It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone talking about this Robert Clarke freak?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Anyone talking about his close ties to the Kerry campaign and the timing of his book?

Or this:

Richard Clarke, the former counterterrorism official promoting a book critical of the Bush administration, insists Saddam Hussein had no connection to al-Qaida, but in 1999 he defended President Clinton's attack on a Sudanese pharmaceutical plant by revealing the U.S. was "sure" it manufactured chemical warfare materials produced by Iraqi experts in cooperation with Osama bin Laden.

However, Sunday night in an interview with Lesley Stahl on "60 Minutes," Clarke denied Saddam had any connection to al-Qaida.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Grasping at straws to defend the corrupt Bush administration are we?...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That was an intellectual rebuttal if I've ever seen one.

Why don't you, instead, dispute the facts or offer up an alternative explaination.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why must you always defend this failed administration? How many times do you have to be lied to? How many times does this man have to make you look like a fool? WHo knows for you? But, just as Bush said:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time -- Mr. Bush quipped at a Washington dinner -- "and those are the ones you want to concentrate on."

216.239.51.104...:K5UCwN5_GgcJ:www.commondreams.org/views01/0522-03.htm+You+can+fool+some+of+the+people+and+Bush&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
216.239.51.104...:K5UCwN5_GgcJ:www.commondreams.org/views01/0522-03.htm+You+can+fool+some+of+the+people+and+Bush&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Wow, that's a great article. I was once in favor of arctic drilling, but the insight this article provides, especially to an economist like myself really opened my eyes. I was sitting there thinking, "now why didnt I think of this?"

Great find Colonel. Im'a bookmark the site.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well it is hard to know what the truth is when you read a little bit about Clarke. It sure looks like a hatchet job on Bush coming from a guy who got passed over for promotion. Who also seems to be pretty partisan. What the guy said is public record. He is quoted in a lot of ways saying some stuff that makes him look like an moron. You would think if all this stuff Clarke says is true Powell would say something. Most people believe he is pretty honest and a straight shooter. Lets also remember that much of these things that happen in the white house are taped and recorded. If all of what he says is true it will come out. Will you anti Bush bashers repent if Clarke is full of it? Probably not. We all want the truth, but in a free society we can speak out and say whatever crap people want to hear, especially if we want them to buy our book...

V

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Why would this Clarke person be of any consequence to anyone? Besides another nail in this administration's coffin which is way overdue to be buried.

Bush has already been proven a liar multiple times. Him and his entire administration. Yet you continue to mindlessly support them. Rather pathetic...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What suprises me about this administration is not the fact that its corruption they are all pretty much corrupt.

Its the fact that they dont seem to care who knows it.

You got to admit that few groups in history have been as openly corrupt.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Very true, Amuk. But what the hell is the deal with this administration's mindless and blind supporters? Don't these people do something else than watch Fox News all day?

It's just so obvious and blatant yet people still support them. They don't even know why and they sure as hell can't think of anything good this administration has done...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Didn't they same the same crap about Paul O'Neil and his book? Right up until he showed them the government documents. Then, they tried to get him for revealing "secret information" on 60 Minutes, even tho we won't talk about CIA operative Valerie Palme. These clowns never stop.

Why support them. All they do is LIE.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Very true, Amuk. But what the hell is the deal with this administration's mindless and blind supporters? Don't these people do something else than watch Fox News all day?

It's just so obvious and blatant yet people still support them. They don't even know why and they sure as hell can't think of anything good this administration has done...

I agree its kinda like the pod people in "the body snachers"

Its scary in a way, not calling them Nazis but they kinda of remind me of the mindless followers of hitler you know totally blocking out any Thought that does not follow the party line.

Now yall can attack me.

Just remember I feel the same toward the Dems.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
What did O'neil show that was so damning. Like to see it if you have an URL.

Politicians lying? WOW who'da thunk it.

V

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
What did O'neil show that was so damning. Like to see it if you have an URL.

Politicians lying? WOW who'da thunk it.

V

I don't have a url because I read his BOOK and saw his 60 Minutes interview. But, what was damning is that:

1) Bush admitted the tax cuts were for the rich.
2) The administration planned to attack Iraq on the first day of office---so everything he told us was a lie.
3) Bush is an idiot controlled by Rove, Cheney, and Rumsfeld.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
a guy who got passed over for promotion. Who also seems to be pretty partisan.

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

I don't have a url because I read his BOOK and saw his 60 Minutes interview.

The book that CBS higly spoke about and advertised? Notice they didn't mention how their parent company owns the book?

Also, "The Price of Loyalty" by Paul O'Neill was financed, produced and released [and rolled-out at CBSNEWS] by VIACOM's SIMON & SCHUSTER.

Coming in future weeks, best-selling author Bob Woodward is set to release his PLAN OF ATTACK, a fresh look at the Bush White House.

Will the Woodward VIACOMSIMON&SCHUSTER product debut on: VIACOMSIMON&SCHUSTERCBS's 60 MINUTES as well?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ok, everyone else is lying but Bush. Even tho the world considers him a first class liar on everything, they are being deceived because these books are put out by Viacom, Simon&Schuster, and whoever.

You belong in a cult cause you act like you're in one.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This guy has been out of the White House for HOW LONG? And he's just now bringing this information to the table? Despite his Kerry campaign ties? And despite this:

"WASHINGTON - The White House, seeking to cool criticism from a former top anti-terror adviser, said Tuesday that Richard Clarke's resignation letter praised President Bush's "courage, determination, calm and leadership" on Sept. 11, 2001."

Link

Just keep ignoring the facts, Colonel.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If all these people who continue to believ Bush's lies would wake up and see that everytime that anyone says anything negative about Bush then the Bush administration uses the same tactic over and over, Well they were angry because they did not get promoted and thats why they said that, he was fired from his job so thats why he said that. So everyone is lying on poor President Bush, why?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
IF there was any shred of evidence to support the fact that the president has lied...then the democrats would have already have got a special commission and he'd have been impeached....why has this not happened?
because there is NO legal basis to say the president HAS LIED. Saying that the war was unjust because we didnt find any wmd is a farce and after the fact assesment. Because the bush administration took actions on the intelligence at the time (which indicated to the entire UN that iraq had some kinds of wmd programs) and no wmd's were found does not mean the war is unjustified...it means intelligence agencies around the world didnt really know what was/was not going on there, and that the UN agreed that there was a problem in iraq, just not in the method/timing to deal with it. IF THERE WAS ANY LEGAL SHRED OF EVIDENCE BUSH LIED OR VIOLATED THE LAW....WHY HASNT THE OTHER PARTY STRUNG BUSH UP YET?
the reason is, they cant..theyre just as up to their necks in it as he is. THERE IS NO ACTIONABLE LIE ANYWHERE IVE SEEN SO FAR...NOT THAT IM VOTING BUSH, JUST DONT SEE THE FACTS ON THE "LIES" THING....SEEMS LIKE BOTH SIDES HAVE DELUSIONAL BLINDERS OF "BELIEVE WHAT WE NEED TO....

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

IF there was any shred of evidence to support the fact that the president has lied...then the democrats would have already have got a special commission and he'd have been impeached....why has this not happened?

Nice to see there are a few people with brains on this thread

"WASHINGTON - The White House, seeking to cool criticism from a former top anti-terror adviser, said Tuesday that Richard Clarke's resignation letter praised President Bush's "courage, determination, calm and leadership" on Sept. 11, 2001."

hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, everyone else is lying but Bush. Even tho the world considers him a first class liar on everything

The world????????????? You mean countries like Germany and France? The ones that condemmed the US invasion of Iraq? The same countries that had hundred million dollar trade agreements with Saddam at stake? But wait - they would give up millions of dollars if it was the right thing to do.......Gimme a break

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join