It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House of Representatives' Web site overwhelmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

House of Representatives' Web site overwhelmed

www.cnn.com

The servers hosting the Web sites of the House of Representatives and its members have been overwhelmed with millions of e-mails in the past few days, forcing administrators to implement the "digital version of a traffic cop" to handle the overload -- for the first time ever.

"This is unprecedented," said Jeff Ventura, communications director for the House's chief administrator.

"We know it's in the millions," he said of the number of e-mails that lawmakers in the House have been receiving. "But we haven't counted yet, because when you're about to get hit by a tidal wave, you don't count the drops of water in the wave."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is amazing! People are stepping up and taking advantage of the system they created to do this. They had no idea that this could be possible!

In the millions! If people cared enough to email their Rep, (such as myself), they can change this country.

If they were able to accomplish this, we might be able to reformat the government!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
*sigh*

This only worked because the election is just a month away. If this vote had been a month after the election, nothing would have been done.*

*see war, Iraq for an example.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The next spin we'll get from the government in response to the public out lash is that the American people don't understand the magnitude of the problem. Bull, I think we do, that's why so many are upset. This is not business as usual.

Now we'll see the next tactic of putting a vote off for a few days (which they already have) and then a few more explaining that they can't come to an agreement. With time, the initial response from the voters to throw the whole mess out will quiet down, people will find other things to do than contact their reps, or figure they already did it once so why bother again, and the PTB will say "see, they (us) really aren't that against it, their emails are way down, they must like this new proposal".

We'll see. Keep pounding them.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Yes! If we at least constantly contact them, it might do something? I know that congressmen and women don't usually read those emails until even up to a month after they received them.

That is why I think everyone should run for a public office, since we all of the responsibility to.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
you are all reading this wrong

how many bets that this 'digital cop' will have diebold-like bugs?

come on man

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlots331
The next spin we'll get from the government in response to the public out lash is that the American people don't understand the magnitude of the problem. Bull, I think we do, that's why so many are upset. This is not business as usual.

There are no statistics provided. Why do you assume the public is against the bailout? Do you have inside information? I think opinion is probably pretty passionate on both sides of the argument.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
There are no statistics provided. Why do you assume the public is against the bailout? Do you have inside information? I think opinion is probably pretty passionate on both sides of the argument.

You sure about that?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wow, you're right. There must be mill...um....thou...um...hund...um scores of protesters in that video.

Why, back when I was a boy we knew how to demonstrate.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If we could only make the system shut down because of thousands of UFO Disclosure related emails, then I would be happy. Unfortunately the UFO community is apathetic and can't seem to agree on anything...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Apathetic, that is a good word to describe just about anything these days.... I presume one of these days I'll participate in a project to overwhelm congressmen and senators office with UFO disclosure, but until then;

I have my best hopes for the American people and that we can use this to our advantage.

new topics

top topics

join