It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice Presidential Debate- Palin vs. Biden: The Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I do, as far as I'm concerned what people want out of thier lives and partners is thier buissness and the government has no right to tell you that you cant get married just because your gay.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I support Gay Marriage - everyone to their own.

What happened to "freedom?"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyHarry
quick poll

anybody here on ATS support gay marriage?

our VP candidates dont

I do

But right now, other issues are far more important than that.

link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Considering his experience, I'd say she's holding her own. It would be intimidating to be up against someone with his experience, let alone the fact, that she is a female.

I agree, people are being rather harsh. She was asked and she said yes, as most would. How could most people turn down the chance to be VP and not regret it?

She is under a LOT of pressure. What she is doing is a lot harder than what most of us do on a daily, or weekly basis, or yearly basis.

link   

quick poll

our VP candidates dont

mrwupy supports gay marriage. We straights should not be the only ones made to suffer

[edit on 2-10-2008 by mrwupy]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dances With Angels

quick poll

our VP candidates dont

I do

But right now, other issues are far more important than that.

yes i know there are bigger issues, just havent seen anything same sex threads on here, just wanted to get a quick idea of peoples stand point

link   
I think she's doing just fine.
But I'm not wearing my Obama goggles at the moment.

She has a great "Biden, you're an idiot" smirk.

She's also correct on the probable cause of climate change (cyclical, and possible human contributions) ..IMO

link   

quick poll

our VP candidates dont

Personally I think all the states should do away with "marriage" licenses and only issue "civil union" licenses. If it is a religious institution it should not be "managed" by the State.

B.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
On Iraq. Biden and Obama lead on it. The polls are dropping like a rock with Palin saying we need to kill every American Troop in Iraq forever.

link   

Originally posted by Bleys

quick poll

our VP candidates dont

Personally I think all the states should do away with "marriage" licenses and only issue "civil union" licenses. If it is a religious institution it should not be "managed" by the State.

B.

That or people from the states will just keep coming up here to Canada to get married.

link   
reply to post by DirtyHarry

Oh I know I didn't mean to sound so siff against your poll I was just a little annoyed that they were talking about it rather than the economy and foreign policy.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ha! Biden just smacked her up with the McCain voted against funding troops. What will she do now? Will she ignore it? And Biden is up on that poll.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dances With Angels

hey i understand what you were meaning

its all good buddy boy

i'm not a raving drunk yet

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Biden is doing a great job. He is respectful, he is not in any way attacking her on a personal level, he is truly being a gentleman. Good for him.

link   
palin cant go punch for punch, she can throw a punch, dodge a punch, but then off script, cant do a thing

link   

Originally posted by marker3221
Biden is telling it like it is - "if we dont know the cause - how can we clean it up?"

Bang on the money Joe - slam it back at her!!

Well, except he said climent change was totally man made and this not true. Ten minutes with google and you'll find this out, don't rely on the media look it up for yourself.
Either way Palins answer was a lot closer to the truth. She said climent change was not totally man made, and it is not. We are only a part of the cause if any.

Palin won that point.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Holy crap! Biden can't go any higher he jsut dang near broke the poll! And great answers since McCain said Pakistan should be left alone, said it was a safe haven for Osama since America wouldn't have to go after it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
LOL

NUKE- U- LER

twice.. hmm reminds me of someone

link   
Why cant Iran obtain nuclear weapons? Why is the world so against it? Is it b/c isreal would get annihilated?? Is isreal that important to the US?

link   
My 2¢ on the debate:

First off, look here...the facts are...
This is not a fair debate. Just look at her perfect smile and friendly demeanor, not to mention the cute factor.

Palin is so cute, I just want to take her home with me like I would a cute puppy.

Not counting her looks, she's a much better speaker than Biden. She talks in a slow deep authoritative voice, except when Iffel gives her the time signal, when she speeds up like the old pro Biden.

Regular people don't like fast talkers, it shows that they are trying to pull something over on them.

Biden would be better if he could manage a smile more often, be a little friendlier. One must mimic the others style, especially if the other person is acting so friendly and open.

I wonder who the Democrat style director is because they need to be fired.

Biden also comes across as a know it all at least to me, by saying things like "Look here", and "The facts are".

Check out how Palin when adressing Biden looks right at him and slows her voice down to make her points.

Ok, the critic has spoken...that is all.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join