It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WaMu Gives New CEO Mega Payout as Bank Fails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

WaMu Gives New CEO Mega Payout as Bank Fails

www.foxnews.com

But don't cry for Fishman, who reportedly was sky-high — literally — last night, on a flight from New York to Seattle, when WaMu collapsed. Even though he's only been on the job for less than three weeks, he's bailing out with parachute worth close to $20 million, according to an executive compensation analysis conducted for the New York Times by James F. Reda Associates.

That's right, $20 million for 17 days on the job ... and his company failed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sick. That's how I feel when I see this BS. Simply sick. It's a game and for those of you who still stand by and think that it isn't (those that think this is all from bad management and not planned), I feel very sorry for you.

This is disgusting and I'm quite frankly done with these people. They get 330 Billion for 1.9 Billion and everyone else is left with crap. This guy gets 20 million for 17 days of work. That's not too shabby for the ultra rich. What a f'ing joke.

I'm disgusted with our congress criminal branch for trying to bail out these fellow criminals.

Now there is mumblings about a one world currency. Guess they are spooked and are considering skipping the next phase (Amero) and going straight for the juggular. They are pissing off the masses and I fear that this revolution will not be a quiet and peaceful one.

This really sucks.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I want that job. Work for two weeks and get millions.

Man that just doesn't seem right.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

That is what I am saying. That seems to be almost a million a day. Heck sign me up for a week and I’d be happy.

On a more serious note though I cannot see how they can make so much money. I mean this guy only worked a few weeks. Even if the company was doing good there is no way he would have made that much of a difference to show he is deserving of such pay. Not that I feel he deserves it much more but I think a few hundred thousand would have been more in order. Obviously the people running these places are insane.

Raist

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Assuming he worked 8 hour days, that's about $147,000/hour. Not a bad gig, I'd say.

*dry heave*

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Hey dariousg, great minds -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here's a story Mr. Fishman and the others might be interested in.
And they want $700B
f.u.!

[edit on 26-9-2008 by mecheng]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
wow

And I thought the Lehman Bros CEO was getting a lot at 17.000$ an hour

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Paying people to fail is just so wrong. What have we come to?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Like I said in another thread... these mofos better hire some private security with that money because they're gonna get what's coming to them.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I cant BEGIN to express how much I HATE that the folks who do such a terrible job as to run a company into the ground get a big bonus for doing so...........

I never ran anything into the ground nor have I ever hurt anybodys bankbook and I never get my back end greased.

ITS RIDICULOUS TO THE EXTREME!!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. They collapse the LARGEST US BANK IN HISTORY and float away on a golden parachute instead of jailtime?

This is an outrage!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Somebody should publish mapquest directions to the houses of these bozos. Just so people know how to get there.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Did all the employees get money? Doubtful, during bankruptcy aren't all the funds frozen to disburse? Where the SEC, where's our regulators? How can we trust that right will be done? We can't!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
This is why the Banks are failing. The Bankers are stealing all the Deposits and calling it salary.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I don't know about you.

But I think it time for the villagers to light the torches. And let out a tribal scream.

A new series. Survivor, executive style.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I hope Fishman buys a big fancy plane with the money, and he crashes into the Ocean and drowns.

top topics

join