It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF USA economy fails what will our daily lives become???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So with the financial markets in the Global stock market, especially the USA market being pummeled. And the market not responding to any of these emergency measures like banning short selling and this new Paulson plan.... I think we could see our economy completely crash and come to a standstill. People would not be able to borrow money, yet being forced to pay back all debts and loans. Prices would sky rocket as the value of our dollar crashes. People would become homeless and many would lose their savings.

So what will happen to us? I see two scenarios.

-----------------

1) The government will lose control and people will take over their own lives. We will live like the first great depression. People will be less responsive to laws and more of a every man for themselves approach. We will start over from ground zero. Starting a new trade based economy which wil be based on food, technology, gold/silver, US coins as they will still hold value based on their metal content. we will go through a huge initial loss but i think a new base for reformation would be set and we would begin a RAPID economic regrowth once the dust settles.

----------------------

I THINK IS MOST LIKELY

2) The government strengthens control and essentially eliminates the free market. people become forced to resume going to work. Even if they aren't being paid they will be promised food, gas, and a house to live in which they couldn't afford since the economy is gone. whither the governments buys out the mortgages for heir houses or moves them to a projects style living arrangement in large apartment complexes that can be easily monitored and run like a very low security prison. I believe the more important/wealthy people as judged by the governments ,such as doctors,lawyers, judges, wealthy business people, and media and also people who already have fully paid off their houses an can pay a property tax will be allowed to have less strict living arangements. but the working class will become overly monitored to ensure they are still working. this will basically become a communist style police state. So basically the government will try and keep the blood running through a dead body with hopes it will be revived.

Anyone who inst wealthy or has a very high level of schooling will in turn become a slave of the government. and the will be willing because they will have food and a bed to sleep in.

----------------------------------

I just think this is looking more and more like a reality. Our own government cant sustain the massive spending were currently spitting out, and every bubble is bursting which is just spilling into all the other sectors of the market. Were just tryign everything we can to delay the inevitable. Something is going to happen soon. We cant just keep spending money until our national debt is 100trillion! we are currently just spending money like their is no tomorrow because the government knows there is no tomorrow and that they wont have to pay it back.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The country falls apart when the dollar it's based upon doesn't work, people on welfare/projects etc start looting they have no other way to get food.

You need guns and lots of ammo and stored food.

I wish you luck.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Looks like everything will increase globally.

I so can see Australia handing all its change over.
Considering we are like America junior, even if we do that. Our government will keep it a secret, probably explains why Kevin Rudd is going over to America. Give them our envelopes full of money
I've lived in Australia for the last 16 years and spent 4years overseas, I can say Australia is a bunch of pussy letting America into our country and build bases. Mostly Air-Force for example. I've seen two so far, one in Northern Territory and one in country side Victoria. We don't get told that there here to we see there Trucks, planes etc.

Welcome to Australia where our country is a bunch of pussies and will give you all our money and land

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Armandeo]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well the best answer i have to this would be...Go ask your grandparents what their lives were like in the 1930's.

What is happening right now is almost exactly like what happened 80 years ago. the 1920's...the roaring 20's marked the beginning of the stock market. There were many new inventions and luxuries. Then it started to hit the fan and a decade of unemployment, breadlines, tent cities and unfair labor insued.

now exchange 1920's with 1990's, and 1930's with 201X's

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Armandeo

I would just like to say us Aussies are not a bunch of pussys,just because our government is just like all the other govs of the world looking out for their own pockets Does not mean we the population of Australia like it.

I work for my self and i'm finding it hard to keep fuel in my car,and oil jumped over night from $96 to $120 So i can see things getting very hard for every one unless you are one of the elite

You will see riots death and destruction world wide

Love and light out to every one

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If the US economy completely fails, then so will the world economy which is why all this is happening anyway. Do you guys watch the news? Do you see how the markets of the entire world are going to crap? This isnt a US only phenomenon by any means.

Its funny yot see how folks over in the US think: "oh wow the stock market is going down, i better go get bread and milk and flee to Angora because things have to be SO much better there" LOL.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I dont know if we would react the same way we did in the 1920s and 1930s. This is a different world. So much of our economy now is based around service based industry rather than manufacturing as it was in the 1920s ad 1930s. Its a much more dependent society. In the early 1900's people were more self sufficient/ people knew how to build, grow, and be somewhat conservative with their hard earned money. Now people spend more than they make on just entertainment alone and then go into debt to buy the things they need like housing , food, and transportation. Its just a different world. I feel people would be so dependent on money that when its scarce and worthless that the majority of people wouldn't know how to stay afloat. Plus now we have thsi huge technology boom and how will that play into it? Will there still be internet? Will companies still be around to uphold it? will the government take control of the internet by buying out bankrupt internet providers. Thus patrolling the internet and monitoring it. Theres just so many different variables...

Also i do know the rest of the world is dependent on our economy. When we have a rough day, the world has an equally rough day on the markets. So if our economy does crash, it will be a world economic crisis.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You all will die !!_javascript
'
')('
')('
')

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Daily life will be more local and more cooperative. The pace will be much slower. Your neighbors will become your best friends or your worst enemies. You will learn not to be so wasteful. You will have to think more in terms of your immediate group than yourself.

The Slow Crash

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
When economies fail the lure of nationalism is tempting to some. Good thing we have learned the lessons of Hitler and Stalin.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I feel this year is going to be a long cold winter. We don't really understand what having the rug swept out from under us will entail. Those in control have many strategies. Plan a, plan b, plan c. They're pulling out the rug, but if you think they intend to let everyone group up and plan new communities (and this is what we have to do) think again. This is when all the things that we've being hearing may come down. From a few new killer diseases being released to some nuclear exchanges. I remember reading one womens vision for this planet that was not pretty. After a long cold winter, with the financial world ending, no more buying and selling or commerce, she saw 2 new diseases deliberately being brought to the US, and a series of disasters, including natural. But what struck me as most horrible was the concept that more people died at each others hands as anarchy broke out, than in any of the disasters. I have no idea whether this vision will come to pass. I hope not. She never knew about nwo or any of the agendas we discuss, but one she mentioned that for some reason some people knew ahead of time what was going to happen and they had formed communities with supplies and weapons. The gangs avoided attacking them because they were not easy targets and instead murdered the vulnerable, sick and fleeing people.
These villages where pockets of light, prayer and meditation in her dream. And they helped all who managed to show up.

We don't know what an absolute collapse will be, or how driven the elite are to carry out all the bad plans we keep hearing about. What I do know is, a lot of people aren't living in sustainable eco villages right now, and that even purchasing the land is way out of most peoples means. But we do have powers. We can meet up in the town squares, we can join together and form communities even if its means tents. We can become those pockets of light. Whatever happens don't let the despair lead to violence against citizens.
Group up and survive.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hmm, a qualified guess;
Post-soviet Russia. Like how it was 90-95. And that means pretty freakin dismal.
I bet there are a bunch of ruskies in almost every neighbourhood in the US who came over during this "dark age". Ask them what it's like when society fails.

Ain't gonna be pretty, that's all I can say. Already people are being forced out of their homes, which is in itself a gross violation of human rights.
I started a new thread earlie today discussing this subject in a similar way. Please [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread393927/pg1']---> check it out here

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hahaha i will enjoy it when all the evil backbiters of this country scream in fear and panic when all hell breaks loose. be scared wimps be scared while i laugh. gods punishment is coming. try reading the bible even you bible thumpers who dont actually read your bible and do opposite all week than what you do on sundays. prophecy is coming to pass and you will all be dumbfounded. you cant take your riches and belongings with you. stop your evil ways people and your backbiting and wishing your brother to fall for your enjoyment. your going to pay. ITS PAY TIME. hahahaha

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
They are not going to let it fail, and they are certainly not going to collapse it themselves. No one throws away all that power.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

I completley agree with you! I have been trying to tell everyone the same thing for the last several years now and it's nice to know there is someone out there who is as prepared as I am. When it all goes to hell, there will be some American's ready to bear the brunt of the hardship and keep our great country free until it can defend itself again. I'll see you on the frontlines my friend.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This has been floating around the web for a while:

Surviving Collapse in Argentina

Pretty good insight.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If the U.S. economy fails completely, it will be the end of civilization as we know it.

We would revert to bartering. No other currency could be used because they aren't backed up by anything. In fact, they are backed up the U.S. dollar. The U.S. dollar is the financial framework from which all of our currencies are derived. Every nation uses U.S. dollars in international trade. If that fails, you can't just pick another random currency to use. It doesn't work that way.

The problem is that people aren't capable of understanding the scope of such an event. In fact, most people will scoff at my post.

However, there is something to be optimistic about. In reality, the dollar will never fail as long as it exists. No nation, no matter their affiliation will allow the dollar to fail.

In a hypothetical situation in which it does fail, we will see people trading duct tape for chickens, alcohol for clothing... Electronic equipment will be valueless. Only the bare necessities would be considered in such an economic model. If the dollar is about to collapse, in such a hypothetical situation, nationalism and totalitarian rule would be the likely course. If not, then a bartering economy would arise, and we'd have to rebuild ourselves. But again, no one, no nation would allow that to happen. We'd subject ourselves to a totalitarian regime before we accept such a dismal fate.

A simple exercise is to ask yourself: When Rome failed, what happened to Europe?

[edit on 27-9-2008 by cognoscente]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yes, that is true, when the Roman empire collapsed the geo-political map of Europe change drastically but still there are major differences to notice;

The Roman empire did not collapse like that, it fell apart piece by piece. The economic system that is failing now will most likely crash and burn very fast.

The Roman empire was located in Europe. What happened in North America when it collapsed? Nothing. What happened in Europe as the Aztec empire collapsed? Nothing.

I don't say that we will not feel the shock-wave of it, we sure will. We are pretty tangeled up in this mess as well but compared to the turmoil that will come upon USA I still think we will draw the longer straw.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I am basically resolved to the fact. A capable worker and warrior that can no longer feel the pedals on his own car.

I am resigned to the fact that I am washed up.

Funny how priorties change as time changes.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
HAHA, this seems a little more relevant now than it did a few months ago. haha

We might see something actually happen. Its fun to ponder these things when its not actually shoved in your face!

so far i dont see too much panic from people. Everything seems pretty much as normal for the most part. People shopping, eating out, having fun. People seem to think im making stuff up when i tell them were in the middle of a stock crash. haha

IM JUST CRAZY i suppose!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join