It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Media NLP Danger! READ!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Outstanding post *

"The media only reports to the public what the powers that be allow us to hear and wants us to hear"

The real picture is almost always far from the truth.

Great post!

Star and flag!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
fi you dont know what NLP is, check out DERREN BROWN on youtube.

He has a really good TV show where he uses NLP on people to make them do things... It all seems like magic, but he says that its not magic.. its just mind tricks

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Lets give it a try. For the next 90 days, nobody watch the news oranything MMM. I am in.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Wouldn't any semblence of intelligence defeat such attempts? I'm baffled. I've only mildly read into stuff like this, but any thinking person with a brain should be able to come up with their own opinion. Heck, just listening to talk radio, and seeing comments in reponse to many of these articles, proves that people have their own minds, and usually in the U.S., they are not afraid to speak them. Loudly... and at great length.

I suppose newspapers and newscasts may have an agenda, or know who they support, but no paper or newscast can force you to think a certain way. I typically turn off talk radio shows off in disgust, when it results in personal attacks on political players on either side of the fence. I either agree or disagree with what I hear or read, it does not change my mind.

In fact, and I've wanted to do a study of this for some time now, imo, the more someone refutes a belief you have, the harsher that person rejects it. Just read this board to see how adamantly people will defend their beliefs. If you speak out against them, it builds their wall higher, and they go to great lengths to prove why you are wrong. And not just this board, but across the country (and world), people support their beliefs, people do not like to be wrong.

So while this I suppose could be happening, what point would it have? Except to perhaps inflame someone against that belief even more strongly than before that article.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Does anyone have a good list of non msm outlets that we can get real daily world news?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

WE ARE NOW AT WAR people, arm your minds and arm yourselves and prepare for ANYTHING. Do not let them use their techniques on you and never ever ever listen to their articles when they "PREMATURELY" report on something as they are now doing more and more TO BRAINWASH YOU and program you using tried and true neural linguistic programming techniques.

NLP is Mind Control.

Once you master it, you can achieve anything.

[align=center]
[/align]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
starred and flagged...this isn't the first post on here about NLP... there was a decent thread about a month or two ago that was circulating a video that was titled "understanding the media" it was a 3 part (30 ish min) video all about looking for the subtle clues of NLP. it is available on YT just search the name in quotes, not going to post it here cuz it was on a thread already and don't have time to look for it to link to that thread...

"free your mind, and the rest will follow"

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivek Serca
Does anyone have a good list of non msm outlets that we can get real daily world news?

My question for you: If you don't trust the MSM outlets, and you had a list of non MSM outlets, would you trust what they had to say? Think about it for a moment - where do the non-MSM outlets get their news?

[edit on 30-9-2008 by sos37]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Really good post, star and flagged!

The scary thing is, this has been going on for years and most people are so clueless and not educated enough to realize this, it is probably hard for them to break free from this NLP Pattern. We should start a thread and put in pieces of 'info' from the media, that are blatantly, propaganda, and NLP phrases etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I amazed at how popular this thread has gotten. Someone posts unfounded theories and wild accusations against the entities that everyone loves to hate around here, the media and the government, and people fall all over themselves jumping on the bandwagon agreeing with them.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no love for the liberal media, but I favor facts over sensationalism. Post a link to some reputable evidence that any of what the OP says is true and I'll jump on the bandwagon, too. Otherwise, it's like almost everyone in this thread has taken leave of their senses and abandoned rational thought. Hmm. I don't get it.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
I amazed at how popular this thread has gotten. Someone posts unfounded theories and wild accusations against the entities that everyone loves to hate around here, the media and the government, and people fall all over themselves jumping on the bandwagon agreeing with them.

Sounds like we have a disinfo agent here. I clearly pasted a PICTURE on page 2 demonstrating exactly what is going on, it was the front page of yahoo news that is clearly brainwashing and programming people to support the new coming 2nd bailout attempt.
Where is the guy that harangued about how the sweet and innocent media is just reporting what congressman/government officials are telling them?
Sorry you're wrong. The media is obviously no longer even a journalistic entity.
The media no longer works in JOURNALISM, the media is now a giant op-ed that deals with their own OPINIONS. The media is supposed to be unbiased, impartial, and strictly reporting the news but with the dawn of the hyper capitalist age when the largest media conglomerates and corporations saw how much money they were able to make and they consolidated their power under the auspices of the likes of Murdoch and such, they now operate solely as a business model first and as a journalistic endeavour SECOND.
The media is now not only writing blatant OPINIONS on issues in the hopes of swaying votes/opinions of us citizens but they are using any possible technique they can muster to control our minds and control the flow of information we receive.

The biggest examples are the absurd recent censorships to homeland crises that the media has propagated. The Ike damage in Galveston and the UNPRECEDENTED south east gas shortage that has literally crippled for weeks gigantic metropolitan areas like Atlanta. Not to mention the damage and power outages in the mideast states from Ike. Yet you'd think everything was peachy and fine because the major news outlets continue to report on the "sedation of the masses", who won sunday's NFL game and what Paris Hilton wore last night.
Just like in the roman times, you appease the masses and you can get away with any unholy acts you desire.

Just remember, I see almost everyone here talking about what appears to be television media and their blatant use of NLP techniques such as the video you guys mentioned featuring Hannity using all sorts of hand gestures and verbal cues, however remember that this thread was initially started specifically to point out the new wave of mass NLP occurring on INTERNET based media.

I'm just warning everyone because it's easy to let your guard down. When the average joe like us guys here thinks of NLP we imagine this pompous condescending idiot like Hannity or whomever from the television doing his magician's act, and we think that reading headlines on yahoo.com, cnn.com, foxnews.com, msnbc.com, etc, is safe. Yet therein lies a huge part of the danger, it's these WEBSITES that are lately using more and more programming such as reporting news early in order to make you think that something has already happened that really didn't.

Don't listen to the detractors here who are trying to down play the absolute ferocious war being waged upon your minds. They are either disinfo agents or are in stark denial/delusion. They will be the first to fall to hysteria when the SHTF and they will be the first victims as they are living in a deluded fantasy. If a new age of freedom dawns that breaks us from the shackles these evil megacorporations have enslaved our minds with, then these apathetic delusionists will be the first to lose their damn minds or be victims of the final death throes of the sinister forces that right now seem to be mustering their most fierce defense of the growing populist rebellion.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by rufusdrak]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

huh "sigh"

let me re phrase it.

Does anyone have a good list of News sources on the net, outside of the main sources we get our news. i.e (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX) I would love to see a news source that tends to tote the line of the msm.

I have a few sources but I would like to see what others use to get their news. Sorry for the confusion.
I would love a news source with alternative conclusions or maybe could tell "shhh" I say this quietly "the truth!"
I would love to see what others on this forum are using for news sources.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nivek Serca
reply to post by sos37

huh "sigh"

let me re phrase it.

Does anyone have a good list of News sources on the net, outside of the main sources we get our news. i.e (ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX) I would love to see a news source that tends to tote the line of the msm.

I have a few sources but I would like to see what others use to get their news. Sorry for the confusion.
I would love a news source with alternative conclusions or maybe could tell "shhh" I say this quietly "the truth!"
I would love to see what others on this forum are using for news sources.

It's very difficult now to get news. Remember that with every major advancement there come great setbacks. So for example while the internet age has seen the vast spread of viability of alternative news sources it has also consequently seen the rise of many 'extreme' and alarmist or outright fraudulent sources that take advantage of the new impressionability and distrust that people now harbor for mainstream news.
An example of what I mean are sites and people like the infamous "Sorcha Faal", who take advantage of people's growing disgust with mainstream news so instead they temper the egregious programming of mainstream news with a brand of their own completely biased fantastical news from the 'other' end of the spectrum.
So to take one scenario and make an example of it, you can say:
1. A disaster occurs. Galveston is devastated and left in ruins beyond anyone's imaginings, the consequences of which has spread to the south east.
Let's just pretend this is the TRUTH of a given situation that occurred.
Mainstream news might completely ignore and censor this or simply report
2. Galveston residents come home to rebuild damage.
And downplay the complete devastation.
Then the other far extremist ALTERNATIVE source like Sorcha Faal might report equally as biased and absurd
3. FEMA death camps are being built around Galveston to surround any residents who are returning and may spread word of the devastation to the outside.

So it's hard to get FACTS anymore considering how extreme each side is trying to program you with.
Personally I have been an avid reader of rense.com which is where I get 90% of my alternative news and it's from there that I actually discovered this great site. However, I know rense.com has many detractors even in our OWN minority conspiracy/alternative community because one can argue even rense.com propagates a clear agenda in favor of many things. It just so happens that for me personally I like those things and agree with them so I continue to patronize rense.com for their news.

But if you want ABSOLUTE clear cut FACTS with ZERO filler, zero bias zero opinion thrown in? Sorry in this day and age there's only ONE WAY you will EVER get that and that's by going out to the field yourself, and even then you'll probably be barred and censored from reporting on it by whichever alphabet megapower agency happens to be controlling the situation at the time.

Your best bet is to study a wide array of sources and compare and contrast notes but most importantly what I urge is for everyone here to 'DIVERSIFY his news portfolio' by including at least ONE OR TWO FOREIGN NEWS OUTLETS.
Pravda.ru is not highly recommended because there is much propaganda BUT at least you will get SOME anti-west reporting to temper and counter the absurd fanatical pro west circuits.
Better would be russiatoday.com that reports often on world events and there are probably many more others here hopefully can give as suggestions. But most any WESTERN NEWS is suspect and I would read carefully being aware of which agenda they're trying to program me with.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

OK point taken,where do you get your info,who do you belive is a good sources of information?Anyone that is so quick to put the OP and anyone who agrees with him down should have an alternative to the MSM,or do you belive the MSM?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
flagged and starred.

i agree, it i almost surreal the way the mainstream media has been acting during this whole election, there has always been obvious bias before, but these days its as if the gloves are completely off, as if they dont care who notices!

its absolutely flagrant, and they can be, because who will do anything about it?

who will challenge them? and if someone does, who will report the challenge?

george orwell had no idea... his prescience was the mere tip of the iceberg...

remember, kids: it's not fascism when they do it (right?)

thank god for the blogosphere, which is where more people get their news everyday, and less from the MSM...

looks like we have to report the news ourselves, if its to be done correctly.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
WOW, talk about a little bit late.. I was talking about this years ago....

NLP started in the early to mid 1970's when Richard Bandler co-founded NLP along with John Grinder @ the University of California, Santa Cruz.

Richard wrote his thesis 'The Structure of Magic' which went over what successful therapists/hypnotherapists did in a clinical setting.

Modeling of Fritz Perls (Gestalt therapy), Virginia Satir (family therapist, social worker), and Milton H. Erickson (clinical hypnotherapist)

Meta model is a model of asking questions to gain specificity, a way of gaining understanding the way people create their experiences subjectively.

Milton model is a model of generalizing and being artfully vague

Representational Systems and Eye Accessing Cues now this is where Richard Bandler noticed something no one else in therapy did, when you asked people certain questions their eyes moved in certain quadrants, up and to the left, or up and to the right, etc..

Submodalities are the fine distinctions you make in your representational systems, if an image is close or far, off to the left or right, in 3D or 2D in color or black and white.. etc.. which direction a voice comes or goes.

That's a bit of information to go off of...

Now keeping in mind that this is/was supposed to be used to HELP people make POSITIVE changes in their life (and it has been).. although it is always possible to use a hammer to smash someones brains in as opposed to making someone a well structured house.

If you people are at all interested in learning and dismissing the negative fear mongering going on, maybe you could gain understanding about yourself by gaining an understanding of NLP and it's various off-shoots.

It is common experience for many people when they are introduced
to NLp™ and first begin to learn the technology to be cautious
and concerned with the possible uses and misuses.
As a protection for you and for those around you, the Society of
NLpTM now requires participants to sign a licensing agreement
which guarantees that those certified in this technology will use it
with the highest integrity. It is also a way to ensure that all the trainings
you attend are of the highest quality and that your trainers are
updated and current with the constant evolution of the field of
Neuro-Linguistic Programming™ and Design Human EngineeringTM,
etc.
For a list of recommendations, go to:
www.NLPInstitutes.com....
www.NLPTrainers.com...
www.NLPLinks.com....
The Society ofNLP
NLpTM Seminars Group International, PO Box 424,
Hopatcong, NJ 07843, USA
Tel: +1 (973) 7703600

Here's a list of books to read and DVDs to watch, and people to research.

Books
Bandler, Richard & Owen Fitzpatrick, Conversations "Freedom is Everything
and Love is all the Rest" (Mysterious Publishing, 2005).
Bandler, Richard &John Grinder, The Structure of Magic Volume 1 (Meta
Publications, 1975).
Bandler, Richard &John Grinder, The Structure of Magic Volume 2 (Meta
Publications, 1975).
Bandler, Richard & John Grinder, Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of
Milton H Erickson Volume 1 (Meta Publications, 1975).
Bandler, Richard, Judith Delozier & John Grinder, Patterns of the Hypnotic
Techniques of Milton H Erickson Volume 2 (Meta Publications,
1977).
Bandler, Richard & John Grinder, Trance-Jormations (Real People Press,
1980).
Bandler, Richard & John Grinder, Frogs Into Princes (Real People Press,
1979).
Bandler, Richard &John La Valle, Persuasion Engineering (Meta Publications,
1996).
Bandler, Richard & Will McDonald, An Insider's Guide to Submodalities
(Meta Publications, 1989).
Bandler, Richard, Magic in Action (Meta Publications, 1985).
Bandler, Richard, The Adventures of Anybody (Meta Publications, 1993).
Bandler, Richard, Time for a Change (Meta Publications, 1993).
Bandler, Richard, Using Your Brain for a Change (Real People Press, 1985).
McKenna, Paul, Change your Lift in Seven Days (Bantam, 2005).
Wilson, Robert Anton, Prometheus Rising (New Falcon Press, 1983).
Wilson, Robert Anton, Quantum Psychology (New Falcon Press, 1990).
DVD and CD Products

Bandler, Richard, Persuasion Engineering (DVD).
Bandler, Richard, The Art and Science oJNested Loops (DVD).
Bandler, Richard, DHE 2000 (CD).
Bandler, Richard, Personal Enhancement Series (CD).
LaValle, John, NLP Practitioner Set (CD).
These and many more DVDs and CDs are both hypnotic and from seminars
Richard does.

Gregory Bateson
Robert Anton Wilson
Virginia Satir
Richard Bandler
Robert Dilts
John Grinder
Steve and Connie-Rae Andreas
Tad James
Chris Howard
Kenrick Cleveland
Paul McKenna

there are so many people and places to research this information, the fear mongering isn't necessary unless you plan on explaining things more accurately; there is a problem and the problem is a lack of information regarding NLP.

This thread, until now, hasn't contained a single shred of common sense.

These techniques have existed for centuries, if not forever, especially considering it's all observations about how humans do things already.
Richard Bandler (when he began his work) asked therapists what the biggest problem they had was, and they said it was Phobias.. so he decided to go and find people who ALREADY had gotten rid of their phobia, unlike therapists who went and found people that still had phobias.. and Bandler asked these people how they finally got over their phobia, he used NLP to find the subjective similarities and then he taught it to other people who still had phobias and low and behold it "cured" them of their phobia.... (through education) on how the human body already works.
In much the same way, it has been applied to other problems in therapy, sales, politics and all other human interactions and interests.

It is VERY powerful stuff, but it is not powerfully evil stuff, it is vital education that everyone should have, the problem comes when those who aren't educated don't want to be.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by feydrautha
flagged and starred.

i agree, it i almost surreal the way the mainstream media has been acting during this whole election, there has always been obvious bias before, but these days its as if the gloves are completely off, as if they dont care who notices!

its absolutely flagrant, and they can be, because who will do anything about it?

who will challenge them? and if someone does, who will report the challenge?

george orwell had no idea... his prescience was the mere tip of the iceberg...

remember, kids: it's not fascism when they do it (right?)

thank god for the blogosphere, which is where more people get their news everyday, and less from the MSM...

looks like we have to report the news ourselves, if its to be done correctly.

I got a chuckle out of your use of the word "prescience", I LEARNED that word from its descriptions of Muad'dib ;-)
In fact Frank Herbert fits nicely here as he was a journalist and came up with the idea initially when he was working a journalistic job studying sand dunes in the south western u.s. I believe. And then he used his own journalistic 'prescience' to predict many years into the future what is going on right now. The entire war for melange with the fremen controlling the most important resource in the universe, assailed by the giant 'houses', i.e. corporate empires, dramatizes what is happening in the middle east, with the fremen being the iraqi resurgents, the spice ofcourse is the OIL without which our giant empires cannot function. In fact, what is the most important property of the spice? It allows interstellar travel without which the empires would collapse due to lack of trade and resources. And what is the most significant property of oil, it allows OUR resources to travel, providing trade, commerce, and the mechanism of capitalism. The guy was a genius..if anyone is interested in reading out the global events of the modern day played out in all their political intrigue on a galactic scale, please read the genius space opera known as Dune.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

So please explain to me why exactly this thread has 'zero common sense' just because we didn't cite as many sources as names of founders of modern NLP theory?
The problem is sources don't matter because NLP isn't some sort of 'technique' that was invented by modern man, it is an INHERENT part of social beings, social structures. It is a fundamental and intrinsic quality that allows us to basically project our persuasion and understanding onto others and has existed since the dawn of mankind, so citing a few guys who wrote about it 20 years ago hardly gives you 'common sense' over us.
And don't erroneously assume many of us don't know about the names you cite, I for one have read much on Milton Erickson and know that he is a pioneer of shock induction and 'pattern interrupt' techniques of hypnosis and hypnotherapy. I don't doubt some of the fast talking pundits too are attempting to utilize pattern interrupts and the infamous confusion technique to program us via 'transderivational searches' which is really what shock induction is all about. In fact it has already been commented many times on other threads here how the modern television and especially media is using fast paced series of images to lull people into a state of hypnosis, look up transderivational searches and you will see that is an age old hypnotic technique that has already been tried and true tested to success.
The modern MSM is using everything from nlp, transderivational search incited suggestion and many other hypnotic and programming techniques to program the living hell out of your brain to do as they say and believe what they want you to believe.
I don't see how giving an innocent WARNING to the common man about all this entails having 'zero common sense'. I suppose by your logic I should have opened up a book club on NLP, because that is a far more conducive way to educating the LAYMAN about techniques that often include highly specialized language and concepts, right?
Like I said folks, don't pay attention to the detractors they're just disinfo agents. We have no room to maneuver here this is a war for your minds and your hearts, there is no leeway and no quarter of mind will be given to such people when the lives of our us and our families are literally at stake.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
You know, It's positive in the sense to alert people to their being manipulated by various forms of mind control.

However, I find it slightly hypocritical to say how bad it is for the media to use such techniques, then proceed to use those same techniques yourself.

This makes you no better than the media corporations you dislike so much.

I totally agree. Am I the only one that found this post to be of little to no substance? You hit lots of great keywords - illuminati,zionist, corporate, NLP, etc. however you never really made a point.

The media tells lies. Not such a huge revelation. People who spend their time trying to communicate, use communication techniques outlined in NLP. Again, not a revelation. NLP is a collection of tools, not the source of creation of tools.

I am 100% for paying attention to words used, and manipulation, but I'm also disgusted to see all of the applause and star/flagging going on in this thread. Surrounded by ignorance it seems.

Again, am I the only one that failed to see any substance to this post?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This is such a crock of crap.

Like I said, I work in the business, I know what happens, and this doesn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join