It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Diebold Contractor Blows The Whistle On Election Manipulations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Former Diebold Contractor Blows The Whistle On Election Manipulations

www.velvetrevolution.us

VR has an exclusive interview with former Diebold contractor Chris Hood which talks about many disturbing actions by Diebold during prior elections, including illegal, uncertified and unreported patches, and improper feeding of tabulation results by Diebold Chief Bob Urosevitch. This interview was prepared for a major news program special that was supposed to air two weeks before the 2006 midterm election. At the last moment, however, the special was killed by the corporate media...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
markcrispinmiller.blogspot.com
rawstory.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Evidence of Election Fraud in Iowa and NH?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Thanks to Velvet Revolution, here we have more testimony from a former Diebold contractor Chris Hood, and in it, what he says is shocking. MUST SEE!

VR has been relentless along with blackboxvoting.org, BradBlog and Rawstory in their pursuit of the election wrongdoers.

Recently VR interviewed cyber security expert Stephen Spoonamore in an explosive tell all about flaws in the voting system, and divulges his personal belief that the 2000 and 2004 elections were indeed stolen.

Check out some of VR's work here, for there is a wealth of information contained within:

www.velvetrevolution.us...
www.youtube.com... It's a network, people.
www.youtube.com... Electronic voting machines are a national security threat.
www.youtube.com... The genie is out of the bottleŠ.
www.youtube.com... Fifty ways to steal an election.
www.youtube.com... Mike Connell: Bush IT Guru
www.youtube.com... The Rapp Family: Ohio election cover-up.
www.youtube.com... Evangelicals and voting machines.
www.youtube.com... Paper ballots please.
www.youtube.com... McCain/Palin will win by theft.
www.youtube.com... People should doubt the vote, it's being stolen.

And in a shocking story recently Rawstory reported on a high-level Republican consultant, Michael L. Connell, who has been subpoenaed in a case regarding alleged tampering with the 2004 election.

rawstory.com...

This is another must read that sheds more light on secret White House back channels that high level government officials use to skirt FOIA laws, but also reveals a startling conclusion: that the same secret servers at SmarTech were used to tabulate elections!

However, the alternative media group ePlubibus Media further discovered in November 2006 that election.sos.state.oh.us was hosted on the servers of a company in Chattanooga, TN called SmarTech, which also provided hosting for a long list of Republican Internet domains.

“Since early this decade, top Internet ‘gurus’ in Ohio have been coordinating web services with their GOP counterparts in Chattanooga, wiring up a major hub that in 2004, first served as a conduit for Ohio's live election night results,” researchers at ePluribus Media wrote.

A few months after this revelation, when a scandal erupted surrounding the firing of US Attorneys for reasons of White House policy, other researchers found that the gwb43 domain used by members of the White House staff to evade freedom of information laws by sending emails outside of official White House channels was hosted on those same SmarTech servers.

Given that the Bush White House used SmarTech servers to send and receive email, the use of one of those servers in tabulating Ohio’s election returns has raised eyebrows. Ohio gave Bush the decisive margin in the Electoral College to secure his reelection in 2004.

IT expert Stephen Spoonamore says the SmartTech server could have functioned as a routing point for malicious activity and remains a weakness in electronic voting tabulation.

According to Spoonamore’s Sept. 17 affidavit, the “computer placement, in the middle of the network, is a defined type of attack.” Spoonamore describes this as a “Man in the Middle Attack” or MIM.

“It is a common problem in the banking settlement space,” he writes. “A criminal gang will introduce a computer into the outgoing electronic systems of a major retail mall, or smaller branch office of a bank. They will capture the legitimate transactions and then add fraudulent charges to the system for their benefit.”

“Any time all information is directed to a single computer for consolidation, it is possible, and in fact likely, that single computer will exploit the information for some purpose,” he adds. “In the case of Ohio 2004, the only purpose I can conceive for sending all county vote tabulations to a GOP managed Man-in-the-Middle site in Chattanooga before sending the results onward to the Sec. of State, would be to hack the vote at the MIM.”

All I can say is thank God for these organizations who are exposing the corrupt. Highly recommended reading at all links provided!

www.velvetrevolution.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-9-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
These organizations are a must have in a democracy where the press has been assimilated by corporate fascist elements.

Our older generations are still adhering to their indoctrination that the media is 'our friend' and without efforts like this, they would never experience journalism as it should be, unfettered and unafraid.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Exactly, and good way to put it Max. But man I am serious when I say to all here:

PLEASE go check out the links provided and read up on all this if you want to really know what's going on behind the scenes with the elections. It is a scary picture indeed.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
These allegations need to be investigated thoroughly, and those manipulating our voting system tried and imprisoned.

There is no greater crime against democracy than subverting citizens votes.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And yet the ones who were saying election fraud the last 2 elections were on crack, Interesting how things turn out...

Oh wait, altho there is hard proof, we still are smoking.. For our government wouldn't do something like that......

Meh, whatever.

I failed to add. I added this a while ago, seemed nobody was interested so I will add it here..

Voting Machine Security Issues In ES&S Ivotronic

[edit on 9/30/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Yep, probably just a matter of time until we hear the usual "just shut up, you sour grapers."

New evidence is continually tightening the noose on these bastards, and I can't wait until they are finally brought down. What we need is that judge that said "It's about damn time" to the 4 students who attempted to citizens arrest Karl Rove.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
What? They're hooking voting machines to the INTERNET? What kind of security is that?

Perhaps the Pentagon should coordinate and control all their weapons systems through the Internet, too. Or perhaps the Intelligence Community should just use the Internet, rather than all those expensive custom networks they have.

'Secure enough', eh?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Not to mention a little kid could hack one of these things. Oh noes Windows 2000, so secure!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnection

That's a good reminder that back in 2000, Windows 2000 was prominent- and all the more easy to hack. Although I know for a fact that if prudent, one can lock down a Win2000 machine to pretty good security- DOD level 2 at least, to be specific.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
the amount of dirt on the criminal actions of the cabal whove ruled america for 8 years is quite astonishing,how they are still free men is beyond me.

given the catalogue of crimes theyve commited ,they should be sitting ducks!,but for some reason thier not,why?

90% of the population hear nothing of this sort and unaware of the true nature of thier leaders and thier affiliates.

and those who are in a position to act against them hardly ever do...fear or complicity?,they got thier men of the gray kind in at most levels of power?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson
90% of the population hear nothing of this sort and unaware of the true nature of thier leaders and thier affiliates.

Which is a good reason to flag the crap out of this thread so some people can see it!

This thread will be more time consuming than some, as there is a lot of information in the videos and links to absorb. I haven't gotten to see it all myself yet, but have watched the Spoonamore interview and the Hood interview.

The VR Spoonamore interview was a fantastic insight into issues that are rarely discussed, and particularly the voting machine tabulators. These are the central machines that tabulate the votes as pulled in from the precincts. And according to Spoonamore, a likely and opportune place for hacking to occur.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
awesome compilation TA! S&F for sure!

so how can we get a suit going here? why hasn't anyone gotten together with the culmination of people in the videos and made a case? (just thinking out-loud)

it will be a very bright day for us all if someone would start a proper court procedure to nail this fraudulent election process. (right, like anyone can fight this fight i suppose)

thanks for the information!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

so how can we get a suit going here? why hasn't anyone gotten together with the culmination of people in the videos and made a case? (just thinking out-loud)

it will be a very bright day for us all if someone would start a proper court procedure to nail this fraudulent election process. (right, like anyone can fight this fight i suppose)

thanks for the information!

It was brought to court by the Democrats in Ohio. This is why Diebold was exposed publicly with their admittal a couple months back that votes were indeed dropped due to a logic error. In other words, miraculously, only Democratic votes were dropped (in my humble opinion). Yet the pro-Bush republicans (yes, I was one) still claim that this whole thing about Bush winning fraudulently is the liberal loonies just whining because they lost. I have seen the light and realize that the republican party has stolen the last two elections. Period. They have done with and gotten wealthy off of the bribes from these large corporations whom they treat quite nicely with huge tax incentives and breaks.

What a nice little conspiracy they have going on. All the while they are destroying this nation piece by little piece.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
thanks for the input darious.
will have to keep an eye on what follows with that action.
amazingly gross isn't it?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

Sup zoo! Thanks for flagging, I really do want people to see this. Been eying that story at VR for a while now, finally got around to posting.

Well, that's kinda what this is about. From VR:

www.velvetrevolution.us...

Ohio Lawsuit Proceeds, Stay Lifted, Depositions Ordered, Connell Subpoenaed, Connell Stonewalls

There have been many new twists and turns the past few days in the Ohio federal case to protect the 2008 election by exposing those who have been accused of manipulating past elections. On September 22, the federal court lifted the stay in this case and ordered depositions to begin, starting with Bush IT Expert Michael Connell. (See Order in PDF) A few days later, Connell was subpoenaed and ordered to produce documents. He hired three high powered GOP-connected attorneys and filed a Motion to Quash (See Motion in PDF)and an affidavit stating that his information is confidential. (See Affidavit in PDF) His attorneys have refused to make him available for deposition and have indicated that they will not let him testify unless forced to by the court. Attorney Arnebeck intends to secure a court order to enforce the subpoena.

So Connell is using the Rove playbook of stonewalling to cover-up his possible criminal conduct in election manipulations. Fortunately, the Ohio federal courts will do everything necessary to protect this election so Ohio is not again the laughing stock for running an election suited for the third world. Moreover, there will be others subpoenaed who will talk rather than hide behind lawyers and fallacious assertions of confidentiality. Sorry, Mike, but you can’t hide by asserting that work you did for federal and state governments is confidential. You can’t hide by asserting that you possess trade secrets when you are covering up criminal activity. The time has come for accountability.

Visit link if you wanna see the pdf's.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
You know, when the U.N. or the USA monitors elections in foreign countries to determine whether or not they were "legitimate," they use exit polls. They expect those polls to generally reflect the "official" results.

When the exit polls don't do that, the election is declared to not be valid.

In 2004, the "official" results of the election did not match the exit polls. By our own standards, the very standards by which we judge the elections in other countries, the election was illegitimate.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by ClintK]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
S & F, I have been trying to follow what is going on in Ohio with this suit and appreciate you posting. Let's keep it up, but I don't think Ohio has any chance of being untainterd in November unless they have entirely switched over to paper.

Off topic, I saw a reference in the comments section of the link -- mark miller blog -- to Blackwater troops being stationed in every state except CA as of today. Whaaaa?!! I googled and came up empty, if anyone knows what this is referencing can you please U2U me?

Cheers!
TWISI

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well... I have thought and thought about the voting machines, and I think it should be MANDATORY that the code be transparent on everything dealing with voting on machines... From the machines themselves to the compiling hardware, all software should be viewable.

Frankly, if the code is transparent, I can't imagine how it would be all that difficult to program a machine to accurately, consistently and reliably count votes.

Though I am not a programmer (by virtue of forgetting syntax - should that have a quote? Or a parenthesis?), I have struggled through building a number of programs, and the logic entailed in counting votes is pretty simple. Offer choices, input choice, place counter in correct location, next.

So... What is the issue having transparent code??? The companies try to suggest that the work involved gives them some kind of rights to the software. (Sure, if you're trying to rig the software to perform correctly during tests, but give the wanted answer on election day...THEN there might be a bit of work involved.)

I say to them, if you want all that revenue building and supplying the machines, you'll just have to live with giving us the code.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Excellent Thread TrueAmerican. Just like ThichHeaded's thread, mine didnt get much play either. But ill post it here in hopes others will read all they can on voting machines and the evil that runs them.

Inform yourself people!!!

Foxes Guarding the Henhouse

Velvet Revolution
BlackboxVoting

and all the others that are attempting to get ALL the truth out deserve all the Headlines they can get!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join