It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supernatural hunting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Does anyone think that there are actual people out there like the people on the show supernatural? I mean the show is incredible inaccurate but I have heard some people claim that there are people out there like them. What do you guy's think?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by avengerofblood

Well there's ghost hunters and exorcists. Also people that just research the phenomena and have obtained first hand encounters in their research.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yes they do exist..there are things that go bump in the night. To quote The helloboy movie they are the ones who "bump back."

This world holds many secrets kept from our eyes by many forces. If we were to see whast really out there all the controls implemeted by those who control us would shatter and we would no longer have to live under someone elses thumb. Dont let teh sheep know they can be wolves and they wont be. They wont be a problem.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well I know about that but there are people who claim to do the crap that they show on tv. Ghosts to me are just boring it's monsters that fascinate me. They come on shapes and sizes, lizardy, humanoid, giant, cannibalistic, texan, purple.

The one thing I want to know about that show supernatural is how could anybody afford to drive a 68 impala across the U.S. with the price of gas. I for one would be flat broke all the time.

I have also found out that in the last few years the number of full time exorcists under the vatican has changed from one to eleven big ass change if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I've never watched the show Supernatural but I'll look into it online and let you know what I think about the subject.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I know for a fact there is. When I was in the military a group of guys found out I am a practicing Wiccan. They asked me to join them in there "ghost hunting". I thought this would be a fun adventure to partake in. What I found out was that these guys were more like the crusaders and witch hunters from back in the day. They wanted my 'spiritual protection' but they were/are very ignorant to the 'real' side off the occult. I decided not to associate with these guys mainly because I chose to investigate the occult, where as they were out to destroy it. Who knows if they would have turned on me.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Okay just after a quick search on Wikipedia, I'd say that without viewing the series, the premise of hunting down things that go bump in the night is at least plausible. Without knowing the specifics of the show's mythos and continuity, I can't comment on every detail though. As should be obvious from my name here, I do believe in demons, among other things, and I do believe that there are people devoted to this sort of life. There are certainly enough things out there that need to be at the very least investigated and sought out, if not destroyed outright.

As for how they manage to drive a black 67 Impala everywhere with gas prices these days, I have no idea. I had to give up driving my black 85 Monte Carlo SS all over the region for that reason.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
Okay just after a quick search on Wikipedia, I'd say that without viewing the series, the premise of hunting down things that go bump in the night is at least plausible. Without knowing the specifics of the show's mythos and continuity, I can't comment on every detail though. As should be obvious from my name here, I do believe in demons, among other things, and I do believe that there are people devoted to this sort of life. There are certainly enough things out there that need to be at the very least investigated and sought out, if not destroyed outright.

As for how they manage to drive a black 67 Impala everywhere with gas prices these days, I have no idea. I had to give up driving my black 85 Monte Carlo SS all over the region for that reason.
The only thing in that show that is really bull is that they have demons controlling human bodys against their will, and ghosts are shown as physical people who can punch, talk clearly, and act like a normal person. Plus they drive a 68 impala with todays gas prices. If I had the money I would do the same thing they do

You got a nice car my family owns a 72 nova and its in as good shape as the day it was made (Every time I go in it I just have to listen to back in black by acdc)

[edit on 27-9-2008 by avengerofblood]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hILB3rT
I know for a fact there is. When I was in the military a group of guys found out I am a practicing Wiccan. They asked me to join them in there "ghost hunting". I thought this would be a fun adventure to partake in. What I found out was that these guys were more like the crusaders and witch hunters from back in the day. They wanted my 'spiritual protection' but they were/are very ignorant to the 'real' side off the occult. I decided not to associate with these guys mainly because I chose to investigate the occult, where as they were out to destroy it. Who knows if they would have turned on me.

I hate people like that. They're as bad as skeptics who refuse to believe in the most basic things. I guess you could call the flat-earthers.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDemonHunter

they can pay for petrol because they use credit card scams
you dont watch it very closely

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Considering there is no evidence for the 'supernatural', asking whether there are supernatural hunters, of any variety, is akin to asking whether there are Loch Ness Monster hunters - there might be some who claim to be, but if you ask them for any kind of evidence that supports their assertions, you'll come up blank.

It's all nonsense.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Considering there is no evidence for the 'supernatural', asking whether there are supernatural hunters, of any variety, is akin to asking whether there are Loch Ness Monster hunters - there might be some who claim to be, but if you ask them for any kind of evidence that supports their assertions, you'll come up blank.

It's all nonsense.

I'm sorry are you saying that everything people believe in like ghosts and that crap are fake. If not then what about all the video evidence, sociological belief in the supernatural, blood samples.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Blood samples? Could you please emlighten me as to what creatures said samples were taken from and how? Any links I could peruse?...

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

Sorry I was in a rush to write this (I only had two more minutes or it would be another 20 dollars, at least thats what she said)
Things like bigfoot have had blood samples and people ignore them. Chubracabra's too. Look up monsterquest it's a tv show. In one episode these people found what they claimed to be bigfoot hair in blood and the lab they sent it to said it matched no known animal. But the truth is that the thing you really need to believe in the supernatural is common sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I kill shadow people, I guess that qualifies...

Although I don't use a sawn-off shotgun and I usually try to avoid hurting any people in my way. I also go it alone as most people could not understand what I do.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xangi
I kill shadow people, I guess that qualifies...

Although I don't use a sawn-off shotgun and I usually try to avoid hurting any people in my way. I also go it alone as most people could not understand what I do.

how do you kill them and track them?

edit. when ever i ask this question, all the so called hunters cant answer how to track or what to look for, in a practicle way

[edit on 19-10-2008 by syress]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

My name is Richard Simoneau, my partner Jesse Miller and I hunt the supernatural we went to a house in wiscotin a couple of weeks ago salted down a room... had some holy water and a couple of pump shot guns with rock salt compacted bullets we put the spirit to rest by salting and burning the bones and most prized possesstions. if you have any questions or need us to come by and help with a local haunted you can reach my partner and i at our email, [email protected], we can help.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
People like Xangi make me laugh.

"Oh, I hunt and kill shadow people, but I'm gonna try and look suave by acting enigmatic and not share any of the details of how I do business."

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
yeah, it does make the whole lot of the unknown seem less plausable when people try to do the whole "yeah, I kill ~insert random ghoul here~". **Oh yeah, while they are leaning against a wall with a cig in their mouth trying their best to look like that detective from the darkhold**

There are people out there that make their living hunting things.. Thats why we have the books, magazines and legends that we read and read about now.

Please contribute but dont add things that just "look cool" to you in your own mind. Lets see some video, pics or anything else that would at least spark some interest in what your saying.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDemonHunter

Supernatural is amazing. Altho the show is based on urban legends and myths that are suppposedly true, there are some episodes that go way OTT to be believable. But the show itself is brilliant. Great fun with some jumpy moments and all! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

top topics

<<   2 >>

join