It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Penis amputated without man's consent"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So, how was your day?

[www.theage.com.au...enis-amputated-without-mans-consent-20080926-4o9h.html "Penis amputated without man's consent"]

this is one of those incidents where nobody comes off looking good

or, conversely

THINGS COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

2 Things:

1) I would be suing for a HELL of a lot more than 2 million if this happened to ME.

2) I bet the wife is prolly more pissed than the victim.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I served as a preliminary juror on the last case mentioned in the article.

It was a paid preliminary hearing conducted by the defence attorneys to see how it might play out before it went to trial. Needless to say, we all elected that he receive a multi-million dollar payout. He ended up getting $2.3 million, as stated in the article.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This sucks, I personally feel my parts are worth more to me than then banks do, but this guy really got the short end of the stick( no pun intended) 2.3 mil ??? come on at least reattach with upgrades make it larger or somthing.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
damn that would piss me off to no end..

even with millions of dollars I would still be depressed...

speaking of piss, how would a person without a penis take one?

how awful, hopefully they will have some kind of implant or something in the near future for guys like this.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
I served as a preliminary juror on the last case mentioned in the article.

It was a paid preliminary hearing conducted by the defence attorneys to see how it might play out before it went to trial. Needless to say, we all elected that he receive a multi-million dollar payout. He ended up getting $2.3 million, as stated in the article.

Are you saying that this was not an official court function, but like a legal focus group, that the defense ran, to market-test their product, so to speak? If so, that is interesting, I did not know about that, and how did you get recruited...or did you go looking for them...(like I used to scrape by as a guinea pig for medical experiments, drug tests, college psychology tests ten bucks an hour...)?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by iiinvision

speaking of piss, how would a person without a penis take one?

Even like pre-modern plastic surgery tech, like when they would eunuchize someone, they would then stick like a straw in there, where the urethra was, so it wouldn't scab over the top and block the flow (or a narrow-gauge glass tube would have been cleaner, like a [SNIP], but I never read of such use, but it does seem logical, or maybe metal so it wouldn't snap, huh)

UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

[edit on 26-9-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
God bless this guy. How could they even make such a huge mistake? If I were him I'd be sueing for a cool 500 Million at least!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I always wondered what happened to Lorena Bobbit...

The surgeon could have told the man post op and given the couple time to adjust so to speak. With the result the same though, a couple of million dollars would sure help come to terms with the loss.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OMG! So he goes in for a circumcision and then the article further states:

But Seaton's lawyer said the doctor's post-surgical notes show the doctor thought he detected cancer and removed the penis.

The lawsuit filed earlier this month in state court claims Patterson removed Seaton's penis without consulting either Phillip or Deborah Seaton, or giving them an opportunity to seek a second opinion.

:shk:

Insanity!

You don't just amputate a body part without even asking the patient, running tests, or looking for a second opinion. What the heck. It's like, 'Well while I'm doing a circumcision, I might as well take off the whole thing just in case.'

Yikes.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
You don't just amputate a body part without even asking the patient, running tests, or looking for a second opinion. What the heck. It's like, 'Well while I'm doing a circumcision, I might as well take off the whole thing just in case.'

Dare I say, that's not just your ordinary, run of the mill body part to us men.
If there was a homicide as a result of what happened to this guy, you'd be hard-pressed to call it unjustified.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Dare I say, that's not just your ordinary, run of the mill body part to us men.

Totally agreed. The doctor might as well have removed the guy's brain on an assumption.

Double reference but I have to be a lady.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Dare I say most woman would agree. Can't say I would want my husband in the same position.

A few million dollars would help but.......

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
And, in another, unrelated, unsuitable circumcision incident :

[www.peacefmonline.com...]

The best part about this one, is where, the father says "I have learned a bitter lesson"...YEAH, IT'S ALWAYS ALL ABOUT YOU, ISN'T IT, DAD

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

That story literally made me feel like I was going to faint- and I'm not even a guy. lol At least the first man was unconscious but that kid was 16 years old and awake. Oh boy.

top topics

join