It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. will lose (financial) superpower status: Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

U.S. will lose financial superpower status: Germany

www.reuters.com

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany blamed the United States on Thursday for spawning the global financial crisis with a blind drive for higher profits and said it would now have to accept greater market regulation and a loss of its financial superpower status.

In some of the toughest language since the crisis worsened earlier this month, German Finance Minister Peer Steinbrueck told parliament the financial turmoil would leave "deep marks" but was primarily an American problem.

"The world will never be as it was before the crisis," Steinbrueck, a deputy leader of the center-left Social Democrats, told the Bundestag lower house.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Terrapop]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The financial crisis is above all an American problem. The other G7 financial ministers in continental Europe share this opinion. Thus, they will not be willing to bail out the US...

This system, which is to a large degree insufficiently regulated, is now collapsing -- with far-reaching consequences for the U.S. financial market and considerable contagion effects for the rest of the world.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Terrapop]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I don't know if they will actually 'lose' the status, but when you look at how much the USA spends on war compared to the other major players... the numbers are phenomonal.

War Money Spent By Each Country.

According to the link I provided, the military spending this year for the USA was/is $623B... how much are they asking for the bailout???

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yep, like ron paul said, if america go home and stay in there borders, then they would not be bankrupt.

Good on germany for spelling it out, like it is.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This is very good news.
Less US influence throughout the world = Less wars, dictatorships and misery throughout the world.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
This is very good news.
Less US influence throughout the world = Less wars, dictatorships and misery throughout the world.

If America left the world alone=" more wars, dictatorships and misery"
I wish America could leave everyone alone and sit back and watch the countries around them crumble. America has done so much for other countries and now when it's in trouble everyone just sits there and hope's we fall. America isn't going anywhere "we the people " will make sure of that. We are the economy and if all go's wrong the people will fix it.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
How can you say that ?
USA has been the greatest Mass Murder since WW2

A world without america would be a peaceful world without so many psychopathic and obese americans and zionists.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by ergoli]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye

If America left the world alone=" more wars, dictatorships and misery"
I wish America could leave everyone alone and sit back and watch the countries around them crumble. America has done so much for other countries and now when it's in trouble everyone just sits there and hope's we fall. America isn't going anywhere "we the people " will make sure of that. We are the economy and if all go's wrong the people will fix it.

Don't be so blind!!!

It is true that the US is the main reason for Western Europe not being under a communist regime for 40 years but in the 15 odd years of the US being the only Superpower, it has caused and/or been a part of almost every conflict on the planet.

To be fair, the US did a lot for the world but because of your excessive greed, war mongering and manipulation over the last ten years, the rest of the world has been ready to turn its back you for quite a while now.
It is a pity though because it seems that the Majority of Americans, even though somewhat brainwashed by your government and ideals, did not profit from this or in many cases, even know about it.

How will 'you the people' fix this one when your country is now owned by banking elite?
We are not too far behind you with the new EU constitution coming it but still, unless you implement a full scale revolution, there is nothing you can do.

And just for the record, i don't think the US is going to completely collapse financially, you are just going to be on a level with the rest of the new superpowers - financially and militarily.

I just hope your government doesn't make a last ditch attempt at starting WW3 before you bow out of the spotlight.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Correction, the USA has lost its financial superiority.

No one has confidence in its system, its built on debt and run by criminals. Who would want to 'envy' or invest in that ?

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
How can you say that ?
USA has been the greatest Mass Murder since WW2

A world without america would be a peaceful world without so many psychopathic and obese americans and zionists.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by ergoli]

There's a few other contenders out there, friend - Stalin comes to mind, Mao, Pol Pot - and right now the Sudanese government is a huge contender for the prize with their systematic genocide of Black tribesmen in the Darfur region with a nod from China and other nations who would love to get their hands on more oil....
So please.....do NOT pretend that the European nations and along with their Asian counterparts do not have their hands bloody....
And where do you think the architects of this latest so called "financial crisis" and owners of the Federal Reserve bank live??? Not on U.S. soil...

and with the U.S. out of the picture you folk will now have NO excuse - I would, if I were a betting person, be watching the EU VERY closely from here on out cause you might miss the end game....

[edit on 25-9-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti

And where do you think the architects of this latest so called "financial crisis" and owners of the Federal Reserve bank live??? Not on U.S. soil...

On US soil

and with the U.S. out of the picture you folk will now have NO excuse - I would, if I were a betting person, be watching the EU VERY closely from here on out cause you might miss the end game....

Elaborate please, we're not up with ALL of the US propaganda on this side of the water and so have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

I am afraid that after the bail out planned to be shoved upon the tax payer of this nation, the first casualties of the cuts to finance that bail out will be the defense budget.

As many of us that follow the money trail knows that anything else in this nation has been shaved, cut and redirected to finance that budget.

Unless we are forced into paying higher taxes I have to bet on defense spending.

The only reason we are still a superpower status even when we are a bankrupt superpower is the incredible defense spending.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

The Federal Reserve was founded by a group of international bankers - some from the U.S and some not - It is not a part of the U.S. government but a private corporation - that's my point - the interests it represents are international and run without oversight....

The EU is slowly and methodically working its own interests as of course is natural for any group concerned with geopolitical power and siphoning off national sovereignty and individual rights but with much more finesse and sophistication....
- please read some of their security documents and other papers that can be found online...

www.statewatch.org...

this is not propaganda from the U.S. -In fact almost no one here knows who Javier Solano is or what he does or represents - this is just something I noticed by reading and doing a little research online...

My point is that while the U.S. has been complicit in a ton of dirty politics our European and Asian cousins are every bit as dirty but with the U.S. on the skids - well the field is wide open isn't it? Do you really think that slot will stay empty for long? ...If so you have much greater faith in human nature than I...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Ill just quote myself from above..

We are not too far behind you with the new EU constitution coming it

Yes, the EU looks better on paper and has a sort of French style finesse but is rotten at the core.

Do you really think that slot will stay empty for long? ...If so you have much greater faith in human nature than I...

Thats the thing, with a planet full of superpowers, who will do the meddling? And where? And how long will it be before they are at each others throats?

This is one of the main reasons for many EU citizens being against the proposed EU army. You could cause a lot of trouble with 2.2million high tech soldiers and a combined spending of 500billion euro.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Holy Crap!

This is one of the main reasons for many EU citizens being against the proposed EU army. You could cause a lot of trouble with 2.2million high tech soldiers and a combined spending of 500billion euro.

That right there is one hell of a thought.

I could only imagine what might happen with something like that occuring.

Scary

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Ill just quote myself from above..

We are not too far behind you with the new EU constitution coming it

Yes, the EU looks better on paper and has a sort of French style finesse but is rotten at the core.

Ahh I see your quote now -
I was so tired last night I missed it the first time around...but yeah its the same spirit at work in the EU as on our continent - to be honest though this is a tough scary time for our citizens, I think in the end it will be a blessing in disguise, because we will have no choice but to wake from our comfortable consumer sleep and build our character once more... so I say bring it on..."lets roll"...

new topics

top topics

join