It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help creating a new website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Im looking to have a website of futuristic and liquid design.

I went about making my old websites using customized steps of various providers but this does not satisfy me anymore.

How would I best go about getting help for the design of a website or maybe even the customization of good templates?

I dont have a clue about htlm, adobe flash, etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Nice the idears about new websites. The tip from me to you is:

It is not that hard to learn basic HTML and when you like getting into that after giving it a try (!) then you will automaticly get the desire to learn more and try other (maybe) more complicated programming languages. I did it that way and it saved me lots and lots of money and discussion getting my idears over to other designers.

here are some tips to get started, and the courses are all for free:

www.webdevelopersnotes.com...

www.google.co.uk...

Then there are very 'easy to use' programs like Dreamweaver and so on, however they are very expencive for a starter. But.. On the Adobe website are '30 day trials' for download. These programs helped me a lot to get more and more into it.

www.adobe.com...

Thats how I started learning (basic) webdesign and now I work as the only female in the IT team for an international company, without having a degree, just by doint it and learning it my self by (diciplined!!) training and interest

Good luck..!

Ps. for simple questions you can always send me a u2u

*edit to fix link, lol..!

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Storm_Indigochild]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
And what advice would you have for someone who knows there is no way he´s going to take the time to learn that (even if its easy)?

Its a time thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well.. what can I say..? Most probably by the announcement you did on here, the request for help.. Finding someone that does have the time to do it for you. Unfortunally I can't, cause to me it's a time thing too..

When you don't find anyone this way, well then the regular ways like hireing expencive design studio's and so on..

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Are you near a college or university? There may be a lot of computer science or web design students who would do the work for free, just so they would have the experience on their resumes. I would approach them as professionally as possible, and treat it like an internship.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
If its a "time thing" and if i were you : no matter if you are going to develope the website yourself or with help from others, it could be a idea to make a plan and deside what features you want, and when take it from there. eks :You want to link from a image to something. when find out what codes you need for that, instead of doing it the other way around.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have an old website which I did myself...so everything is already in place.

All I need to know is the best way to get good design.

Hire a student?

Hire a pro?

Use a template?

Will I then be dependent on them everytime I want to change something (because I dont know how to use their tools)

The reason I am posting this is because Im overwhelmed by the 100 000+ search results on google for "webdesign".

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There are web design companies out there that offer free web editors for download so that you can edit yourself using a tool box that you would be familiar with.. Some offer free tech support too. But you have to be willing to part with nearly 500$ for a design.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thats helpful seagrass.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hi Sky Nice to meet

are you looking mainly for images? Header graphics menu design etc as you say you have an old site up already i maybe can help you i know alot of photoshop and could help design some stuff for you i downloaded your mp3 ipod have not listened to it yet i also can set up your mp3 on your site i am pctv35 dot com i designed the site by hand including the tv and radio i have some exp in your prev post on et's but have only gotten to the 4th page and i'm getting tired so have not posted there yet lol but contact me would love to help you out

Edit for contact:
if you want you can send the link to what you have up already i will keep it private support at pctv35 dot com

[edit on 27-10-2008 by onewith]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Simple solution: Use Joomla!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Whats the address of your old site? I would start from there that would give people a place to start before giving advise that may not meet your needs.

By the way nice to meat you I don't believe we have ever stomped the same ATS ground before. Althow I see you have been around a while.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I already finished the website weeks ago, guys (thanks also to an ATS-member who will remain unnamed).

Thanks for all the advice.

new topics

top topics

join