It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subtle Disclosure prep or something else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Evening all,

Just been watching Heroes (which is irrelevant, but there you go) when my other half piped up with something about a consumer survey she had done today. One of the websites she uses had a mini-poll on it - these usually are about consumer issues such as what washing up liquid you use or whether you are looking to change your mobile phone provider - regarding ET contact.

Check out the screen shot

Screen Capture

This baffled her and has baffled me too...

This is one of the last places I'd expect this issue to be brought up.

Is is another part of the disclosure plan?

Is it government sponsored research?

I admit, I don't know what to make of it.

Any contributions or views on this would be appreciated.

Sure is interesting though, ain't it?

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
More than disclosure I have a feeling this has something to do with psychological profiling and human resource management. Just feels like a loaded psychology question.

Not that I don't believe there is a disclosure process. In fact I think that rather than a disclosure there will be an attempt to use aliens as father figures in seeding a new world religion. Which is another loaded psychological process. Heh. But chances are it was something more down to earth imo.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

In terms of what you said about 'father figures' tit's interesting that one of the options was to do with what their intentions were.

I agree that it does seem psychologically loaded, but for life of me, neither myself nor t'other half can work out why on earth this question would appear on a site that deals with consumer based surveys...any suggestions?

Thanks for the input.

Peace,

MGGG

[edit on 1-10-2008 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
How interesting!

This survey is definitely being used to gauge the general population's response on the entire ET issue -- therefore, 'preparation' is quite likely..

(Kinda like the cartoons and anime of today are preparing our children for contact as well. Have you seen any of the new 'toons out lately?)

- Mea

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

Isn't it interesting that the European Organisation for Nuclear Research is admitting that they are experimenting with wormholes? For decades this concept has been officially ridiculed as star trek material but I guess they can't deny forever. Sooner or later the truth catches up!

Good find mate and yes it is rather odd that they would conduct a mini-science poll at a consumer oriented site but stranger things have happened. For example I remember reading about a horde of missing lunar module tapes "mysteriously" showing up in an abandoned McDonalds not too long ago.

It seems some kind of a disclosure could be approaching.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
you'll know disclosure is close when you see ufo-alien trash in the news. it's generally more popular than its been in the past, but nothing out of the ordinary. once the stories start popping up every few days or weeks then you'll know it's about to happen. i have a feeling this wont be for a while though.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And why are the aliens coming from a different universe instead of a different planet, solar system or galaxy? Sounds misleading to me but I guess there is more than one universe. If they can split the atom and manipulate the space-time continuum by changing atomic frequencies then I guess they can access these other dimensions.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea
How interesting!

This survey is definitely being used to gauge the general population's response on the entire ET issue -- therefore, 'preparation' is quite likely..

(Kinda like the cartoons and anime of today are preparing our children for contact as well. Have you seen any of the new 'toons out lately?)

- Mea

Not so fast, ma'dam. While your first supposition states the obvious, so I would likely agree, though for what motives we cannot be sure they would want to gauge this, your second supposition regarding cartoons is completely unfounded. Aliens are commonplace markers in today's pop culture, so this is just as likely (if not more so) an indication of a fad as it is of an ulterior motive.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My guess is the NWO powermonger types need some sort of local phenomena so they can fake authority figures.

I know it sounds far fetched, but these people have been hiding and supressing technology for decades and they have a track history of memetic manipulation on the societal level. Plus it fits with hollywood, as all those scary alien movies will get people into a fear state, to which a benevolent alien type would be the relief. Classic fear based psychological manipulation.

Real aliens would just look down and go "WTF?".

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

Originally posted by Veritas Lux Mea
How interesting!

- Mea

Not so fast, ma'dam. While your first supposition states the obvious, so I would likely agree, though for what motives we cannot be sure they would want to gauge this, your second supposition regarding cartoons is completely unfounded. Aliens are commonplace markers in today's pop culture, so this is just as likely (if not more so) an indication of a fad as it is of an ulterior motive.

You think its just a fad? No way! Your taking a very superficial approach to a "fad" that has been going on for decades, if not centuries. In fact ufo/alien literature used to be more popular THEN then it is now due to all these suppossed "hoaxes", government suppression of all pertaining facts and reluctance of media to report the incidents.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
In fact ufo/alien literature used to be more popular THEN then it is now due to all these suppossed "hoaxes", government suppression of all pertaining facts and reluctance of media to report the incidents.

I disagree. The cliche image of a "grey" wasn't even part of the collective conscious until sometime after Streiber's Communion was published. Now you see it everywhere, from X-Files to video games to movies. Have you ever driven through Roswell? I have. Guess what--the "greys" are part of almost every billboard and hotel sign.

In other words we are suppossed to believe science fiction is only for entairtainment purposes. Much like the micro-chipping of humanity as portrayed in those blockbuster Schwarzenneger movies; i.e total recall.

Versus believing what? This is like stating that we are supposed to believe that romantic comedies are only to humorously portray whimsical romantic situations.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I disagree. The cliche image of a "grey" wasn't even part of the collective conscious until sometime after Streiber's Communion was published. Now you see it everywhere, from X-Files to video games to movies. Have you ever driven through Roswell? I have. Guess what--the "greys" are part of almost every billboard and hotel sign.

So you are saying the typical grey depicted in movies is just some randomly made up character?
What about all the alleged photos and videos collected to date depicting greys, reptilians, ghosts, pleidians...etc?

Right. They must all have been photoshopped according to hollywood specs.
Face it, hollywood knows a thing or two more than us as they seem privey to classified information.

Versus believing what? This is like stating that we are supposed to believe that romantic comedies are only to humorously portray whimsical romantic situations.

Sorry I went off-topic so feel free to ignore my last paragraph. Frankly I don't know if the majority of aliens are "good" or "bad" but I do know hollywood likes to emphasize the dark side more than the good side. Thats a fact!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"The European Organisation for Nuclear Research has been experiementing the conditions which would allow beings from other universes the access to our planet through a hole in the space-time continuum. Would you embrace contacts with aliens?"

Oh cr@p! That's awesome...

I'd not only embrace it-

But, we/they can already do that. Restate, *I believe* we/they can already do that.

The form appears to be asking, "Are you ready? Would that be ok?"

I *guess* I'd reply, Yah of course, if you had a means of restraint-or a back up plan, policing of *issues* such as people getting attacked or aliens getting attacked.

For instance-aliens with a body force field so they don't get stabbed by some nut: as well as MIB restraints in the case situationally they have a lash out response.

But that all sounds so ...nutty.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by HugmyRek]

[edit on 1-10-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So you are saying the typical grey depicted in movies is just some randomly made up character?

No, as I was not addressing whether they really exist, but whether the abundance of the archetype in pop culture can be linked to disclosure, which is what you were addressing. That abundance is not proof of a move to disclose.

Right. They must all have been photoshopped according to hollywood specs.
Face it, hollywood knows a thing or two more than us as they seem privey to classified information.

Many of the same "evidence" you are apparently referencing has been proven as hoaxes. So yes, it makes sense that the hoaxers would align according to popular conceptions of aliens. You're not really proving anything here, which was my point. Once a popular conception of an icon is established, you'll start to see more of it in pop culture.

Face what? You are demonstrating the same enormous leaps to conclusions that so often run wild here, and that I am only too happy to deconstruct and tear down.

Now you need to start providing source material and evidence that Hollywood "knows a thing or two more than the rest of us".

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Chill man!

Go take have a beer and a dohnut, that always calms me down.

You can't deny that the media, would be an excellent scource to put these images into peoples minds.

Imagine never seeing one of these popular Alien 'icons'.

then seeing them for the first time.In real life. [I personally would have stabbed it, then cried my self to sleep in a corner, waiting for them to take me away, actually i would probably still do that
]

It would be highly logical, to put these images, as well as storys of Aliens visiting people, into the mass media as a way of. Familiarisation.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I don't feel the need to prove anything. If I had rock solid evidence(the kind your looking for) and was willing to give it to you I would either be dead or in prison. You may or may not already know this.

My opinion is that hollywood has a certain amount of access to highly classified information. Don't ask me how or where they get the information because I don't know and frankly I don't even care. One way or another they seem to get it. That is what is important.

How can you honestly be an avid ufo/alien buff and quite simply turn a blind eye to all the evidence is more than a bit suspect. Oh well, suit yourself. Your probably one of those people that keeps looking for solid evidence but in the end your perception of reality keeps getting the best of you.

Thanks for the discussion. Good day.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
You can't deny that the media, would be an excellent scource to put these images into peoples minds.

Huh? When did I deny that?

Why can't people actually read what I'm stating in crystal clear language? Is logic really that rare and difficult a thing to practice here?

Sure, the media would be a great disclosure mechanism. Does that mean it IS a disclosure mechanism?

No.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I don't feel the need to prove anything. If I had rock solid evidence(the kind your looking for) and was willing to give it to you I would either be dead or in prison. You may or may not already know this.

Sigh. Cue rote conspiracy theorist response. Yeah yeah, you can't give the evidence to me because you'd be dead, I don't deserve it, you don't feel like it, whatever. The point is, you make claims, you never have evidence. Endlessly, on and on. Ad infinitum. It's ALWAYS the same story.

Here's the part I simply don't understand in debates like this. It starts with claim A. I come in and dispute claim A by asking for evidence.

Now, the believer responds not just by failing to provide me evidence, but by making MORE claims, all of which have no evidence.

So there I go again, pointing out yet more discrepancies in logic, more gaps in reason, more absence of evidence. And again, the response from the believer is to make yet more claims--all of which, yes, lack evidence.

Now here's the kicker: at some point the believer gets what I'm after--evidence he can't provide. So he turns around and fires up one of the standard cop outs that you see above, and furthermore makes ad hominem attacks against me because I've been riding him all along. The supreme irony of it all is, I only rode him because he kept making an ever-growing list of claims! If he'd had simply stuck to claim A and discussed that along logical lines--or admitted that he could not prove his claim, and thus, it was merely an OPINION--the whole thing could have been avoided, and we could have walked out of the bar together as best pals forever.

Regarding your question about how can I turn a blind eye to evidence: guess what, guy......your evidence is anecdotal. Period. That was my whole point all along. I asked you to prove how the abundance of alien imagery in Hollywood proves disclosure. You're jumping from premise to conclusion without any supporting steps in between. It's just that simple. Does the amount of Santa Claus imagery prove that Santa Claus exists? Of course not.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

More interesting, is that The European Organization for Nuclear Research is CERN. They haven't been in the news recently...

delius

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The origins of the "Grey" alien can be traced back over 80 years....

... To Aleister Crowely's Lam - an extra-dimensional entity that he would summon psychically in order to gain knowledge and so forth and so on, etc.... But aren't "Greys" supposedly telepathic? and communicate thus?

Perhaps Mr. Streiber and all those other crazy UFO nuts could actually be recycling Crowely's original idea and even the appearance of the being he would summon.

This is Lam

Look Familiar?
Google: Lam, Cult of Lam, Aleister Crowely Lam

[edit on 2-10-2008 by TruthTellist]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join