It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghost-like photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
On the night my grandma died, over a thousand miles away, two of my cousins were sitting around a bonfire sharing memories of her with one another because they were unable to make the trip north for her funeral. The fire was out and my cousin thought the embers looked cool so he took a picture of them with his camera on his cell phone. Here is the picture. It's pretty obvious what the white form looks like. If you look carefully though, you'll see that the thing also has a face and it looks like the face of an old woman - actually I think it looks like a caricature of an old woman's face - like a fairy godmother from Cinderella. Anyway, it's weird and I can't explain it. I do not believe it's my grandma nor is it a sign from her. If it's a sign from anyone, I would guess it's straight out of hell and was meant to deceive.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That picture is really cool. Sometimes we find signs in the strangest places. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I tried to be imaginative. But I still couldn't see anything that resembled what you were talking about.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Do you see the "angel" like wings? I thought they were pretty noticable so I didn't mention them. Look down between the wings where you would expect to see a head and there is a face there. Even looks like it has hair on top of its head.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I see smoke. Sometimes I see faces in clouds though. But that doesn't mean it's really a face.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

While I am sorry to hear about your grandma, I must say I agree with blueracer. What you have here is a picture of smoke from a bonfire,
Nothing more.

As blueracer said, we sometimes see shapes in clouds that resemble actual things but that doesnt mean it is anything more than a cloud.

I feel that the same can be said for this picture of smoke from a bonfire.

While I do believe in the afterlife, I dont feel there is anything supernatural about this photo.

Thats just my 2 cents. Although with the way the economy is going my 2 cents may not be worth anything at all soon

[edit on 28-9-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Except that my cousin swears there wasn't any smoke. he was taking a picture of the embers and there wasn't any smoke. That's what he said atleast.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

I agree that it is not smoke.
You can actually see the bottom of the artifact beginning below the embers.
In fact it looks like whatever it is, is between the fire and the camera.
Nice pic.

[edit on 9/27/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl

Except that my cousin swears there wasn't any smoke. he was taking a picture of the embers and there wasn't any smoke. That's what he said atleast.

A picture of a bon fire and theres no smoke? That doesnt make since to me. Is it not possible that the flash of the camera made the smoke more visible?

From the looks of the photo it was dark out perhaps the smoke wasnt easily visible? I have been wrong before though so who knows.

In all fairness I am certainly no expert of photo analysis. Im really just going with my gut feeling. Perhaps someone who does know about photo analysis will step in and prove me wrong. I would like to be proven wrong by the way.

Like I said, a bonfire with no smoke at all seems a bit of a stretch to me, let me restate however my sincere apologies for the loss of your grandmother.

Peace

[edit on 27-9-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I do hope you realize that the picture was taken after the fire itself had died out and all there was was simply embers. Embers don't smoke, they glow.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe

I do hope you realize that the picture was taken after the fire itself had died out and all there was was simply embers. Embers don't smoke, they glow.

Yes I am well aware of that fact. It was already mentioned. But your more than welcome to say it again...

Im not suggesting that this is what happened but it is possible to make embers smoke. Just dump water on them.....

Another idea is that perhaps the fire it self had just burned out and there was still smoke in the area when the picture was taken.

I feel now would be a good time to bring up occam's razor. The simplest explanation is usually the best.

Which sounds more likely? This is a picture of a recently burned out bonfire and there is still some smoke coming up or there is a ghost who apparently is living in the embers and came up to join the party but no one could see it and it only showed up in the photo?

Lets be honest. Bon fires put out alot of smoke. There was most likely smoke still in the area. apparently thin enough that the photographer didnt notice it anymore, but not thin enough that it couldnt be lit up for the split second the camera flash went off.

Are you really denying that there could and would be smoke at a bonfire?

[edit on 27-9-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the word trade center when there was smoke coming out of it before it collapsed. The smoke forms an image that resembles a face. Does that mean that its an actual face? I dont think so.

People naturally try to find logical patterns in things that have no pattern at all. That is why we tend to see shapes in the clouds, smoke etc...

As I stated I want to be wrong, I want this to be a sign from your grandma letting you know she is okay.

I just have trouble believing that a smokey image coming out of a pseudo burned out bonfire is anything other than smoke.

top topics

join