It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House bailout meeting went badly: Democrats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

White House bailout meeting went badly: Democrats

www.reuters.com

"Bankruptcy reform is a dealbreaker for the White House" and so are corporate executive pay limits, Sherman said. "On more than one occasion, the statement was made that if we put that in the bill, the president will not sign it," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tickerforum.org

Mod Note: Instructions for the Breaking Alternative News Forum

Edit to thread title to reflect article headline.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
now i don't understand economics, but this seems to me to be saying;

the USA is in such huge trouble that if 700 billion dollars is not made available immediately, then things are going down fast......but Bush doesn't want to limit the pay of CEO's in the process.

How can this not make people angry?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Because he's trying to protect his corrupt Buddies that ran these companies into the ground.

From your source.

"What's he done? This did not help matters ... it just makes it much more complicated," Boyd said. "McCain has come in and tried to play the hero."

So we have a democrat blaming this on McCain when no where in the article did it mention anything about McCain doing anything but attending the meeting.
Its Bush threatening not to sign it not McCain trying to block it.

The blame game has started boys and girls. Next the rats will start abandoning ship

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It makes me angry, I've been all over these bail out posts.

Capping CEO profits is a must.

These guys sit back on an empire and earn the wealth of what? They dont EARN anything. They are sitting back in their chairs yelling at people because the managers that do all the work report back to them and the CEO's have to do something, so why not make everyone be afraid of them so they dont ask questions.

If the U.S. doesn't act on this its time to move out of the country. The U.S. and its people are showing their faces when times get tough.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101

......but Bush doesn't want to limit the pay of CEO's in the process.

How can this not make people angry?

Paulson is one of them who won't budge on this deal breaker.

You see, he wants to make sure all his CEO buddies get their fat compensation checks!

I started a thread that explains his ties to this industry, and why I think there is a "conflict of interest" with him being in charge of this crisis!

Here is the link.

Welcome to the Con of the Century!

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

I've been following these bailout Posts even posted a couple myself.

I agree taking away the golden parachutes is a must or its a deal breaker for the american people!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
somebody on ticker forums pointed out (quite rightly in my humble opinion) that if the government buys you out, then you work for the government, in other words, the taxpayer.
It just seems really really bad that in such a time of crisis with politicians running around like headless chickens, that not capping the pay of the CEOs was one of their main concerns.

As for the blame game...alot of bickering going on....it's getting entertaining to watch though :-)

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole

Paulson is one of them who won't budge on this deal breaker.

You see, he wants to make sure all his CEO buddies get their fat compensation checks!

I started a thread that explains it, here is the link.

Welcome to the Con of the Century!

thanks...am going to read that now. Hopefully i will learn something. Like i said, i don't understand the finer points of all this, but i read about it and ocassionally, something will stand out and even i will think....thats not right.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
"White House bailout meeting went badly"
That would be about the reason why the markets after hours lost about all the gains in about 20 minutes.
Im glad I was short for that.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The absolute best solution is to bail them out then make them NON PROFIT for ten years. The only money they can make is to pay the employees and the "loan" back.

They should be punished . Not helped . The focus should be on the people . Not the institutions!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It is time to call Ron Paul in to teach the children how our economy works and how to fix it.
One of these loons should grow some and ask Dr. Paul to be an adviser immediately.
If either one of these parties wanted to do what was best for this country they would stop the partisan bs and get to work putting America back together.
They are all a bunch of swine.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A point I would like to make here. Anyone notice how most of the day, while the markets were open, all you kept hearing was how close to a deal they were. Then oddly or even convienientlly shortly after 5pm est Sen Shelby says they are not even close. Don't the markets close right around 5pm est? Could that be construed as market manipulation by the government? Put out false hope to keep the market up and then right after it closes tell it as it really is so less of an impact on the DOW?

[edit on 26-9-2008 by iggster]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iggster

Yes but this is also about political bs on both sides.
"We have a deal" before McCain rides into save the day, McCain shows up no deal.
I do not support McCain one bit but even I can see that. (Thank you Mr. Stewart although he made the laugh on McCain but still...)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I don't understand how these guys can even remotely think that they deserve any kind of compensation. If they are going to be fired, they should get the standard two weeks severance and told to hit the bricks. Where does this multi-million dollar sense of entitlement come from? If you or I treated our private businesses the way these guys do, we would be personally bankrupt and possibly in jail, not getting sweet severance packages with the President having our back.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
If either one of these parties wanted to do what was best for this country they would stop the partisan bs and get to work putting America back together.

I couldn't agree more. This should have NOTHING to do with politics and it goes to show that these yahoos in Washington don't give a rat's behind about any of us taxpayers. I have a feeling that this entire thing would have been played out differently if it wasn't an election year and that just makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anjin

There seems to be a plan and the pieces will fall in place soon.
I however doubt very seriously if that plan will consider American's.

new topics

top topics

join