It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Impact In 2036?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Back in 2005, former NASA and Apollo astronaut, Russell Schweikart, urged the United States Congress to consider planning for the possibility of a hurdling piece of space mass - an asteroid, most likely - impacting with the Earth. Unfortunately, there was a reason for his request.

www.secretsofsurvival.com...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by asala]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
too much to read fro something so far away man, i wouldnt sweat it.....sorry

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I read that the World is going to end way before that, and I have a very credible source for this information..

It was written in very bold letters, on a Men's room stall at the local bus station..

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
They've ruled out the 2029 impact and pretty much the 2036 one but they might want to verify the 2036 one to see what impact the 2029 approach will have on Apophis' 2036 return. If it hit it would be a calamity for some region of the world and no doubt would affect our lives somewhat but I don't think we are talking extinction level event. I think the track takes it from mid Russia eastward in a diagonal track down towards the Pacific before it reaches South America. If' I could remember my mathematics I could tell you how they can figure that out.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
its still pretty trippy thinking about this stuff man, so meny threats against the earth for ex.... 2012,the lhc, and now this astroid thing wtf

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ravinsomniac
I read that the World is going to end way before that, and I have a very credible source for this information..

It was written in very bold letters, on a Men's room stall at the local bus station..

Thats hilarious!!!!

But this isnt one of those long shot theories from people who claim they are prophets. This risk is ver real, and most the predictions are done by computers which calculate the potential of a large meteor, impacting the Earth.

Its in the sceince forum after all

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

I read the paper by the astonomer who plotted its possible track if it makes the 2029 magic window.

It will likely impact in an area from several hundred miles off the coast os souther cal across central america to the carib/mid atlantic.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it was forming
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls"

-Paul Simon

But I'm not scared.

[edit on 9/17/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What a coincidence, I was just talking about this with a relative yesterday. I haven't read any more on it and apparently they've got a little more than what I seen a couple years ago, which was one of those programs that you can see the paths of asteroids and what-not, and move the dates. I noticed in 2036, that one came closer to earth than any others, the distance, which was in AU's in the program, was very very close (relatively speaking). Should be interesting.

new topics

top topics

join