It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 million more children should get flu shots, feds say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Text Yellow

(CNN) -- All children 6 months to 18 years old should receive the flu vaccine this year, offering protection to an additional 30 million children, federal officials said Monday

Federal officials also discussed how the formulation for the vaccine was changed for this flu season. Each vaccine consists of three strains, but two of the strains proved ineffective last year.

Having children of my own these statements concern me as too what new strains were put in.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by MREALE]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
But of course, we can't have Big Pharma losing money can we?

Truth is, some say (rather authoritatively) that the 'flu' vaccine's hazards are equivalent to the flu itself. Plus there's the whole nervous system side effects issue, which we are not to discuss on national television or MSM.

It never ends with these people.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There is no evidence that any vaccine does anything but compromise the body in innumerable ways - which leads to illness - which leads to even MORE Big Pharma profits, above and beyond selling the vaccine in the first place.

If you love your children, don't inject them with all the poisons used in the manufacturing of these so-called "helpful" chemical brews.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I agree with your opinion.
I also suspect this was how small pox vacinations/aids was spread in africa back in the 70's enoculations.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

First I want to point out that there is scientific prove that the HIV Virus - causing the AIDS disease - is a mutated virus from primates and that most infections in the beginning stage of this disease where caused by infected blood used from blood donations. Since then the control on blood donations includes an HIV test and new blood of new donators is not used the first 2 times given the long incubation period of the virus.

Second I believe that vwe should be happy that vaccinations are available and as such children are no loger at risk of mutulation by polio for instance

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Flu shots contain mercury, one of most potent neurotoxins known to man. Any dose, no matter how small, causes brain damage. Anybody who voluntarily gets one of these is as mad as a hatter(or soon will be).

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I quit taking the vaccinations and allowing my kids to take them after the fall/winter of 03/04 when the flu seemed to be worse than normal. I watched some friends of mine catch the flu who didn't go through any abnormal complications. Just got the flu and got over it, yet they hadn't had the vaccinations. My sons and I got extremely sick. My oldest ended up with pnemonia which was terrifying considering that other ppl's babies were dying that year.

None of us have suffered more than a cold since and oddly enough, we haven't been vaccinated since. I am not knowledgeable enough to say what is or isn't the shots, but that year we were not alone in being vaccinated and getting more sick than those who hadn't been.. that to me spoke volumes.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Flu shots contain mercury, one of most potent neurotoxins known to man.

Correct. I'm not sure on the % but vaccines contain Thiomersal as a preservative and it contains 49-50% mercury.
The same goes for tooth fillings, they put that in our mouths, yet when there disposed of, you see the workers wearing bio-hazard suits. Whats up with that?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Woman on the moon
reply to post by MREALE

First I want to point out that there is scientific prove that the HIV Virus - causing the AIDS disease - is a mutated virus from primates and that most infections in the beginning stage of this disease where caused by infected blood used from blood donations. Since then the control on blood donations includes an HIV test and new blood of new donators is not used the first 2 times given the long incubation period of the virus.

Second I believe that vwe should be happy that vaccinations are available and as such children are no loger at risk of mutulation by polio for instance

You might want to review these threads before any claim to denying ignorance is made...:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a vid that shows the data on polio and how the occurrence was dropping as better diets and cleanliness took hold in the population. There was a spike UPWARD as the vaccine was introduced:

www.youtube.com...

Think about the fact that Big Pharma makes money off vaccines. Think about the fact that they "kick back" to the doctors for every prescription/administration of the drugs they sell (therefore, all MD's have a conflict of interest). Think about the ingredients they use to produce these drugs.

Think hard.

[edit on 9/25/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have gotten ill after every flu shot I ever received. But I am border line lupus. At least that's what the cleveland clinic told me.

Some people swear by them. I do not.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
does it really help?
Not according to this article.

www.time.com...

I see that three new flu types are in this years abundant stock of 146 million shots.

Last year only 113 out of 140 million shots were used.

261 million "qualify" for shots, (I assume that is the 6 month to 18 year range), Recommended up from 6 months to 5 years previously.\

read it here.
www.time.com...

So I look at it like this. They (the Federal Government and the CDC) want to give this shot containing 3 flu strains, (all new which is not unprecidented but rare), to every kid from 6 months to 18 years, and under 9 yrs, they want to give you 2 shots, and I'm sure the adults as well, (including recommending pregnant women and all over 50, those with chronic medical conditions, as well as pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine for all 65 and older)
check it out here
www.cnn.com...

and the death rate has gone up and up,

Now here's what gets me.

from content:
www.cnn.com...

"This year's formulation consists of three viral strains: Influenza A/Brisbane/59/2007 (H1N1), Influenza A/Brisbane/10-2007 (H3N2) and Influenza B/Florida/4/2006."

but then, from content:
www.cnn.com...

first, antivirals for fighting the flu?

"These two antivirals are recommended for treating the flu virus:
•Zanamivir (Relenza)
•Oseltamivir (Tamiflu)
Each of these drugs can cause side effects, including lightheadedness, nausea, loss of appetite and difficulty breathing. They can also lead to the development of antiviral-resistant viruses"

next, How about that flu shot?

"It does not, however, protect you against noninfluenza viral infections, such as those that cause the common cold. Many people mistakenly believe they won't get sick at all if they have a flu shot. Unfortunately, that's not the case."

I haven't had a flu shot since the 70's. I have only been sick once, when I moved to a dryer, higher more extreme climate, and I cant say for sure it was a flu or just a cold.

If this years inacculations are so advertised, (you can even get them at the voting booth one article says), and they increased the range of "qualifying" people, (i.e. our kids), with 3 new strains, (which is evidently rare enough that they had to throw in that it is not unprecidented), and they have just as much control group data stating the shots are ineffective as the once who say it could be the wrong strain when not effective, or the control group was not large enough to get an accurate percentile, (which is saying basically, we can't prove it helps what-so-ever, but your data saying it doesn't help is insufficient)

Then there can only be one conclusion.
If it smells like a rat, tastes like a rat, and poisons you like a rat, then they want to kill a lot more rats this year.

That must be the master plan for stocking all those FEMA coffins. See the threads below:

Please someone tell me my imagination is running wild.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I had to add this link.

A call to a flu vaccine maker. a must listen.
uk.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So I have a "flu mist" permission form in my daughters school info... I guess I should reconsider eh? Has anyone checked on those as opposed to the shot?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

You might want to read through the CDC's information sheets about the different vaccines: Seasonal Flu Vaccination.

The spray vaccine does not contain mercury or thimerosal. Some (but not all, I'm pretty sure – I'll check it out) of the injectable influenza vaccines do still have thimerosal.

The spray vaccine uses live viruses, while the shot does not. Therefore, you are more likely to have a mild bout of flu after the spray vaccine. Keep in mind that part of the argument for vaccination is not that it prevents the illness, but that it makes having the illness less severe – there are fewer hospitalizations and long-term effects.

There is information on the page I linked about the flu vaccine and Guillaume-Barre (sp?) syndrome. I don't know where the poster got the information that we're not allowed to talk about it from – it's up there on a government site.

I tend to be pro-vaccine, but I admit I'm on the fence about giving the flu vaccine to healthy people. It is almost always perfectly safe, but then it's also almost always perfectly safe to have the flu, if you're healthy.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I know some people are going to say I am lying at what I say next but I am not, I swear.

I am 48 years old and have never had the flu a day in my life. I do however get pneumonia about every 4 or 5 years.

I believe if I were to ever get the flu I would literally think I was dying based on what I have heard people say about how bad it is. My Dr. keeps pressing me every year to get the flu vaccine but I wont do it, because I am afraid if I introduce this strain into my bloodstream I will get the flu.

I don't believe for a minute that a child that young needs this protection unless they have other medical problems which would allow the flu to compromise their immune system or the flu would kill them.

I am sure it is a good vaccine and keeps people alive, it's just not for me IMO.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh goodness, vaccines are so horible...

It's one thing to want to vaccinate against a legitimate threat... the case could be made for polio and measles, back in the day.

But for the flu? Come on!

People should know better... first of all the immune system needs challenges here and there, like the flu, to stay healthy... second of all, in the long runs all vaccines like that do is allow nature to create super-strains, same as with antibiotics... third off, others have provided the links, but it doesn't work!

I have been so disturbed by this trend to vaccinate children against deadly, but extremanly rare diseases... like HPV and that new menengitis one.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
well, I think you convinced me... My daughter is healthy..I will pass on the flu mist. Thanks everybody.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Wow, Great and useful information.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Look, people get sick. Its all part of living. The more you're exposed to these things, the more your immune system works. And what happens then? Your immune system gets STRONGER. Why the hell would you get a flu vaccination when all it really does is weaken your immune system? I'm sick right now as a matter of fact, I really dont know if its the flu or just a cold. My throat is scratchy, my nose is congested, it wont stop running. I cant stop sneezing, and my head is so clouded that it hurts my ears to talk. I think its the flu, but whatever it is it sucks.

I have never had a flu shot. I think its pointless. I'd rather get sick and make my body stronger to the flu, that way in the long run I wont get as sick as often (which right now is about 1 time a year, if that). The more children are exposed to things while they are younger, the less likely they will develop allergies, and the less likely they will be sick as much in their adult life. Its nature. How do you think we made it this far? Our bodies are machines, feed it right, maintain it, and it wont let you down. Be as healthy as you can be, and dont believe all of the miracle cures out there.

Depression is one of those, but I wont get into a heated ramble over it.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I don't get flu shots, neither does my husband, and we will not get one for my son. First of all, its the flu
its not some incurable disease that you will have for the rest of your life. Actually, its quite the opposite. If you get the flu, you body becomes immune to it and you prob. won't get it again. Your body produces natural immunities to these kind of things. Why fix it if it aint broken is how I see it. Old people, thats a dif. story because their bodies can't fight it off.. So they should prob. get it.. But not people that are healthy.

top topics

join