It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Dimension film

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
reply to post by buds84

No such thing as 4d.

That's all I have to say.

From the first page of this thread. Maybe you should stick to your word.

Mathematical logic is not physically existent in three dimensions; is it therefore nonexist?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

Now you're getting ignored because you're impatient and not observant. You made that post at 5:17 Pst, my next post came in at 5:18 pst with a fair amount of writing in it. I didn't have time to reply yet, nor did I even read your post yet. Good-bye.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
You're only limited by your imagination.

Exactly what I'm saying. No imagination goes beyond or below 3d.

I don't fear Einstein.

I'll be back later. Must eat.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I know people would dis agree with me but my view of a 1-D entity is an Atom & Nucleus. Nucleus is the core of the atom and the size of the Nucleus to an Atom is one red blood cell inside a Human. Thats how small it is.

I look at a 2-D being is a germ, cell or virus. They are intelligent beings though many would'nt look at it like that.
Red and white blood cells go after bad viruses and try to kill it. This is a form of intelligence, same with a virus. (Try not to flame I use my imagination and these are just my views, I'm not trying to push it on anyone else)

Now I can't say for sure but I don't think cells/viruses have eyes to see what it's doing, so it only knows up and down left right and may not have a concept of time.
So if your looking at a cell/germ/virus on a microscope, and the cell happened to have eye's and you place an object in front of it, say a pin, it would only see a sliced view of the pin and then maybe try to touch it, then it notices it can climb up, so it climbs up the pin.
I like to think of this as a 2-D being living in 3-D space even thou it doesn't have any concept of 3-D.

When I think of a 4-D being, I like to think of an advanced alien life form.
I believe aliens are visiting Earth (we have a lot of UFO's in Toronto here)

Now the fastest thing us humans know about is light.
As far as science goes light is the fastest thing, which of course is not true.
For aliens/UFO's to get here in a timely manner, they have to be traveling much faster than the speed of light. Seeing as the closest star is 5 light years away (and they most likely are not from that one star system) they would have to be traveling faster than that to get around effectively.
That means they must be using some kind of worm hole or holes that are short cuts to different parts of of space (I could be wrong of course), or they are seeing things we can't see that are in 4-D (maybe energy lines, or maybe worm holes ARe on the the 4-D and we can't see them yet)
I personally think these aliens see things that we can't.

When you look into Super string theory, Dark matter and Dark energy, we start noticing galaxies with very strange shapes and supposedly star systems with planets not shaped like our world (sphere), but in strange strings-like forms. Now if life are on theses planets they might not see their planet as the string-form we see, but from there own perspective of course. ( you gotta do you own research on this, it gets complicated, I learned some of this from www.teach12.com...)
There are places in the universe that have things in them but are invisible to us, we are trying to find way to detect parts of the universe still of course.

Anyways take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm not claiming to be an expert but I like to use my imagination, and when we talk about things that are not so well known, your educated guess is as good as anyone else guess, including scientists.

But we have reached far enough in math and science now to know that there are other realms and 4-D pretty much is real it can't be disproved.
You gotta keep an open mind, nothing is impossible, but for us time makes everything possible seeing as just about everything can be done as time goes by and we advance.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Here is something for you to all ponder.

Everyone of your 5 senses can be deceived, so how can you ever prove anything?

What is absolute?

What is real or reality?

I have a hard enough time trying to understand my own reality, let alone make judgments about what others choose, think or see.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The point is that the Earth is circular, it is round, it is ellipsoidal and spherical, it is definitely NOT flat. That is an absolute. Absolutes DO exist.

Yes, I see that point...but isn't it also a matter of perspective....so, when viewed from a distance the Earth does indeed appear flat. Perspectives change depending upon your distance from the object...so the Earth from a distance is, dare I say it (for wont of a better word) '2-D', or flat, or circular (Which can be 'flat'), then as one gets nearer it becomes '3-D', or sperical etc ?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

reply to post by buds84

I know everything about this. Please keep your assumptions to yourself and only make remarks about my character and my knowledge until you actually know about my character and knowledge.

Well let's bring everyone up to speed!

LOVE, claims that he

has no bias blindspot,

has a completely objective view of reality,

has flawless/perfect logic,

has the ability to break intangible things,

has the ability to diagnose people of mental illnesses over the internet,

and most recently has ABSOLUTE KNOWLEDGE that there is no fourth dimension.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If there was a 4th dimension there would have to be a 5th, 6th and infinite dimensions.
There is just one dimension or should I say "reality". It's not 3, it's one and entirely made of particles, atoms, etc. What we call 3 dimensions are just coordinates of this reality.
The human brain always tries to complicate everything. All these recent extra dimensions are just a product of theoretical mathematicians that want to fit the Universe into their equations.
I hear people saying shadows are 2D
what the hell?!? shadow is just less light being reflected into our eyes! Jesus...

Humans...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Hey man, I believe your signature pretty much sums it up...
It must be really odd living in a world of complete absolutes, when as has been pointed out in this thread, we as humanity, as a collective know very little of anything that matters, our ego trips and believing that the human mind is the center of it all, and that thus human thought can achieve knowledge of everything at once.

This is not even about dimensions anymore, but of our own self imposed limits, the knowledge of it all would clearly point out the boundaries of what is and what isn't possible, in the infinite possibilities of the Universe and the Multiverse we have only probed so much.

I do applaud the fact that someone is able to stand up for its beliefs, to debate and sustain what one has "discovered", but when that defense is based on rhetoric and semantics, well, things loose meaning in the labyrinth of words.

If no other dimensions exist, then all of the near death experiences, ghostly apparitions and other contacts from beyond "normal reality" then millions must be imagining things, thousands must be completely naive, and the remainder don't have a clue.

I've had my share of anomalous experiences, I also know people that have had them, and that is not going to change, one can believe in anything and everything, but no one can uphold its views as complete truths, no matter what, if this is the case, then either one is very naive, or one is related to some fascist general of old, or even worse, the renaissance, science and spiritual experiences have no value at all, and I believe that is not the case...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Here is something for you to all ponder.

Everyone of your 5 senses can be deceived

especially when your drunk. you only realise it once you wake up in the morning turn over and argghhhh! what was i thinking!. just like the flat earthers.

its kinda of like the same thing with everything really. we are all kind of drunk and can only precieve things in our current state of advancement, anything that exsists out of that state dos'nt exsist as most people are concerned or care, because it's 'impossible' is'nt it? well how would we know unless we wake up and look around and explore every possibility? and stop limiting our minds.

limiting research or viewpoints is suppressing new discoveries. lots of things end up wrong, even things that were taken as truth in the past, but you have to keep exploring first to know that, you cannot just down the tools and say "the jobs done" "nobody can question it now or explore anything that contridicts my opinions".

thats why we advance all the time, we never down the tools(as a race, that is), although you do get individuals who come along and go "stop what your doing" "your wrong" "you cannot explore that possibility". they hold back humanity.

im unsure about this 4th dimension stuff, but thanks for sharing the possibility, i enjoyed the read.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
For all of you that actually think you have a grip on reality or whatever it is you want to call this state we are in.

And this one is a real mind screw. I know that all the logicians on this site will agree that the one absolute thing we can agree on is numbers and math.

Now the next time you have a dream or are in a dream state and can become lucid find some numbers or letters and look at them. What happens? well if you look at them for more than a few seconds they change right before your eyes.

This is my way of knowing I am dreaming, then I can somewhat control or explore my dream, whatever the hell dreams are. lol

I know one thing we all have this yearning that calls us, something we are looking for, waiting for, but none of us really remember or know what it is. Some people find something in life and hold their ideals like a child holds his comfort blanket and if someone tries to take or challenge his comfort zone, look out.

I know what we seek is not in this dimension or what we can sense or see, in the now, because if it was we wouldn't be debating, fighting, confused, scared, worried, doubting, about anything in this world.

It would be absolutely perfect whatever dimension it was on and no need to look further. We'll find it soon..........

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Through M-Theory, there are at least 11 dimensions, all have been proven mathematically.

If you don't believe in a fourth dimension, what are all of your beliefs overall?

I am a man of science, I don't believe in god, and I believe that the human mind is feeble too

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

That reminds me an episode of batman. He finds out he is dreaming because in dreams you can't read (the part of your brain that reads is sleeping). Now I'm going to pay extra more attention to my dreams to see if that ALWAYS applies.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
reply to post by Realtruth

That reminds me an episode of batman. He finds out he is dreaming because in dreams you can't read (the part of your brain that reads is sleeping). Now I'm going to pay extra more attention to my dreams to see if that ALWAYS applies.

I can guarantee you that it will all of the others that I have chatted with over the past 20 years on lucid dreaming will say the same thing. Numbers and letters change before you eyes. It's really cool the first few times, because you get so excited when you discover your dreaming, due to that particular event.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You guys are so grounded its scary. The existence of a fourth dimension is not a matter or belief or proof. For that matter no physical proof can ever be made because they arent physical dimensions. You guys didnt even mention dimensions 5-11? You have to understand how this universe works before you go around downing open minded people.
3dimensions=physical, how can I provide you physical proof of anything higher? Now lets elevate our understanding a little. Mathematics can take us places that our minds cant even fathom(infinity or its polar opposite zero for example). Equations from the most elite scientist and mathmaticians all conclude that in order for just 3 dimensions and time(3+1)to exist 11 have to present. 4-11takes nor makes up no space. So the only proof your asking for is Math I am currently reading a book tilted, "The biography of zero. A dangerous Idea" It has some very powerful mathematics than can easily change ones logic. If you require me to post some excerpts I will tommorow after work.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS]

[edit on 25-9-2008 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
Well let's bring everyone up to speed!

You again
Shall we reveal your fallacies and failure to follow along through my posts? Here we go then!

LOVE, claims that he

Sort of. No, objective reality vs. subjective delusion reveals that IT... (I don't really claim these things so much as reality does, I just speak for it.)

has no bias blindspot,

has a completely objective view of reality,

has flawless/perfect logic,

Very good.

has the ability to break intangible things,

More like disprove intangible things. Right reality? Objective Physical Reality: Yes, Love. L.O.V.E.: Thanks objective physical reality, you always overcome the intangible!

Yes, a detachment from physical reality: schizophrenia. There are variations, I'll leave it up to y'all to do the research on that disorder/syndrome and word. Truly, truly believing in invisible friends and invisible objects that don't interact with and can't be detected and aren't attached to physical reality in any way is a bit odd, JPhish... Yeah, objective reality and flawless logic say that would be derangement and subjective delusion... i.e. insanity. Which most of you are, yes. Not all, most. For those of you who aren't, don't worry and you'll take no offense, for those of you who are, you'll take offense immediately.

and most recently has ABSOLUTE KNOWLEDGE that there is no fourth dimension.

That's correct. Still waiting for the 1d, 2d, and 4d objects to appear on my doorstep
My objective psychic powers predict with 100% certainty that you will not be able to give me any (invisible, non-existent) 4d, 1d, or 2d objects. Have a good night. Hey, I like all those stars, they're pretty, why don't you guys throw a few my way? Am I making too much sense?

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

You should explain it to us yourself. Given the content of this thread and the education and knowledge that so called "learnt" members are presenting, I now highly doubt that you fathom the aspects of dimensions 5-11, just as the other members don't fathom 3d reality and think that the word dimension, when used to describe facets of ability, can be loosely quoted out of context and get past me. Why not just settle on the truth instead of tying to beat me? I can't lose, I really can't, because it's not only me. This isn't opinion, this is our reality. You're only losing to yourself.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish

That's right. Psychological disorders and symptoms can be detected through words alone when those words are used by the person using them to honestly explain the his or her self, that is unless I'm being lied to about who you are and what you know and/or believe in, in which case you're a liar, and if you're always lying to me then you're a habitual liar(unless you're being sarcastic and having fun at other people's extent through not telling them that you're intentionally lying, which makes one sort of a con-artist, a bit inconsiderate of others and unaware of one's actions because it's the internet and you should let someone know when you're joking if they're not sure.). All I need to determine that is the word. I trust that in this thread there was no joking or lying, just ignorance resulting in a physical detachment from objective physical reality; i.e. insanity, schizophrenia and at time subjective delusion.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Just for the hell of it...

Everything is relative.

That is all "I" have to say...

P.S. for now

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
the past still exists.

No, the energy of the past still exists, the knowledge of the past still exists, the past itself is no longer in the state it used to be in, that's why it is past and not present.

when we see the light from a star, it can be thousands of years old. so, in "our time" the star is plain to see, yet, in "real time" the star no longer exists,

The star doesn't exist in "our time" or in "real time". The thing that exists in the case that you're explaining after the star explodes are the photons that continue to traverse space.

If I shoot a bullet straight up and immediately place the gun in a vat of acid that melts it, it doesn't mean that the gun still exists just because the bullet is still traveling through space, just a the star doesn't still exist just because its light is still traveling through space.

so because information is energy, and energy can neither be created nor destroyed, the object is existing in two places at once.

No, no, no. The object only exists in one place at a time, however the light it emitted still exists which gives us information that it existed how ever many light years ago that it took that light to reach us.

For example, if Tau Ceti, a star 4 light years away blew up, we wouldn't know this until 4 years after it did, but once we did know that it blew up (stopped receiving light) we'd know that it blew up 4 years ago to the day we stopped receiving its light.

And yes, light exists in the 3 dimensional fabric of space. Space and time are interdependent, so is light and space. Just like everything else,: Light can not exist if there is no vacuum or atmosphere that has height, width and depth. Light is 3 dimensional.

[edit on 26-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join