It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to your Congressmen before its too late.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I urge all of you out there to write to your Representative in office. They stopped the bailout before and they can do it again. I wrote a short letter that you can email to them, just copy and paste. It is crucial for this bailout not to pass.

This is a preface that you can just copy-paste and send to your Representative or senator about the outrage on the bailout deal,

All you have to do is add your name, add who its to, and I would personalize it.

Dear Senator/Congressman/Congresswomen,

I'm sure that you have spent the past weeks worrying over the economic crisis, and concentrating on the financial bailout. Why do you want to pumped billions of dollars into the United States economy.

I am concerned over this decision as you are. Being my Representative in government, I call upon not to vote for this bailout that you are voting upon.

The 'economic bailout' will pump billions, if not trillions of dollars into the United States economy, effectively turning the United States dollar into dust.

Most of the public does not know the secrets into the markets, and has no idea what has already happened. The Federal Reserve has been already shown to be disadvantaged in their ability to help control the markets.

Yes, voting against this 'rescue-plan' may turn the economy sour for a bit, but in the long run, the bailout will not play out.

Ron Paul has a good plan for this, he showed this in his interview with John Roberts,

"You have to liquidate those mistakes. Those mistakes were made due to monetary policy. So you have to allow the market to adjust prices downward. And that's what we're not allowing to do.

If there are too many houses and the prices are too high, the sooner we get the prices down to the market level, as soon as we quit trying to encourage more housing -- this is what we're doing. They're trying to stimulate houses and keep prices high. It's exactly opposite of what we should do.

So, we should get out of the way and not buy up bad debt. There's illiquid assets, but most of those are probably worthless. They're mostly derivatives. And we're sticking those with the taxpayer. So we have to recognize that the liquidation of debt is crucial. And if we did that, we would have tough times, there's no doubt about it, for a year. But if we keep propping a system up that's not viable, we're going to have a problem for decades, just like we did in the Depression. That's what we're on the verge of doing."

---Ron Paul on the bailout

In this youtube link, www.youtube.com..., it is a interview with a senator after a meeting about the economic crisis, he has very good points.

Make this vote not for the Wall Street crooks, but for the American people. By voting against it, it will be a vote for the American people, and win for democracy.

The Wall Street bankers have been gaining too much off of this already, don't add to their profits

I hope that your vote will do the best for the American people.

Sincerely,

This is a NEED TO WIN for the American people if we have a shot at democracy. Shoot this to your representative, and give them a heads up, forward it to all your family and friends,

Hell, why not make a chain email.

This is our last stand, make it count.

Truth_seeker3

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I already finished sending another E-mail to my representatives in an effort that they will listen but they already voted yes on the first time, so that tells with who their loyalties lies, or perhaps has been bought off.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am being told the emails are not as affective as a fax - fax if you can

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

Yes, fax may be more effective since you are really putting it into their hands. Personally, I make a point to visit my senator when she's in town.

This needs to be all together. I am glad that they didn't pass it the first time. By now, they have added a few things to help it pass through the House, but we cannot let that happen!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Apparently, they don't care about your faxes either.

I just heard how lawmakers are insisting we don't know what we are talking about.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Go to this link. It's an easy way to email your state congressmen and tell them how you feel about this bailout bill and that you don't support it. I have done it and i know many that have....I don't know if they even give a rat's ass about what we think anymore, but it only takes a few minutes of your time and it won't hurt to do it.

Tell them NO.

www.votenobailout.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

There is an old southern expression that applies here, and unlike Bush I am not going to fuddle it up:

"If you don't want to listen, maybe you can feel."

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I started a thread this morning "senate to vote on balilout tonight" that included instructions on what we, as a nation, would like to see done. It wasn't my idea, It was Dave Ramsey's
See below:

Years of bad decisions and stupid mistakes have created an economic nightmare in this country, but $700 billion in new debt is not the answer. As a tax-paying American citizen, I will not support any congressperson who votes to implement such a policy. Instead, I submit the following three steps:

Common Sense Plan.

I. INSURANCE

A. Insure the subprime bonds/mortgages with an underlying FHA-type insurance. Government-insured and backed loans would have an instant market all over the world, creating immediate and needed liquidity.

B. In order for a company to accept the government-backed insurance, they must do two things:

1. Rewrite any mortgage that is more than three months delinquent to a 6% fixed-rate mortgage.
a. Roll all back payments with no late fees or legal costs into the balance. This brings homeowners current and allows them a chance to keep their homes.
b. Cancel all prepayment penalties to encourage refinancing or the sale of the property to pay off the bad loan. In the event of foreclosure or short sale, the borrower will not be held liable for any deficit balance. FHA does this now, and that encourages mortgage companies to go the extra mile while
working with the borrower—again limiting foreclosures and ruined lives.

2. Cancel ALL golden parachutes of EXISTING and FUTURE CEOs and executive team members as long as the company holds these government-insured bonds/mortgages. This keeps underperforming executives from being paid when they don’t do their jobs.

C. This backstop will cost less than $50 billion—a small fraction of the current proposal.

II. MARK TO MARKET

A. Remove mark to market accounting rules for two years on only subprime Tier III bonds/mortgages. This keeps companies from being forced to artificially mark down bonds/mortgages below the value of the underlying mortgages and real estate.

B. This move creates patience in the market and has an immediate stabilizing effect on failing and ailing banks—and it costs the taxpayer nothing.

III. CAPITAL GAINS TAX

A. Remove the capital gains tax completely. Investors will flood the real estate and stock market in search of tax-free profits, creating tremendous—and immediate—liquidity in the markets. Again, this costs the taxpayer nothing.

B. This move will be seen as a lightning rod politically because many will say it is helping the rich. The truth is the rich will benefit, but it will be their money that stimulates the economy. This will enable all Americans to have more stable jobs and retirement investments that go up instead of down. This is not a time for envy, and it’s not a time for politics. It’s time for all of us, as Americans, to
stand up, speak out, and fix this mess.

What do you have too lose at this point?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well got letters sent in for my Fiancee and I hope they help but from what I see on the TV I doubt it.

I do want to say way to go Americas for the surprising amount of calls and emails sent in the first time, it's good to see those in the nation finally stand up to corruption

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well, I was really proud of my congressmen for voting against the bill on Monday. And tonight I am completely disgusted with my senators for voting for it. I'll be faxing/calling/emailing my congressmen until they know me by name between now and the vote. I hope they make me proud again. Cuz right now, I could just puke.

new topics

top topics

join