It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroic volunteers destroy toads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Evil invasive unsuitable cane toads threaten to menace western Australia...
A thin anti-amphibian line mobilizes to protect native fauna...

[www.smh.com.au...]

[www.stopthetoad.org.au...]

There is no truth to the vicious rumor that cane toads have been assisted in their spread by the actions of subversive wallabies who carry them within their pouches...

I wonder if cane toads are tasty when fried, or if their skins can be used to make handbags and wallets...(BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY!!! KA-CHING!!)

(mod edit- all capped title)

[edit on 29-9-2008 by asala]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

oh, man, I screwed up the link, here it is :

[www.smh.com.au...]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

twice? let me try once more then give it up:

[www.smh.com.au...]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I would lick them,(well not really) I think that they are the Phsycoactive toads.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
I would lick them,(well not really) I think that they are the Phsycoactive toads.

That would be highly not recommended, although a close relative of the lickable variety, they are not the same, unless you want to get very ill

Back on topic, it was a monumental balls up introducing them to Oz and they will cause untold damage to our native species, already have, but nature has the ability to even things out over time.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

They also contain some of the psycoactive drug, but they are not the excact species, in popular culture.

It is possible to agitate the toad to secrete, a serum that, makes itself taste like fecies. Wich is then dried and smoked, without the poisen, being ingested.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Heres a link to exactly what they are and where they are native too.

www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov...

They have raised holy hell in the south US and are spreading fast. They have no known enemy other than man. Wonder when PETA will jump on the "Save The Cane toad' propaganda wagon??
Zindo

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

They will create a virus, like with the Bunny's

www.blackwellpublishing.com...

[edit on 29-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't think parasites would work. The toxin thats prevelent in their bodies would desolve them before they could burrow and do damage. A virus might work but it would take years to develope and by then they will have overun the place!

Zindo

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Poor bunny, really its a pity they are here to stay, untill some bright spark comes up with a disease to kill them off and probably most other amphibians in the process.

And while its true they do contain some bufotenin the Bufo Marinus does not contain the magical 5-meo-dmt so really there is little point. Do not use these toads for that.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The Bufo alvarius toad is the one thats has the magical 5-meo-dmt. Thats the toad thats prevelent in the US south. Mostly Sonoran Desert, Colorado River area! The Bufo Marinus is in Florida and a bit west towards Alabama, Arkansas!

Zindo

top topics

join