It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Lunar Orbiter Tapes Found

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I freely admit that I have been fooled many a time in my life, and I agree this story is strange and a little confusing. But I for one don't consider Zorgon a hoaxer or liar. So why don't we all just calm down and wait for him to come back with more info?

I also checked out this Steve Jurvetson, who took the image in Zorgon's OP, and Mr. Jurvetson doesn't excactly seem like your average idiot, low life hoaxer. This is his impressive bio:

Steve Jurvetson is a Managing Director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson, a leading venture capital firm with affiliate offices around the world. He was the founding VC investor in Hotmail (MSFT), Interwoven (IWOV), and Kana (KANA). He also led the firm's investments in Tradex and Cyras, acquired for $8 billion. Current Board positions include Synthetic Genomics, IMMI, NeoPhotonics, and ZARS. Previously, Steve was an R&D Engineer at Hewlett-Packard, where seven of his communications chip designs were fabricated. His prior technical experience also includes programming, materials science research (TEM atomic imaging of GaAs), and computer design at HP's PC Division, the Center for Materials Research, and Mostek. He has also worked in product marketing at Apple and NeXT Software. As a Consultant with Bain & Company, Steve developed executive marketing, sales, engineering and business strategies for a wide range of companies in the software, networking and semiconductor industries. At Stanford University, he finished his BSEE in 2.5 years and graduated #1 in his class, as the Henry Ford Scholar. Steve also holds an MS in Electrical Engineering from Stanford. He received his MBA from the Stanford Business School, where he was an Arjay Miller Scholar. He also serves on the STVP Advisory Boards and is Co-Chair of the NanoBusiness Alliance. He was honored as "The Valley's Sharpest VC" on the cover of Business 2.0 and chosen by the SF Chronicle and SF Examiner as one of "the ten people expected to have the greatest impact on the Bay Area in the early part of the 21st Century." He was profiled in the New York Times Magazine and featured on the covers of Worth, Red Herring, and Fortune magazines. Steve was chosen by Forbes as one of "Tech's Best Venture Investors", by the VC Journal as one of the "Ten Most Influential VCs", and by Fortune as part of their "Brain Trust of Top Ten Minds." He was also honored with the "Advocate of the Year Award" by Small Times and chosen as one of "Nanotech's Power Elite" by the Forbes/Wolfe Nanotech Report. In 2005, Steve was honored as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum and a Distinguished Alumnus by St. Mark's.

www.dfj.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Rarely if ever are bif chains abandoned, unless it is in a remotr town that has gone bust, and this McD's looks fairly up to date. Franchises don't usually appear in risky areas where they may go bust. These chains are too good at what they do. That said it looks to be authentic, could be a movie set. The kitchen equipment looks real, that worth hundreds of grand, and would not be just left. What is going on here?

[edit on 26-9-2008 by serpentine]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
How do we know the guy doesn't keep all the canisters, in the Walk in fridge, and just brought out a couple hundred to show off in this little video?

Perhaps they just arrived and he has yet to put them in the cold storage.

This McDonalds could be owned by a friend of his and out of business.

No one knows the exact story, so quit acting like you do. There could be numerous reasons this film is on the floor of a clean, fairly new abondonned McDonalds.

We are all just speculating. Both sides.

There isn't enough proof yet to either 100% confirm or deny the validity of this story. So lets wait and see what happens, when this guy gets his bearings (pun intended), and see if he produces thousands of hours of unreleased HD orbiter film of the moon.

Until then, we can only speculate whether this story is true or false.

I find it plausible...at least.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hey, I got no idea what the caper is. It is interesting. Yes McD would have big walk in fridges......although old stock should be kept at a constant temprature, so I doubt he would take it in and out more than necessary. I am awaiting advice from a stock film expert. Should help although he probably wont answer until tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreadphil
First of all..why would you put such important data in an abandoned MCdonalds of all places? There are surely hundreds of other more well defended and secured locations than some old MCDonalds...and I agree with an earlier statement thatthis particular MCdonalds seems to have very modern looking equipment, I mean it looks like theres even still power to the building perhaps, while this is a wonderfull idea, the given facts of the story just dont seem to add up to a legitimate discovery.

Maybe this is a sign of the times. Because the US is now utterly bankrupt, they can no longer afford to hide stuff in mega underground alien bases and warehouses. McDonalds will have to do!

So maybe there is hope for the future after all. Maybe next someone will find all the Zero-Point Energy prototypes and back-engineered alien tech in an abandoned Starbucks somewhere?

But in all seriousness, as another poster said - it almost looks as if "someone" purposely left all that stuff there, right out in the open, so that it could be found....

[edit on 26-9-2008 by MrdDstrbr]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yeah. Imagine what you guys can turn all those big ugly Wallmarts into?

Space stations?

Sorry to anyone who works in them. I've never seen one except on tv.

Off topic but has anyone ever seen an abandoned megastone?

Surely there can't be more than a small bunch of abandon McD in the US, at least clean modern ones.

Is it a McD for sure or could it be any of the chains? Any burger flippers out there who can confirm it is McD.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It smells of cointelpro.
Well funded, yet operating from an abandoned McDonalds.
Already cooperating with NASA.
Therefor it's most likely an operation orchestrated to appear to "independently" disseminate disinformation to distract our feeble minds.
Works for me, I don't see any glass towers.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go outside and sniff some con trails, I'm starting to have independent thoughts.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Flicker thread is pointing out (by people that seem to know what they are talking about) that the "film" is perhaps not photographic but just some old format computer reel. So the imbedded info could be all sorts of data, possibly very dull and an anti ckimax to the moon pics.
Sorry if this is mentioned here already.
So is the big contraption this guys demonstrates just some old reel to reel reader computer? I didn't see his connection with the image of the moon and the tape.
Anyone?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well I can see why this photo was cropped in the op....

...the PIRATE FLAG is a little "over the top" if you ask me...

...credibilty...slowly....circulating ....around the....toilet bowl.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

This is what makes ATS a cut above the rest, people like you digging trying to find the truth. OP Photo should not have been cut therefore, this dramatically changes the complete authenticity of this.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well...as a 'friend' of Zorgon's....I am at a loss for words....or, more specifically, '1's and 'zero's.....

I've seen some really good CGI in my time....I imagine we al have, by now.

I agree that Zorgon would not intentially perpetuate a hoax....but, sometimes it's just fun to stir the pot and see what bubbles up???

just my $2 (inflation, as the Dollar crashes....)

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Not sure who's read Richard Hoagland's book Dark Mission, but in there he details an account from particular whistle blower about the top brass at NASA instructing him to get rid of all of the original Moon probe and Apollo film. Not to mention his own 1st had experience shows that NASA is less then honest when disclosing what pictures they have and will show. The pictures that come from space reportedly don't even have to be shown to us let alone be unaltered. Then you take into consideration all of the secret societies that surround NASA and the moon and who's in them, then things like this don't sound all that outrageous. Why would you put something like that in an abandon McDonalds? Maybe because theoretically it would take the public over 30 years to find them?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So it's a bunch of McD kids doing some market research with old data for 4 bux an hour. And they came up with this little story after smokin a doob out the back.......
Closed!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

GTFO!, did you reply to the wrong thread?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I read it quickly and can't listen to he video cause I'm djing. After reading another discussion on a different site the excitment disappeared fast.
So have I missed something in the video that proves the cannisters contain film and the machine used to play the footage is what the guy says it is?
Point it out to me cause I'm fascinated but it is looking like a hoax to me.

Although I did just read on another site someone who knew the machine they refer to do and seemed to agree it is one........

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

What do we know as a fact here?

1. This is a fast-food restaurant building of some type that is now closed.
2. The equipment is real and operational.
3. There are data canisters stacked on the floor.
4. The gentleman in the video is intelligent and seems legit.

What makes this seem like a hoax?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

There is no "digging". The OP clearly labels it a Pirate McDonalds and links to the original photos. All you have to do is read the post and follow the links and you will see that Zorgon is not trying to cover anything up.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
RE; the pirate flag , wouldn`t McDonald's have such paraphernalia after The Pirates of the Caribbean etc .
Yeah , that's a stretch isn`t it . This is just an oddity, such material in a burger joint.
Well then , wheres the OP ?
His reputation seems to be on the line.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

I don't know, Freengry2....

What I do know it is VERY expensive to purchase a McDonald's franchise...very, very expensive.

BUT, if you have the capital to invest, and you open a McDonald's.....then you WILL succeed.

Only place I've ever seen a McDonald's fail...is....well, nowhere!

UNLESS the community was so bad.....I have actual, personal experience with a McDonald's in a VERY bad neighborhood (Just up the street) that still thrives. They've even expanded!!

(For all interested, it is the McDonald's at the corner of 14th St and U St, NW, in Washington, DC.....wish I owned it!)

(EDIT).....had to add this, lest I be accused of being off-topic....the OP talked about an abandoned McDonald's.....and, I just don't see many of these 'abandoned' properties.....especially if they get leased right away, by a new company.

(Of course, the Gov't can throw money at something all they want, but, really??? An old McDonald's location???? REALLY????)

Second EDIT...for poor spelling....
[edit on 9/26/0808 by weedwhacker]

[edit on 9/26/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You want fries with that?

Must agree. This stinks like a three dollar bill on arbor day. But....cha' never know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join