It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else ever experienced this...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Okay so I've only just sort of thought about this but, for a long period of time (over the course of a couple of years) I used to have these weird experiences, as I was falling asleep.

I would be laying there, drifting off and everything would be quiet and then suddenly, out of nowhere there would be this loud, whoosing/roaring noise as though... Well to be honest, there's only a couple of things I could compare it to.

1: A television blurring out white noise / high pitch frequency or kind of like the screen you'd have on HBO right before Sex and the City (Yes I'm serious).

2: Turning the television off mute during a football/soccer game when a goal's just been scored and the crowd are roaring and then you suddenly switch it on mute again.

I know this probably sounds stupid to some but I used to get this constantly, even when the television wasn't on, it was say 1-2am in the morning and I was drifting off. But, it wouldn't happen every night just every now and then; maybe once or twice a week or something. - I just can't figure it out...

Any ideas or someone w/ similar circumstances?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Hi there.

Do you by chance have any sensations of vibrations throughout your body while this is occurring?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hi there.

Do you by chance have any sensations of vibrations throughout your body while this is occurring?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Tbh I can't quite recall a vibrating sensation... It honestly only lasted several seconds at a time but it would severely frighten the life out of me... It honestly felt as though someone/thing was trying to communicate with me.

I cannot explain it other than the two examples I gave...

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I get that all the time when going to bed and it's all quiet.To be honest it pisses me off and i put music playing in the backround.

Nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Every once in a while I will hear a loud bang and feel a jolt. The combination of the two has landed me on the floor more than once.

EDIT to add: And this is way different than that "falling" feeling people get a lot of the time when they are in limbo.

[edit on 9/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

The 'falling sensation' which is supposedly, as I've read, your "spirit falling back into your body after taking a hiatus" - I've had since I was around 6-7yrs old (So about 20yrs now)... I used to calling it the falling out of the airplane syndrome lol.

Oceanborn - You say you get it quite a bit and, it's nothing to worry about? But, what would you attribute it to?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
That's generally the line I was pursuing...in some literature, this type of sensation (especially vibrations) is associated with the onset of a conscious out of body experience. I was just curious if that might be the case here.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ahh okay well, I've put them down to being 2 seperate issues.

As I say the "OBE" sensations, I've had since I was 6 or 7. I used to be dreaming I was walking through some empty old house and as I went to walk into the back door, I'd trip and fall and voila! I'd have one of those... Or, I'd be walking along the street and slip on the curb and the same thing; always those kinds of situations.

With this other 'sensation' I'd literally still be awake... But trying to sleep, and it would just be there! In my ears/head; as if someone/thing had crept right upto my ear and shouted breathlessly into it for 2-3 seconds.

Eerie crap I tell you >.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
This is a state when your body has fallen asleep, and your mind is still awake, what is happening is your physical senses start to invert inward to start seeing/hearing and feeling the dream as it emerges.

The tactile sense is keen to the frequency shift that also happens, as we go from a Beta frequency to Theta down to Delta during sleep, this increase brainwave frequency shift causes vibrations, electrical sensations as our tactile awareness tunes into the shift.

It is why during this state, people start to have OBE, lucid dreams because it's the mind/awake - body/asleep state. Nothing to fear, just means you are awake during a time you normally are asleep for this shift from waking to sleeping, and your have translated the frequency shift as electrical vibrations etc.

Sleep paralysis also comes with these types of experiences.

Have fun with it, roll to the left or right and go out-of-body or go lucid into a dream is my recommendation.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
YAD that has pretty much nailed it for me. It makes so much sense, thank you.

I've starred your reply; is there anywhere I could find information on this state of mind/physicality?

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
YAD,

Sometimes i find it possible too choose weather to carry on sleeping/dreaming or too wake up. its like i know im sleeping but i know i can wake myself up or even i can choose where to start a dream... what to dream about to a certain extent, then all control is lost after i fall back into a deep dream. but is this the same state your on about? the minds awake but body asleep? its really wierd and i havent been able to put a finger on why its possible to do this...

OP,
I've had the same as you before... just as you drift off you suddenly jolt or judder as you think your falling or something just blew up... or god knows you just jump startled right? thats crazy!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have had all of the experiences that have been mentioned. The loud boom and feeling the ground shake is very unnerving to me because of my service in Vietnam. One morning was very intense, so much so that my wife awoke and asked, what was that. We found out that the space shuttle had exploded and pieces had landed very close to where we live. The in and out of sleep dreaming isn't bad unless it goes on all night long. I am always useless the following day and not very pleasant to be around. Thanks to all for letting me know that I am not the only bozo on this bus.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
this one time back in highschool, in our drama class, there was about 30 people, and we all sat on chairs in a circle... it was the loudest class ever, we never stopped talking. but if we were quiet near the end of the class the teacher would let us go early.. but man
this one time, its like, everyone in the entire room decided to go along with it, everyone stopped talking at the SAME time, it was DEAD silent and to my ears honestly, it felt like sound imploded thats the only way i can describe it. it was like it was so loud to going quiet that sound like rebounded and smashed my eardrums
its so hard to explain, but i even remember looking around and nobody else said anything about it or looked like it affected them

anyone ever had that?

[edit on 28-9-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You can try the Monroe Intitute, I've always been a fan of Robert A. Monroes work.

www.monroeinstitute.com...

I wrote an E book back in the day, that covers some techniques and theories, I should write a second one.

www.explorations-in-consciousness.com...

Hopefully that helps.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
you may want to read this thread,Sudden waking during sleep? (like a shock)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

its happening to many people all of a sudden,being woken whilst you were on the verge of sleep by an inexplicable often repeating event.

many people who suffer electronic harrasment suffer the same indignation,almost identicaly.

you can see by my avatar who is really behind it!.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Welive. Don't get strange on us now. I have to admit though that at one time about 9 years ago, and actually a few times since, I was quite sure that there was some kind of outside source of manipulation affecting my lack of sleep due to these weird booms and jerking episodes. I would also think that I was hearing what sounded like voices and would get up with a gun and search the house and even outdoors. I was single at the time and pretty active as a musician, meeting lots of women and bringing them home. If one came to my home in their car there was never any booms or voices, if they came in my car they too would hear voices also. I live in a rural area, my house is very well insulated and has storm windows. My closest neighbors are older people that live a 1/4 mile away with 2 hills and heavy woods separating us. I am still not sure that there wasn't someone pushing my buttons then. I eventually ended up spending 12 days on a psych unit due to sleep deprivation, where I was heavily medicated and slept for 6 days. What ever it was isn't happening now, and hasn't in 3 or 4 years.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
First of all,my apologies for not replying soon enough.

So,let me describe even further what happens to me and then i'll tell you my thoughts.
First of all personally i believe that sometimes my hearing is pretty sensitive.
Most of the time i get a high pitched noise like you are.
Other times,mostly when i'm facing to the right,i can hear the air getting through a small opening from my balcony door (needs to get fixed
) or the sound of the cars from outside allthough sometimes they sound kinda weird.
(both situations happen when i'm in bed)

The second part was just to show that sometimes when you hear something it can be the most simple thing in the world.

So,about the high pitched noise.I've thought a few things about it,even that "someone" wanted to "communicate" with me.I've also thought that it might be from antenas that are low enough and somehow they're affecting me (yes,i know it sounds silly but it was just a thought).But what i believe is that it's just that i'm used to noise.
Every single day,one way or another noises are all around,so,personally i believe that it's just something like an echo that remains in our ears when everything else is quiet.

Anyway,i wont be around in this thread because it allready started taking the "paranormal" path of explanations and i'm in no mood to be the "skeptic" guy of the thread.

If you want my advice though,consider the rational explanations and possibilities first and if you wont get any answers,then you can proceed step by step to more complicated views about it.

Take care!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
ty both YAD and Welive. I've starred both for your contributions and will give those all a read.

Also Oceanborn ty once again and I am looking @ ALL poss' explainations.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
that feeeling is often induced by the decreasing of your bloodpressure when you fall asleep, when you start to relax, you internal body temperature decrease a bit , then your hearbeat start to decrease slowly inducing that feeling , followed by a eardrum decompression......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join