It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange inscription near entrance to Great pyramid resembles Roswell glyphs? You decide...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I remember coming across a site a while back with a picture taken by Robert Schoch of a strange inscription found at the entrance to the Great Pyramid. It is composed of 4 unknown symbols that seem to bear a resemblance to the Greek alphabet, but as far as I know the experts have not been able to figure out what they mean or where they're from...

Here is a picture of the symbols borrowed from Dr. Colette M Dowell's site:

Here's the location of the inscription at the GP entrance:

I happened to come across an old discussion on egyptologist.org about these symbols when one poster mentioned that he was intrigued by the fact that these symbols seem to resemble the supposed Roswell glyphs which were found on an I-beam from the supposed craft that crashed there... I looked for myself and was too very intrigued.

Source of pics

Now I'm not sure what to make of any of this. Maybe there's no connection here at all, maybe one or both are hoaxes....or maybe not.

I bring this to you guys to muddle over and offer opinions and maybe we can solve the mystery.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
GOOD POST FRIEND!

Wow i am intrigued, mainly because like many of you i have been fascinated by the possible link between aliens and ancient Egypt.

Very interested seeing as i am traveling to Egypt in 2 months time.

Flag from me

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well, I am pretty sure that the pyramids were built with the aid of extraterrestrial technology...so, it goes.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

Thanks for the post Elemensa

I too am very intrigued by Egypt and what went on in Giza thousands of years ago. Talk about a burst of consciousness!

You should see if you can get near the entrance to see this inscription.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If these havent been translated because they are unknown, thats another indicator that the Pyramids must be seen seperately from the rest of later Egypt.

Interesting

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

You do know the photo of the wreckage is a fake? That has been proven with the outing of the alien autopsy footage. The whole story is then tainted by this, and therefor most probably not true.
Sorry to disappoint some of you.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
And yet...if there is really some writing on the Pyramid that has not been deciphered, at least this thread has half a case.

link   
The pic of the symbol is definitely not fake as it has Dr. Robert Schoch's name as the copyright holder. He is not someone who would perpetuate a hoax.

link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hey Sky,

Always great to hear from you.

Research on google brings up very little about these symbols. I'm still looking for more interpretations of what they mean or who may have put them there.

But as far as I know they do not represent any known written language or hieroglyph.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

I agree with you about Schoch. I don't believe he would hoax anything he's discovered. I just put it out there to offer a possibility (more about the Roswell glyph) but it doesn't represent my feelings about Schoch...

Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The symbols are probably real on the pyramid. When the OP brought up the known hoax, the other part has been dragged down by it. Do you see the point that has been made? I don't want to be a Debbie Downer here, but people need to read the sites they use before posting them. I am one to believe civilization is thousands of years older than previously believed. I get quite excited when I see what is a good find. I then get upset when I see it is based on a known hoax.
If we want to get more experts to take us seriously, then we have to be much more diligent.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

You do know the photo of the wreckage is a fake? That has been proven with the outing of the alien autopsy footage. The whole story is then tainted by this, and therefor most probably not true.
Sorry to disappoint some of you.

Well, until they come out with what actually crashed in Roswell without changing their story 500 times, there will be a debate about it. Thank ya.
Cool,dude.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Ya I know very little about roswell or alleged aliens at Giza, I'm pretty sure Dr. Schoch does not get involved with those kinds of things though. He does not put forth ideas about aliens.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I do think an alien craft crashed north of Roswell. Unfortunately, there is so much crap out there on Roswell it is hard to get to the good researchers. I also want to apologize and state I meant no disrespect to Dr Schoch. I agree that the hieroglyphs found on the pyramid are quite interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Certainly not. He wouldn't want to face the ire of his "genius" critics now would he?

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Well, I understand where you're coming from. It seems that with every decent piece of information that comes out concerning the UFO phenomena, there is a morass of illergitimate information that follows.

I suppose that is what has caused Ufology to be so contemptible.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just mean that the theory about the symbol having extra-terrestial origins must be coming from a different source than the photo.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Incredibly interesting

flag and star.

There is alot of BS about Roswell, but the guy who claimed to have these in his possesion, had a few of his neighbours confirm he had them. They confirmed he was harassed for months over it (if memory serves), IMO, this could verify that certain 'story' of roswell, but there is alot out there.

Whereabouts on the pyramid are these symbols located? I couldn't make heads nor tails of the diagram sorry.

EMM

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...
See if you can find them there.
I could only find one the circle with a horizontal line through it.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Good post.

It is clear that the Egyptian culture was refined, but perhaps a bit less than what was needed to produce many of the ruins that are there. Like finding a cabin in the woods and buiding a spare bedroom on it......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join