwelling place for JEHOVAH GOD, as is seen in the scriptures.

um hello you need to read that a little more it says in the bible he build that in isreal lol
its funny how you pass that part by

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The pyramids were built thousands of years before king solomen was even a gleam in his daddy's eye.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
paragraphs people, paragraphs, space out your text....

I'd love to read all of this thread... but it's impossible.

Now, I agree, Egyptians built the pyramids, not Solomon.

The bible, is truth, I stand on that also and if I'm wrong then so be it.

thank you and good day.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Bible states that the" LORD'S HOUSE" was in Jerusalem. so it becomes a question of what land mass was considered Egypt and what part was considered Jerusalem. It is clear from scripture that they were close together for King Solomon people went in and out of Egypt regularly. It would be very easy to move the boundaries of Egypt over the course of 3000 years. If you take the current boundaries and move them, all the peices of the puzzle fall together perfectly. It is clear from scripture that the ALTAR that Solomon built would be the size of the Great Pyramid and it took about the same time to built. Another fact I forgot to mention is that Most Egyptian Kings headress usually contained serpents, cobras and other snakes ( a symbol of satan or the god of the Egyptians) How come the Sphinx has no such serpent on it ? answer: The Great Pyramid was built for the worship of a different God, King Solomons God. The bible clearly states that there were 26 LIONS (Sphinx) around the throne that King Solomon built, and that they was no statues like them in any Kingdom ( which includes the Egyptians) for solomon built his around 1000 BC which would have been after the alledged time that the Pyramid was built. If the Sphinx is stll standing and the LIONS that King Solomon built was greater than the Sphinx and built after the Sphinx, where are these LIONS ?

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Do you know how he built it? If you got a convincing explanation I could believe you�
but in my eyes I don�t know/believe who the owner is until he/them can prove how he/them built it

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The "COFFER" and the size of the room that it is in verify who built it. Again, it is no coincidence that the COFFER is the exact size as that of the "ARK OF THE COVENANT" The wings of the Cherubim touched wall to wall in the inner room of GOD'S HOUSE, which equalled 34 ft. The same length as the Kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid. The Sphinx is not Egyptian for most Egyptian Kings had a headress that contained a snake or serpent, the symbol of their god. Add to that the fact that the Altar that King Solomon built took 150,000 workers 20 years to build and that it was built with the same size blocks that the Great Pyramid was built with, paints a pretty impressive picture. The Lord's House was built around 950 BC as recorded in the bible and that it was the Greatest Structure in the land, which includes Egypt, for King Solomon and his people went in and out of Egypt and they would have had to have seen the Great Pyramid if it existed at that time. 1 Kings 3:1 And Solomon made affinity with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and took Pharaoh�s daughter, and brought her into the city of David, until he had made an end of building his own house, and the house of the LORD, and the wall of Jerusalem round about. 1 Kings 4:21 And Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the river unto the land of the Philistines, and unto the border of Egypt: they brought presents, and served Solomon all the days of his life. 1 Kings 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen. 1 Kings 4:30 And Solomon�s wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and" all the wisdom of Egypt".
1 Kings 4:34 And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom. These verses show that King Solomon's wisdom "EXCELLED" that of the Egyptians and that Kings from all over the World came to see the House that Solomon built for the Lord and to hear the WISDOM of King Solomon. It does not mention that they came to see the Great Pyramid, but to see GOD'S HOUSE. the fact is that there was nothing Greater than that which King Solomon built: I Kings 10:18 Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with the best gold.
19 The throne had six steps, and the top of the throne was round behind: and there were stays on either side on the place of the seat, and two lions (Sphinx) stood beside the stays.
20 And twelve lions(Sphinx) stood there on the one side and on the other upon the six steps: there was not the like made "IN ANY KINGDOM" "ANY" includes the Egyptians. So tell me, How could GOD's House simply disappear , for it would have been Greater than the Great Pyramid for Solomons wisdom Excelled that of the Egyptians. Kings came from all over the world to see the House that Solomon built, not the Great Pyramid, which would have had to be in the same general area as the Lord's House. So tell me, If the Great Pyramid was standing at the time of King Solomon why would all the Kings come to see GOD's House and not the Great Pyramid ?

jra

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
To paraphrase elevatedone. Paragraphs are your friend. USE THEM!

There is nothing worse then having 50 - 100 lines of text and not one paragraph. It just helps to keep things organized and presentable. I highly recommend them.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is bull. The Egyptians built the Great Pyramid. There are so many facts.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have found yet another prime example of your inability to recognize FACTS when presented before your very eyes.

In *this* thread your retort has been to repeat the measurements of the Arc over and over and over and over again... Inspite of the fcat that the Esteemed Byrd has corrected your faux paux...

Additionally you mention that you speak in tongues and lay hands upon the ill and cure them. Now this Of ind fascinating.

The last guy I heard about that spoke in tongues was Robert Tilton, in case anyone doesn't know who Robert Tilton is please review this:

www.peopleunitedforreligiousfreedom.org...

or this:

www.trinityfi.org...

or this:

www.discernment.org...

Now here is a grand master of the Evangelical money monster. This guy was such a FREAK that he was literally run out of Dallas at gunpoint.

He stayed so afraid of this town's good folk that he wore a disguise every time he had to come back here to face the court in his many Fraud cases and law suits brought against him by the families of the poor souls he bilked.

I digress... Prophet have you ever heard of the theory that God will never show us a sign we can't UNDERSTAND? When you think about it it makes sense.

What good is a sign if no one can read it? It is actually written that the false prophets will speak in "tongues" that no one can understand ala Robert Tilton.

That being said, I ask you, what if I could show you 1,500 OTHER places that had those exact measurements? You know the measurements of the Arc. Would that make them built by Soloman too?

I actually respect ONE thing about you, your faith... BUT I abhore those who would twist their faith in order to gain leverage over others, ala Robert Tilton and many others like him.

Taking LONG LEAPS of faith is matter of personal choice, disregarding the facts and condemning those who present them as foolish for not jumping with you is ludicrous and poor form...

The pyramids ARE in Egypt. Egypt's border has been well established for millenia, to say that Egypt's border was moved for the sole purpose of making your assertion "play" is the height of ignorance.

m...

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I will go into detail on a few verses and give some insight from my book on the Lord's House. This should give some light and understanding. 1 Kings 4:34 And there came of all people to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all kings of the earth, which had heard of his wisdom. 4 And when the queen of Sheba had seen all Solomon�s wisdom, and the house that he had built, 5 And the meat of his table, and the sitting of his servants, and the attendance of his ministers, and their apparel, and his cupbearers, and his "ASCENT" by which he went "UP" unto the house of the LORD; there was no more spirit in her. ( She Fainted). 6 And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom.
7 Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it: and, behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard. 8 Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom. This is the Queen of Sheba's testimony of what she saw and her description of the Lord's House and the atmosphere. As we look at her testimony let us look at the Great Pyramid and see if it fits. The Queen of Sheba and all the other Kings of the earth had heard about a "GREAT HOUSE" that King Solomon built unto the Lord. The word House is used because it was the only term they could use to describe this structure because it was different and unique among all other buildings. The stories that the Queen had heard about this House were truly unbelievable. The stories were so unbelievable that the Queen didn't believe them and determined to go see the truth for herself. She took a long journey and carried with her 300 tons of Gold and an abundance of jewels for King Solomon. Not only the Queen of Sheba, but "ALL" the Kings of the earth came to see this Great house that King Solomon built and to Hear his Wisdom. . The House King Solomon built was the Wonder of the World at that time, it was almost beyond belief, which is what the Queen said after seeing the Great Pyramid for the first time. She went on to say that what she saw "GREATLY" exceeded that of which she had heard about this house. When the Queen saw the way King Solomon Ascended "UP" and entered the Great Pyramid/GOD'S House, she was awestruck and fainted. . Here's a glimpse of the Great Pryamid in it's original Glory. According to some historical documents and revelation I have been given, it was covered with white limestone (some is still there to this day) it had a Black Onyx Capstone and a small section below the Capstone was covered with pure Gold. "UNBELIEVABLE" it Glowed for miles away. Their was not the"LIKENESS" in any Kingdom, Gold and silver were in such abundance in Jerusalem that they were like stones. A House fit for the GOD of Heaven. The Pyramid and Jerusalem were a Earthly representation of the "New Jerusalem" that will come down from Heaven to the Earth after the "Great White Throne Judgement" The Sphinx is really a Cherub. The body of the Cherub (Lion) seems out of proportion because the wings are missing. . If the Great Pyramid is not the House that King Solomon built for GOD, "WHY" would all the Kings of the Earth Marvel at the House that Solomon built and come to hear his Wisdom and not Marvel at the Great Pyramid which was close by and come to hear the Wisdom of the Egyptians ?

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ok, now we have lions that are really angels?! They just "look like" lions because their wings are missing?! What about their LION BODIES and their LION PAWS and LEGS?!

LDP, this is getting goofy now. I don't think Sheeba came to see Soloman to check out his "house" she was interested in something under his tunic more than his digs my man...

Also, the fcat he had to go "UP" doesn't mean anything, every house in the land had steps to avert the floods of the rainy season. Also Soloman's Temple was splendid and it WAS a HOUSE built by him to honor his Creator.

Don't you think if it was a PYRAMID they would have mentioned its ODD SHAPE and design?! A pyramid was NOT the typical tract house of the day or the typical temple design.

The passage you quote merely indicates it was a terrific House/Temple if it was in fact a pyramid there would have been something along the lines of... "The pyramid was the most wonderful in all the land. Those Egyptians could take a lesson from ole Soloman."

m...

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The Sphinx is really a Cherub. The body of the Cherub (Lion) seems out of proportion because the wings are missing.

LDP,

A cherub is not an animal and would look nothing like the Sphinx. A cherub is described as an order of angels, a winged child, an innocent-looking usually chubby and rosy person.

btw, stop the cut and paste posting.

thanks,

kinglizard

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join