It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governmental Conspiracy Against Free Will !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I would like to bring to your attention something that is bothering me and I'm sure is bothering a lot of people, I'd like to talk about the concept of free will and how we are being denied it from our respective governments.

Firstly, I have heard recently that the goverment (UK) intend to label cigarette packets with graphic images of people with various diseases resulting from smoking i.e. lung cancer, Bronchitis etc

What I don't understand is the fact that the government make millions from the cigarettes and tobacco that they sell and yet they want to discourage us from smoking by placing said images on cigarette packets?

This doesn't ring true to me because I have also heard that for the last 4/5 the NHS has talked about not treating people with smoking related illnesses and they should fund their own medication.

So by not treating the people with smoking related illnesses they save money yet they make millions from supplying and selling cigarettes? Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Secondly, Heroin addicts, the government talks about reducing the levels of drugs consumed by the population yet they are willing to spend a massive amount of money supplying methadone to drug users ? Hardly an effective strategy is it?

Thirdly, Euthanasia in this country is illegal, your more than likely to be arrested in assisting a person that wants to die commit suicide but yet the government is happy to allow to continue your existance and treatment by therapy or drugs which all cost money.

If I have been told I'm going to die in the next 6 months, a slow and probably painful death and I opt out and decide to end my life because I don't want to go through the suffering but my partner is commiting a crime in achieving this.

Keeping me alive costs alot of money, but its illegal for my partner to help me die however the goverment doesn't stop making substances (alcohol, cigarettes) that do KILL people but which makes the goverment alot of money?

Shops aren't allowed to sell king size mars bars no more because apparently they encourage and influence the levels of obesity? Well what's to stop me buying 3 smaller size mars bars and eating them?

If the goverment genuinely has a problem and wants its population to be healthy then surely they should stop the problem at the source i.e. not make cigarettes, limit junk food etc

Not allow cigarettes to be made and sold, same with junk food but make profit from it ?!?!

The government can go on and on about whats unhealthy and what we shouldn't be doing but they won't stop it at the source because they're making profit from it!

Why the title of this thread? Well, I want a choice and I'm sure every one of you does, if I know and understand the dangers of smoking or eating junk food yet continue to do so then thats MY choice.

I don't need to be told with what seems like genuine concern that something is bad for me yet it is still be manufactured, sold and advertised from the very people telling me its harmful but yet theyre the one's profiting from it.

Put simply, if I want to smoke then I will, if I want to eat unhealthy then I will but DO NOT tell me its bad for me and pretend to make an attempt to dissuade people from doing - when your the ones making money from it!!!

Just wanted to add that I AM a smoker, I do drink alcohol and yes occasionally I do eat junk food.

[edit on 3/10/08 by Death_Kron]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I feel the same way, really.

These health-oriented persons claim they live longer and happyer, more power to them.. but if they make me live by their standards they're crossing a very personal line.

We all have to die at some point anyway, it's not like they hold the secret of immortality.. and even if they did, what's the point of living long if you can't live the way you want to in the first place?

My grandfather was obese, smoked like a chimney, ate whatever he felt like and became 84 years.
A guy I knew who swore by rabbit-food, no smoking and jogging miles per day didn't make it past half that age. Heart defect, R.I.P, 39 years old.

These anti-smoking laws where passed in the European Parliament.
Millions where spent to build 'smoking isles' in the EU building, state of the art which removed the fumes allmost instantly. The ministers where supposed to use these, and stop smoking in the confines of their own offices.

After a couple days, this rule was revoked, because it could not be enforced. I mean, WTF ? The very guys who crammed these laws through our throats feel themselves too good to even follow them for themselves, but these pens have never been intended for the elite.. just for us, the cattle.. and with every piece of legislation, the pens get smaller and smaller. Truly cooking the frog..

And while they are, in effect, above the law, lorrydrivers get fined massive amounts for ignoring this 'law' in the confines of their own truck cabbins because those count as 'working ground'. It has nothing to do with health, it has to do with making us used to being forbidden a lot of things our fathers took for granted!

And now, they're coming after obese people, too.. in several branches, you get refused a job if your Body Mass Index is above the 'ideal' their computers spewed out... or they get fired after having held that same position for years now, without any negative results.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi Death_Kron,

The UK Government is so wrong on so many issues - many of which fly against public opinion and/or commen sense.

It seems to me that many laws are there to either raise tax revenue or to frustrate and distract the average person.

However I would like to belive a lot of laws have been brought about with good intentions, it's just that they get corrupted or have unforseen consequences.

But I think the message is quite clear on smoking:

If you want to smoke, smoke, but that sh*t is bad for you and we will tax you like a b*tch.

The UK Government should take this stance with all currently illegal substances. Educate, Regulate and Tax.

"People aren't f*cked up because they're on drugs, they're on drugs because they're f*cked up."

Why can't they just give us more freedom and the responsibility that goes with it??

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is not meant to be offensive but why do serious subjects often become trivial personal issues? If the government is trying to supress the freedom and free will of men, which I believe it is, that is a serious subject and issue. If it is literally trying to "cement" the mind and stupify the free will of man, that subject should be addressed more seriously about the actuality of the spirit being oppressed and how the government is doing this. I know your issue has some part of relevance as to how a person can be oppressed, but it seems the concern is too personalized for a web site and the real important issues are not addressed. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I hear ya on the methadone conspiracy man, which it purely is. I am a victim of the methadone clinic. I decided 24 days ago to just stop cold turkey 155mg because they want to keep you addicted and it was the only way to do it but OMG I am suffering. I am doing what 90% of people can not do. I've gone this long I can do it every day for the rest of my life.

TO ANYONE ON METHADONE..... get off that crap! It is bs! Your dose costs them 1$ a day... how much are you paying?? IT was invented by the NAZI's!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

i beleive it is still survival of the fittest in this world, but a little different than how you would think.

think of it this way, in order to survive in a western country like america you have to literally live your life against the grain. everything that is popular is unhealthy in some way. everything that is easy to obtain is unhealthy in some way.

the things that are healthy for a person are unpopular, the things that are healthy are not as easy to obtain than their unhealthy counterpart ( diff between spending five minutes at a fast food drive through to get food, versus, spending 10 to 20 minutes at home cutting up veggies and making a big salad to eat )

don't even get me started on high fructose corn syrup.... if you haven't ever tried to take it completely out of your diet you just don't realize how it is IN EVERYTHING..... start reading labels, ingredients, you'll find that western society puts so much poison in it's foods that it actually will take time out of your day in order to figure out what foods are actually safe to eat or not.

this is not limited to what we put in our bodies or our health, the most popular religion ( you know what i'm talking about ) is not one that condemns war or human sacrafice. the school systems teach selectively and not very well. if someone truely came out of western society with a head on their shoulders it was NOT because they were taught and trained by society that way, it was because they had a head on their shoulders to begin with. our society is mainly an effort to dumb down it's poeple, legitimately.

therefore, i would conclude that with all those factors put into sight, a person in a strongly western influenced society ( esp america ) would have to be a strongly driven individual, mentally, spiritually and more physically concious ( about diet and health ) than his peers are and than his culture influences him to be.

in this way only 'the strong' 'survive'. i hope that was clear enough, just my thoughts on the subject. this all could be intentional by design, to sacrafice the masses into a society and culture of damnation in order to see who rises above it all. or it could just be a design not meant for anyone to rise above, just an effort to depopulate. but a person is required to go against the grain every step of the way if they want to be healthy, mentally, physically and spiritually.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
oh i forgot to add,

which about the free will part of your post. concerning everything i have just said....

if you lived in a society that gave you healthy foods, healhty everything, taught schools correctly.... etc etc all you had to do to be healthy mentally, physically and spiritually was just.. fit in with everyone else - how could you consider THAT freewill?

isn't my last post a description that a person would have to 'choose' between himself and his personal view of what is healthy for him ( physically, mentally and spiritually ) and his cultures' view ?

i would say the 'survival of the fittest' method of culture that i outlined in my last post could be an elaboration that truely going against the grain and choosing something for yourself, to research things and make decisions that others might redicule you for.... isn't that the ultimate sign of 'free will'?

new topics

top topics

join