Lately i've been making a string of correct predictions mainly related to the stock market, but other stuff too. I'm currently running 5.5 out of
6, with the half being the Russia/Georgia thing. I knew it was going to happen, but I thought it was going to be much bigger than it actually was.
When I woke up this morning and saw that the market tanked on opening, then recovered after the global rate cut, I was like, "oh good. I'm wrong!
good news for us."
Now it's dropping like a stone *again.* It sucks being me.
If anyone's curious, I called a 600+ point drop in the Dow today, 800+ if the Nikkei tripped a breaker after I went to bed. They were dangerously
close as of 1:30AM EST.
Well, now that i've thoroughly drifted, here's my personal observations on post-economical collapse USA.
Anyone that thinks it'll be like the depression again is SEVERELY deluded. A few items that help back up my hypothesis:
1. Americans will have gone from "top of the world" to scraping just to get by. That kind of rapid transition will cause horrible amounts of
2. We do not have the entitlement (gimme! They *owe* us!) sense back in the thirties that we do now.
3. People knew how to take care of themselves back then. Now, people think that hamburger meat is grown on a bloody tree somewhere.
4. People had a stronger sense of morals then than they do now. They were less apt (in general) to do harm to other people to get "stuff."
5. The government did not have the "iron fist" mentality that it does now, for the most part and with few exceptions. If the natives start getting
restless, .gov will clamp down and clamp down hard.
6. Less population = smaller needs.
7. This is going to sound terribly racist, but it's my honest observation. Back then, the population was less racially diverse. White people pretty
much had a monopoly on everything. Now, we've got blacks killing whites, latinos killing blacks, so on and so forth. Couple that with the amount of
the minorities on entitlement programs, and you get a race war powder keg with a short fuse begging to be lit. Sad to see it, but it's true.
History shows us that a diverse population cannot and will not stand for very long. Example: Rome (the Goth immigration was a *big* part of their
downfall), Persian Empire (Cyrus/Cambyses/Darius encouraged cultural diversity), and Egypt.
If it collapses "soft," we might be ok. If it collapses quickly with a meteoric crash landing...well..Let's just say I won't be here at this
house because i've recognized the fact that it is indefensible a long time ago.