It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strategy" in Rioting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
To remember our great President we may call this "stratigery" in rioting.

Anyways, I would like to paint a scenario for you. You are standing outside a shopping center (because you woke up and delayed all your priorities because of your concern with the economy) and find out that you are in the beginning stages of a uncontrollable riot.
Do you:

A) Run back into your car, bus, or apartment.
B) Decide to participate.

For the people that chose A, you are secure and safe. You must have plenty of food, water, and ammo to stay secure at home.
For the people that chose B may have an infinite amount of problems which includes the most important one- starvation.

For people that chose B, what do you raid first?

What would be the logical order to follow? The possibilities of places to riot are endless:

Home Depot, Best Buy, local super market, Wal-Mart, car lot, gardening store, McDonalds...

[edit on 25-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I should of known better than to ask for people to incriminate themselves... anyone, any brave souls?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
i'll reply to you. well most people are going to be going for wal-mart mostly for food or ammo. ammo is what you need to go for that and guns if don't have one that is. you see food is not going to do you any good when someone shoots you or something like that so it's best to beat them to the punch if you know what i mean. you can take food later it will get to the point when people shoot you for a candy bar so you got to get them first. now now im not telling you shoot at any and everything just keep an eye out for a person ploting to do you harm.
it's bad me and my bro talking about this a few hours ago.

you know we need to find a way to id other ATS members i'd hate to get shot down by one of our on if you know what i mean.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by alienseeker

Ammo, yes. I have thought about that one. I would like a lot of 22 cals even though they are a small round.

But it seems like you are saying that its going to be like that Japanese movie where a classroom of kids is given weapons and set loose into an island to kill each other.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
living in the uk we dont have the option of storing ammo or firearms. so the people who will be top dog are the ones who are already in possesion of these items i.e the gangs and gangsters. so it will be a prety sh**y time here if it does kick off. personally i would stock up on food and water and as many chemicals as to manufacture my own arsenal i.e pipe bombs, themite and the like.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AmbroseRokewood

Interesting. I never thought about chemistry. Pipe bombs and such. If things get desperate I will dive into that field, but for now I will not risk loosing any fingers or serious burns.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

well i have to say i never seen that movie. but you never know is what i mean. it might not be all that bad but on the other hand it could get rough. kid's with guns i don't even want to think about that. but you know i could see someone using a kid to do there dirty work for them there are some pretty sick people in the world.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

What would be the logical order to follow? The possibilities of places to riot are endless: Home Depot, Best Buy, local super market, Wal-Mart, car lot, gardening store, McDonalds...

I'd go to Best Buy and get me the biggest HDTV I could find!!

Just kidding, of course, but, that's the only way I'd ever get one.

I'm not the rioting kind, so I would probably go back to my car. I'm more into non-violent resistance/civil disobedience, which I practice every day in my own small way.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I believe it would depend on the response time of the local authorities and whether there is already a state of Martial Law in effect. In the Los Angeles Riots a few years back there was a disturbing trend by people not connected with the King case to openly riot whereever they could, grabbing things they normally couldn't afford. In this case they took advantage of a situation that developed in South Central Los Angeles and turned it into brazen thievery in other parts of Los Angeles.

I would bet that many of those people had no idea who Rodney King was.

Reference

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Easy, local sporting goods store! camping supplies, survival supplies, weaponry, like a little civilians armory!

*I did not actually say this, it was an involuntary spasm and cannot be held responsible for my actions so please don't bug my phone.. thanks*

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
LOL!Theres a strategy in rioting?Thats laughable.I almost got caught up in a riot in montreal once.I went the other way and went home.Sorry the law is the law and anyone deserves what they get for breaking it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

If rioting is city wide, or better yet, nationwide, the first thing emergency forces do is:

1: Sit back and observe.

There would be 3-6 hours of grabbing time.

new topics

top topics

join