It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homicidal bible quotes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by karl 12

I don't see it out of the question that an Almighty God wouldn't command His followers to destroy those people who rejected His instructions.

Well,thats just great-a homicidal nutjob of a god and the wholesale mass murder of anyone who doesn't mindlessly and unquestioningly acquiesse to the cult logic of the abrahamic texts.
What a joke.

No, that is called "justice". What would you call a judge today that arbitrarily decided who he would spare from the death penalty for crimes these people committed contrary to the law of the land?

You'd scream that that judge was corrupt.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

reply to post by karl 12

I don't see it out of the question that an Almighty God wouldn't command His followers to destroy those people who rejected His instructions.

If god wants people dead, can't 'he' just kill them 'himself'? Leaving the dirty work to men, who will be judged, sounds more like the values held by the 'enemy'.

Ancient Hebrew culture had VERY few of these crimes being committed, it was an extremely law abiding culture. People knew that under Mosaic law if they farted in the wrong direction they'd be stoned publicly by the masses.

Crime was extremely rare. That was the point, to DRASTICALLY reduce crime, not to kill a bunch of people. It was for deterrent purposes.

Thank God Christ came to Earth and made a new covenant with man. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by karl 12

The video was already discussed in depth in THIS 49 pages thread.

Then pretty much everything in the text article has been discussed on ATS multiple times as well:

Alleged Bible Contradictions.
Slavery.
The Rigorous Jewish Law.
The role of husbands and wives.
The meaning of 'This Generation.'

reply to post by Dock6

The supposed difference between the 'OT and NT' God has been explained so many times as well.

Maybe I just need to take a break from ATS. I'm having massive topical burn out and it is the same thing over and over and over again.

It amuses me to see threads of the same subject be closed in every single other forum except the CIR forum. It is the same material over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I feel your pain.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

What would you call a judge today that arbitrarily decided who he would spare from the death penalty for crimes these people committed contrary to the law of the land?

Human. Which is why if god wishes people dead, let god be the slayer. Then there could be no "mistake". Divine justice is only divine coming from the hand of such. Humans acting on "god's will" are still just human, and, as always, questionable as you just pointed out.

As to your response about crime being "rare" in ancient times, it is a supposition that I would need to see proof of as it is represented as hard fact, not opinion. Or perhaps I could simply look towards modern fascist states which also boast a low crime rate.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sorry ,that just sounds like a fantastically silly (and delusionally dangerous) idea to me.
If all the members of your specific Abrahamic sect/cult thought like that then you should be restricted and confined to your places of worship ..and have very little to do with modern day society.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I'm not really in the business of questioning God's methods or plan, perhaps you can ask him why he said this, or did that when you get to heaven?

Ancient Hebrew culture is not really important for me to understand, heck, it's 2,000 years later. Paul says in Romans that the law was given as a mirror so to say, to show man that they were helpless to achieve the holiness necessary to enter heaven by their good works, to show them that they were helpless without a savior.

The Law was nailed to the cross 2,000 years ago, so it's not really relevant today for people under grace. It was given to man to show them how utterly futile salvation wrought by works is to attain.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Sorry ,that just sounds like a fantastically silly (and delusionally dangerous) idea to me.
If all the members of your specific Abrahamic sect/cult thought like that then you should be restricted and confined to your places of worship ..and have very little to do with modern day society.

Read the first few chapters of Romans. The Law was given by God just to show man how futile it was to be holy enough by their own works to attain the Kingdom of God.

And somehow you're mistaken, I don't practice Judaism.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Read the first few chapters of Romans. The Law was given by God just to show man how futile it was to be holy enough by their own works to attain the Kingdom of God.

And somehow you're mistaken, I don't practice Judaism.

Well its realy just a book isn't it?
It looks very much man made to me...but that just my opinion.
I realy don't think god (if there is one) would be that insecure and cowardly as to wish death on others.
Actualy we don't know if god is a he,a she,an it or a they so it all seems quite pointless to speculate.
As for abrahamic cults/sects,in an objective world the term can be applied to either christianity,judiasm or islam-all of which have their bloodthirsty extremists so it seems.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Ummm, your arguments against God come from what this book says in the OT.

So, lemme get this straight...

It's okay to use what the book says about God in the OT to formulate your argument, but it's silly to use the NT to answer said argument???

How does that make any sense?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

How does that make any sense?

I don't think any of it makes sense.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Ancient Hebrew culture had VERY few of these crimes being committed, it was an extremely law abiding culture. People knew that under Mosaic law if they farted in the wrong direction they'd be stoned publicly by the masses.

Sounds delightful.
As for the abrahamic texts themselves ,they're positively littered with advocation for cruel and violent action:
This is an interesting link which lists a few instances:
skepticsannotatedbible.com...
Also it appears the abrahamic god was not a nice chap:
dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join