It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreadphil
one word springs to mind ... B O G U S. Theres no WAY a large collection of old NASA moon footage would be stored in an abandoned MCdonalds...and as for having such high res camera taking the footage it cant be seen on TV, thats a ludicrous idea. Sorry but this smacks as total flim-flamery IMHO.

First of all..why would you put such important data in an abandoned MCdonalds of all places? There are surely hundreds of other more well defended and secured locations than some old MCDonalds...and I agree with an earlier statement thatthis particular MCdonalds seems to have very modern looking equipment, I mean it looks like theres even still power to the building perhaps, while this is a wonderfull idea, the given facts of the story just dont seem to add up to a legitimate discovery.

What if the whole reason they were put there was so that people like these guys found them and posted them on the net. What if its all part of disclosure? I mean so many government doucments are being mislaid lately?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Amazing find Zorgon, starred and flagged.

Unfortunately if this story is true (which I'm kind of on the fence), I believe NASA is gonna be at that place shortly to reclaim thier property.

Especially "if" there's anything significant on those tapes.

But what a crazy sight, see all those canisters of film

In an abandonned but recently builts , circa 2000+ McDonalds.

Then again who knows, maybe this guy owned a single store McDonalds, and new someone who had access to all this stuff, that was in proper storage somewhere non-military, but safe (from decay ect), andd the guy needed to move them.

Perhaps they are just keeping them in this McDonalds till they find a more suitable place to house and hide this stuff. Hopefully they've already done that. Hate to see NASA toss all that film in the incinerator.

great story though.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Nola213]

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This does not make sense to me. That many tapes is kind of hard to hide with out someone asking ....dude why do you have so many film reels and whats on them? Not to mention the fact that they appear from the looks of the canisters to be in very good condition.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is not a true story.

Is there a way ATS can filter out all of these baloney stories? It's getting ridiculous now.

We are all "denying ignorance", denying the fact that we are ignorant, and very gullible.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
This is not a true story.

Is there a way ATS can filter out all of these baloney stories? It's getting ridiculous now.

We are all "denying ignorance", denying the fact that we are ignorant, and very gullible.

So in the spirit of "Denying Ignorance"....where is your proof this is a fake story? Because I'll tell you what is getting ridiculous is you guys that join for a day to spout off one liner posts denying things with absolutely no proof of your claims...THAT'S WHAT IS GETTING RIDICULOUS HERE!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

proof? .. I think thou do profess to much !

[edit on 26-9-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Anyone denying that this story, is pretty retarded. The High resolution photos, could be taken back then, Just look at some of the photos of nasa astronaughts, back in the early days. They look exactly like a HD Photo from today.

And they did have HD tv's back in the fifties, I think it was Japan that started it, for military communications. For some reason, it was never used in the consumer market.

Also , you cannot just fake thousands of Brand new images of the moon.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I've been a member for over a year.

Why should everyone just automatically buy into everything that's posted? Especially posts like this?

Sure, lets all just believe all the absurd and outlandish things that get written about here.

No critical thinking, no questions? If it supports our paranoid beliefs, or seems to confirm them, then we should automatically believe it?

No wonder the "elite" think we're sheep. All they have to do is sell us stuff that seems to support what we already believe, or what confirms some fear and it's sold! No questions.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Why would someone abandon a multimillion dollar franchise with huge revenue capablities in the first place?
By the look of the Mcdonalds it looks very new or very well maintained not in a abandoned condition at all!

Soo are we to believe someone just happened upon a abandoned McDonalds broke in and found all of these reels of tape or this abandoned Micky D's in such pristeen condition became a wharehouse for all of this stuff?

I smell a rotten fillet O fish here!

This smells like a rotten fish fellet to me!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rsand454

It is not multimilloin, just one store, They here moved there by the owner pf the tapes, probably needed a place to work on them.
---
I want to know this guys story,

from His flik'r page, it seemslike he is linked to an aerospace agency/Military. He has photos,
of himself in a zero g plane, A photo of someones clearance pass, and Photos from a trip to the north pole, and, seems to be an avid rocket maker.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rsand454

Agreed rsand454. Now here we have a critical thinker.

Not to mention, how did some bozo's just come across a # load of "classified" NASA tapes?

And now they're "talking" to NASA?

"Ah, hi NASA. We found a bunch of your classified tapes... can you please give us money now?" "We're in a McDonald's and we have an old analog Ampex we found in a barn, ready to improve your super secret/futuristic HD technology from the 1960's".

Doesn't "high definition" refer to digital images?

Those pictures (photos of the astronauts) look so "HD" "high def" because they were NOT digital. They were taken with high quality analog photographic film, go look up "Kodachrome".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
IMO if it comes from Zorgon you have something that might just be important, so pay attention.

I'm still waiting for the day that humans realize there is lots of life "inside" the Moon of ours and everything in the Solar System..... but as with everything it will take you time.

Zorgon I like your new Avatar but then again I liked your old one. If you see John Lear tell him Observe50 said hello, not that he cares.

Star, Flag on its way.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
Anyone denying that this story, is pretty retarded. The High resolution photos, could be taken back then, Just look at some of the photos of nasa astronaughts, back in the early days. They look exactly like a HD Photo from today.

And they did have HD tv's back in the fifties, I think it was Japan that started it, for military communications. For some reason, it was never used in the consumer market.

Also , you cannot just fake thousands of Brand new images of the moon.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by monkeybus]

They don't have to fake anything at all now. If it (the story) has already been sold to you, and believed by you then they can skip the part where they have to prove anything.

How easy was that?

Also HD photos back in the 1960's were actually photographs taken with kodachrome film. Although we didn't call those photos "HD" back then, they were just "photographs".

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What have I missed. Do I need to re read this thread? I was so excited I scanned it too fast.
-Film stock must be kept in the fridge. Footage as valuable as this would be stored correctly.
So what actually is on all that film?
Come on skeptics. Debunk, debunk!
Surely it wouldn't have been left there in the hope that someone with interest would discover it. More likely it would be discovered by kids who would roll the canisters down the local motor way (just as we did when we were kids, rolled priceless old australian country town footage down the road destroying an archive in an afternoon that was virtually irreplacable as we later found out.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just wanted to add that Mc Donald's must be used for many things. When I was moving I used the local storage sheds, we know the owners somewhat and when people don't pay there storage fee for so long they sell the stuff. When we were getting our stuff from storage they told us Mc Donalds had a shed there and they put a bunch of stuff in there and they never paid so they were going to sell it and we could go look and take anything we wanted for free.

We got a lot of goodies. So I think using places like this and cheap local run down storage areas is "priceless."

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
In all my life I have never seen an 'abandoned' McDonald's.

How often are McDonald's abandoned?

Seems like a difficult premise to accept to me.

But the footage that had been 'lost' was also strangely unlike any archival event to begin with.

We shall see.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I have one near me abandoned, and never reopened, as anything else. There must be like 10inches of grease under all those cooking machines
no one want to clean that! and above the ceiling tiles

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Wow, you know the economy must be bad if McDonald's are being abandoned like old Pizza Huts and Ruby Tuesdays'.

How the mighty have fallen.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by serpentine
-.....Film stock must be kept in the fridge. Footage as valuable as this would be stored correctly.....

That is an excellent point.

While the advice of extending the shelf life of batteries through refrigeration may be a little dubious, the storage of film stock is a different story. Most film does have an expiration date stamped on the protective casing, which generally means the film manufacturer guarantees the quality of their product until that date. Expired film can still provide decent photographs for the average amateur photographer, but increased graininess does become a factor. Extending the life of most film stock through refrigeration is actually a common practice among many professional photographers and is supported by the film manufacturers' own literature.

link

And we're talking about 40 year old footage here!!!!

Film that is 40 years old just stacked on the floor of an abandoned McD's just sounds like a lame attempt to give a premise to release some BS "never before seen PROOF" of junk on the moon.

While I reserve the right to make a determination as to the validity of the recent "find", I will not cry foul just yet. I want to see just what info or data is gleaned from this shocking discovery and make a determination from there.

Just off the cuff this sounds like a "set up" to divulge some more disinfo... just my opinion so far.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Alter-Ego]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This does not make any sense. Even if the moon has been mapped digitally since it would not make theses rolls worthless and WHY ARE THEY SET UP STUDIO IN AN ABANDONED MCDONALDS??? Please tell us more.
And if the footage is what it is said to be won't the spooks come around and take it all away?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join