It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we seeing a coup be averted in America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
My first thread here. Just thought I'd through this out for discussion.

This 700 Billion dollar bailout that is being discussed in the US and the original bill that was to give unquestionable authority to Secretary Paulson and Mr. Bernanke seemed like an attempted coup of sorts to me. Section 8 of the original draft was to allow for no investgation into any actions that these two men took because of the fianicial meltdown that is occuring.

globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...

Sec. 8. Review.

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

Seems to me that they were looking for power that far exceeded anything that the Constitution gives them. That would be a lot of centralized power. The President wanted this original draft passed in a hurry without any discussion. That seems very suspicious to me.

I watched this video that loam posted. By the way, whats a FSME? I noticed the tag in his avatar and it linked to "Fragile Earth".

It's Ron Paul talking about how bad this bailout would be. There are many other Congressman/women and Senators saying the same thing. If this is so bad, why the rush to get it passed with no discussion? Congress has now slowed the passing down by doing the right thing and discussing it. I haven't read the new draft yet but I would hope that section 8 has been removed.

Anyway, as I watched this unfold this week, that's what came to my mind. This looks like an attempted silent coup. Remember. Paulson was former head of Goldman-Sachs and it was one of the original global bankers who said...

Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws.
Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Thanks for reading my first thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Does anyone know if section 8 ended up being cut out? I just have a horrible feeling in my stomach about this bailout. This feels like 9/11 again, only on a more subtle level. I am afraid that nothing will be the same again.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply Karl. As far as I know, that section was removed from the bill that was just shot down by congress. I guess noone else sees this the same way as I do. The centralization of power still concerns me.

Most US savings are now consolidates between three banks: JP Morgan, Citigroup and BofA. I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Some one always gets the law changed or gets one relaxed so
cheaters can make more money.

Perhaps a crook is in our midst.

You can't sue lawmakers or supports if its stated as such in
the law.. its a contract with America.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Even though it was removed, and then the whole thing shot down, it does speak volumes for how the US has evolved to a place where such ideas can even be considered.

And there's not much chance this will be the last attempt at such a thing. Citizens must remain alert for more to come, IMO.

And if people in other nations think this would only be an American problem, consider how all the financial strings are tied together across the globe.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's way too early to judge. The Fat Lady hasn't even started towards the stage yet. My hunch is that we are in the middle of the beginning. There is alot more to come and it's unlikely to be very pleasant.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I get the feeling this bailout was voted of on purpose, to rile things up.

Maybe to create riots when they jam the bill through the throat of the American people, later on this week.

Martial Law?

I mean why the mixed no votes in both parties all of a sudden? They didn't care about the people before.

Like Karlhungis said, this smell like a really nuanced false flag situation.

edit to add: The coup already happened on 9-11, and probably way before that.

[edit on 30/9/08 by enigmania]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Thanks again for the responses.

The way I see it, this isn't over by a long shot. President Bush has come forward two days in a row to address the Nation about how crucial this package is. Yet, the Federal reserve just pumped 630 billion dollars into the flow to help increase liquidity. (I think). This isn't the first time this has happened this year either. So what's the difference between the 630 B and this 700 B that the President, Treasury Secratary and the Chairman of the Fed so desperately want for Wall Street.

Is it the money or the power that this money and subsequently, the bill it's attached to, give them. Even with the new provisions added to this bailout package, there is still an enormous amount of power going into these mens hands. Moreso than what they already wield. Also, from what I have been reading, there aren't many that believe that this money is going to solve the problems. Yes it will buy time for the this president to get out of office and maybe even the country before it truly collapses but what I have heard and read says that this will only delay the inevitable.

This reminds of that John Perkins book. " Confessions of an Economic Hitman" and some of the things he talked about being done to third world or emerging nations is being done right here in America.

Also this cover from Newsweek last week just adds to my paranioa.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
What I don't get is this, this 700 billion is suposed to be needed to save the economy, while yesterday, they lost more than 1000 billion in one day. (where did that go?)

So what good is 700 billion gonna do?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Some are saying (Webbot Project) that there will be a major event on October 7th "with an effect bigger than 9/11"

There are also reports that will be the day Bush declares an "Economic Emergency" and Martial Law under Directive 51 and cancel elections,

P.S. Directive 51 was the order Hitler used to become dictator

And October 7th is the Birthday of Heinrich Himmler, the Head of the SS.

....just shows you who really runs things.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isthisthingon
By the way, whats a FSME?

That is "Forum Subject Matter Expert", they are members who have proven via posts and or threads that they have a keen understanding of the material in said forum/s.

Great thread, the financial trauma that is occuring is perhaps, in my opinion at least, just as bad as the old market crash, even worse. Lot more market is on the fall with more investors at risk.

With todays inflation and with outsourceing on top of it, there is just nothing left for the people. No economy, at least before Detroit was still motor capitol, and textiles were not as imported. The list could go on, but I know every one sees the point.

Crazy..

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It appears that Naomi Wolfe agrees with my original premise but takes it a few steps further by saying it actually is taking place. It is an intersting interview.

Take the time to listen to it.She has some interesting perspectives.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
america was conquered long ago,in the 1950- 1960's by those who infiltrated the military industrial complex,cia and created the nsa.

this is just the final stages of thier power grab,gaining control of all the banks,they already have the major corporations.

top topics

join