It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Happening

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
I was almost overwhelmed by a feeling of Panic. In one split second, I saw all the dots connect concerning 9-11, The War on Terror, The Patriot Act, The Iraq "War", The Bailout, The next POTUS, U.S. Politics and the Fed (up).
It aaaallll clicked for one shiney, glowing moment. I saw the past. I saw the present and then I saw the future.

It sounds like YOU are referring to political change (our government seizing unheard of powers) which does seem to be more believable all the time. Governments do crazy things, apparently ours is reaching that point.

When I read the OPS post I hear more of a 2012, world-ends-as-we-know-it spiritual epiphany sort of change, not just a government gone mad, which governments are prone to do.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've felt it my whole life, and I feel it most keenly now. It is something I feared for a long time, not knowing where my place would be, if I would be prepared. Now I understand that the preparations were made before me and all is as it should be. I know I have nothing to fear and I find peace. A world falls and another rises. What we do with what we have left is what matters. That has always been the message.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I know the feeling too. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I feel "it". "It" almost feels like you can somehow feel that one more step has been taken closer towards the/an end or towards "it" being revealed. I think though, that the feeling more describes the latter. Like we're getting closer and closer to "it" being revealed whatever "it" is, and once we get there, there's no turning back. No time to make another choice or prepare anymore, but to live with what we've chosen and just do what we can when the time comes.

I don't know, just a weird feeling lol

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Thank You Cuhail.

I have hestitated to put out this thought, but perusing the world I had to put it out there. Folks are panicking, they are on the border of freaking out. Whatever it is, it is happening, but I think the most important thing is not to freak out, to go to that quiet place inside and relax and, I guess, trust.

I just wanted to remind those that already aware, even if they didn't know they were.

VTurtle

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wont go into the details of what "it" is or is not meant by your post, but I can say I agree with the fear thing you bring up.

I LOVE security. I am very good about saving money, (not that I am rich or anything) but I have always needed to have money in the bank to feel right with the world. My own personal "weakness" psychologically. Now, there is every possibility that every penny I have ever saved may disappear in a heartbeat, and for whatever reason, I am just not worried about it.

I would have thought that this would have been one of my "worst case scenarios" in the past, but for whatever reason, I am totally fearless about the whole thing. And not because I dont believe it can happen, I DO believe it can happen, I just am not afraid of it. I think a lot of people are feeling the same, look how many have turned on the governments attempts to use fear to get us to just hand over the power and money this time? The dominant thing I hear from people is, "bring it on, let it fall, we can figure it out." That is a HUGE difference from how people normally react when faced with catastrophe. Normally people in fear just hand over everything, no questions asked. Not this time.

I think there has been some change in the collective psyche. I think some threshold has been crossed as it relates to fear of the unknown and I for one am thrilled about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
im much different.. change.. I love change.. I say bring it on.. change is good.. life is so dull.... unless you have change... somthing to get the blood flowing.. somthing to fight for.. or fight against.. im sick of the same old same old . thats why people on this site want to believe there is a big foot in a freezer.. or that a spaceship is gonna appear for all to see down in alabama..life on mars.. moon bases.... a hollow earth... aliens living among us.... there lifes are so dull... they would love that stuff to happen.. they get excited about it for a bit.. then it passes.. and life goes on as usual..

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

Hey, I found your post insightful and fulfilling. I don't know how out of the shoot people were taking sides and calling you an apocalyptic doomsday sayer, I certainly didn't see any of that. I got that you said when we feel fear to rise above it, that we have a little paradise inside of us and that's the truth no matter how we ever feel.

Hey, don't worry about those few that can't follow along, I just put them on ignore eventually, it's sad really when the words are right in front of them and they still can't grasp what is being said.

Most of the time it is their own projections of how they feel inside, which is fearful and apocalyptic. Other times they're just trying to make a point, where a point wasn't necessary nor fitting.

Anyway, cool post. I understood the message.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by Cuhail
I was almost overwhelmed by a feeling of Panic. I saw the past. I saw the present and then I saw the future.

When I read the OPS post I hear more of a 2012, world-ends-as-we-know-it spiritual epiphany sort of change, not just a government gone mad, which governments are prone to do.

Definitely a beautiful essay, Vic -- really expresses a great point of view, done eloquently.

HOWEVER -- I agree with Sonya, who shines light on this in a very important way. This time is no different than other times. We've had some significant moments. This really isn't one of them. It is called HYPE, and it is quite entertaining and thought provoking, but not reflective of anything real.

Don't think I am disparaging your essay though. It was very poetic and moving. Starred and flagged.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What is happening is the blinders are being taken off and we can see our government and thus our life for what it is. The current financial situation shows me how utterly corrupt the system is when the corporations get taxpayer money. It has been a long thought out plot for consolidation of wealth and power in the hands of elites / multinational corporations. In my opinion a lot of the other stuff out there is there to distract us from what is going on above the heads of elected governments.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I'm aware of this feeling too. Feel like things are speeding up? Like we're headed to a point where we're just going to redline and won't be able to go any faster?

This "It" that you speak of, I feel, is our consciousness. Our consciousness is speeding up, or rather the evolution of our consciousness is speeding up...and this process will get faster and more intense over the next few years until.... well who knows.

You're not alone in feeling this way. Many more are feeling it too. Trust this. You're consciousness is nudging you to wake up, telling you something, it's intuition man, the time is now. Consciousness is taking over. All the chaos happening out there is the evolution of consciousness manifesting itself, and I believe it will become more chaotic as the vibrations of this evolution intensify.

All I know is that after realizing this I've found a true inner peace, a sort of sanctuary from all the crazy crap going on right now. And it's only going to get crazier... the only way thru it, I feel, is to find your consciousness, find yourself and follow your intuition.

Whatever it is, it's most definitely been happening...it's been happening for a very long time now and we're close to reaching the pinnacle... these are very special times indeed.

The Egyptians knew it, the Mayans knew it... look for yourself, it's in stone.

More and more are feeling something OP, you're one of the lucky ones.
Is anyone else going through this?

Peace.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

I meant "heavy" in the Marty McFly sense. The OP spoke of a, seemingly, imporant world event. At the time that I posted there were very few responses and I was hoping to recieve further clarification...buuuuut that has not occured as of yet. As of now I'm thinking this post is probably whole lotta nothin'.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Fear not!
Behind every cloud there’s a silver lining.
Behind every hurt there’s a wound healing.
Behind every nightmare there’s a dream brewing.
Behind every tear there’s a heart smiling.
Behind every fear there’s a strength growing.
Never forget that the Power behind you is greater than anything before you.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkly_Eyed777
I know the feeling too. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I feel "it". "It" almost feels like you can somehow feel that one more step has been taken closer towards the/an end or towards "it" being revealed. I think though, that the feeling more describes the latter. Like we're getting closer and closer to "it" being revealed whatever "it" is, and once we get there, there's no turning back. No time to make another choice or prepare anymore, but to live with what we've chosen and just do what we can when the time comes.

I don't know, just a weird feeling lol

I know exactly what you mean, Sparkly. Well said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join