It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bail out plan filled with pork (451 pages)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Scariest part is McCain voted for it while running an entire platform of promising to veto all pork.

Insane. Game over.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
lets not just pick on mccain, i believe biden and obama voted for it too, when they said they would cut pork as well

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This has made for a very nice read, guys. (just read up and going to hand out stars and a flag.)

I am remaining hopeful that our representatives are still heeding the call of their constituents through tomorrow's vote, but I have my doubts. However, recent events still bring about a turning point in my eyes. I have never seen such a united voice in the FACE of deliberate and completely contrary progpaganda pushed by the administration AND the MSM simultaneously. People are waking up... and it is happening quickly and massively. Like I stated in a thread that went nowhere, I give thanks to Ron Paul for a very large portion of this newfound voice which, make no mistake, is getting its information from website JUST LIKE THIS ONE all over the net! I am very proud. Lets stay on 'em!

The McCain thing is something else, btw. Let's count the ways. 1) In the republican primaries, John McCain states OVER and OVER that he is illinformed in the arena of economics. 2) Crisis ensues and he says: "I have been telling people what the problem is [earmarks, I'm assuming because that's his only plan as illustrated in his debate with Obama and campaign ads] and that they wouldn't listen. So now he's gotta go fix it (the contradiction is astounding.) 3) He actually votes for what, I'm assuming, is the largest earmark project in history, and 4) He has the AUDACITY to say, while CAMPAIGNING FOR POTUS, that Bush should DELIBERATELY subvert the will of the people and make this Heist legal through executive order!
I'm seriously thinking that the McCain campaign is sabotaging itself!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Still waiting on the roll call to be posted. I just checked and it hasnt hit the board yet. There are 3 pieces passed so far, but one issue was dealt with twice for some reason.

Waiting.....

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by slouden
So the real issue is NOT actually taking care of our economic problems, just pat my back and I'll pat yours. Their goal is to line their own pockets when our economy is going down the drain. How sick is our administration!!!!

I couldn't agree more!! I despise practically everything about this administration now. NO ONE, not a single representative in our congress or senate cares one ounce about the people they are supposed to represent. It literally makes me sick. I have no words to describe the disdain I have. The two elite we are supposed to vote for in a few weeks are as self centered, in it for self and completely blind to the will and needs of the people as everyone else in our government. The rich are going to get richer, period. This is a wall street bailout, bailing out those who made money, have money and will make a ton more money from this "rescue". The rescue of those who really matter, the rich one's who fund the campaigns of all these crooked politicians. A Government of the people, by the people, for the people...without the people.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
well I wrote a personal Email to Bob Bennet (Bennett) * I dont know how its spelled) today again..........

I pointed out all the dam pork and I dont care that they voted it through yesterday I still want him to know IO think it is a huge pile of smelly crap.....

to little to late........I know.
I did think that beforehand also...... but I never expected anything I said to be heard.....I sent Emails and made calls......I was SHOCKED when the initial bailout plan was rejected I thought for a few minutes there that we were actually being listened to, and maybe we really DID matter......

.....not surprisingly I was wrong

[edit on 2-10-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Everyone is talkin about a 700 billion bailout plan but the plan reads clearly "...such authority shall be limited to $700,000,000,000 outstanding at any one time." (they didn't change this on the new plan.)

Why write that "...at any one time"? Only reason I can figure out is that they can take several trillions and roll it through the system in 700 billion dollar pieces.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
From what I have read about a lot of these "earmarks" or "pork" over the years, it seems they are there purely to enrich favoured businesses in return for political support and campaign donations. It has nothing to do with helping the average Joe (or Josephine) and is purely a financial bribe.

Once again it shows just how much these "representatives" think of the people they are supposedly representing that they would succumb to bribery, or even screw the people over to secure their own lifestyles.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yes, the auto industry is next. Just read an article that says Obama promised untold amounts of funding to US auto makers to guarantee loans and help re-tool factories...no wonder he is 'winning' in Michigan!
article (hope that shows properly) It seems like all the politicos use the same playbook...buy votes as necessary to get into office (or pass a bogus bill), then screw those your are representing. Sadly, it seems, there are very few who cannot be bought out and fewer still who have the courage to do anything about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Call a pig a pig.
These are friggin' bribes to buy votes. You and I are going to pay for these bribes as well as the buy out of irresponsible businesses and individuals for the foolish loans they took out.

I have called my Congressman, John McHugh of NY, and stated I am against the Buyout/Bribery Bill. I have also called Pres. Bush and left a message stating my disfavor of this bill and expect his veto.
Have you called today?

By the way I have tried to call Pelosi's number, 202-225-5931, all week and only get a "busy" signal. I have tried to call Barney Frank's number, 202-225-5931, but get a message saying it has been disconnected though it is the number posted at the Senate web site...a bit suspicious and quite odd but not a big surprise from 2 of the most out of touch and arrogant people in our Senate. No wonder they have a rating of 9%.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Congressional Logic: We are looking out for the tax payer, we can't just give you 700 Billion dollars, that's outrageous! Yeah, you're right, let's rewrite this thing, for America!

*days later*

This bill, we present today is for the American people, it includes various earmarks for special interests and includes tax breaks *smiles and quickly says* ...but it's going to cost more than the bill before it *runs*

If this bill passes the House, I will be thoroughly pissed (and I have a feeling they will pass it), I'd rather have the original bill than this. Washington is a disease in the heart of America.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
they even have something in there where we send 4billion to somalia???? why the hell are we sending money overseas when WE need the bailout?????

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Can anybody comment on the above video. Its supposed to be about Rep. Brad Sherman talking about marshall law being implemented if this doesn't pass. I'm at work and can't view youtube. Theres a link to Digg as well.

digg.com...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by b4christ15]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by b4christ15
www.youtube.com...

Can anybody comment on the above video. Its supposed to be about Rep. Brad Sherman talking about marshall law being implemented if this doesn't pass. I'm at work and can't view youtube. Theres a link to Digg as well.

digg.com...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by b4christ15]

The rules of legislators are quite specific. They don't allow bills to be 'fast-tracked' through without sufficient time for the representatives to review the text. EXCEPT if the house speaker announces that the bill will be issued using the provisions established for martial law. Its a legislative exception allowing them to drop..., say... 400+ pages on them and having them vote the next day.

Pelosi did this. "gotta hurry - their political base is losing money!"

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Wonder if thats the same excuse they used to get the Patriot Act passed so swiftly.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yes. Where is the transparency ? Who attached these items to the bill and at what cost ? There is a lot of partisan finger pointing but it seems the pork comes from both sides. The wooden arrows from Oregon's reps is one prime example of reaching across the floor to screw the taxpayer. It seems the middle class will catch the short end again but (I know conservatives hate him) here is an alternative that removes the middle class burden
www.michaelmoore.com...
I'm sure there are problems with it but then again the bill is not perfect either.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join