It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bail Out Plan is Pure Robbery at the Highest Level!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The American government is going to take the publics money and give it to private companies. They should be bailing out the public that are broke not the rich bankers. 700 billion is enough money to give each American adult 3000$. With 3000 the people can pay those mortgage's. This is the lowest the American government has gone in all of its history. I can't belive that the american public is going to let this stand. Please people call your congressmen or women and tell them what you think on this issue.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The worst part about it is that the government "plan" is basically "We're giving you all this tax payer money to help you, and uh we hope you pay us back"

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well I just emailed Charles Boustany which is my congressman. I told him that this is not fair to the American taxpayer and that he would lose my vote if he followed through with this bill. If everyone else would do the same maybe we could make a difference.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Every adult in the US hasn't paid those taxes, shouldn't the help go to those who actually filed and paid taxes?

IRS Tax Return Statistics for 2007-2008

Today, the IRS published individual income tax return statistics for 2007 and 2008. The table below covers total number of returns, total number processed, number of return filed on-line both by tax tax professionals and individuals, how web page hits, total number, total amount, and average individual refund, and the same figures for direct deposits.

Individual Returns ...2007 ............2008 .....% Change

Total Receipts .....74,152,000 ..78,792,000 __6.3%
Total Processed ...70,530,000 ..74,139,000 ___5.1%

The total number of people that even filed income taxes to the IRS is only a little less than 8o million people!

That would give each TAXPAYER over $8,000!

Now that would go a long way to helping out taxpayers!

[edit on 9/22/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In finland we had same kind of fabricated economical collapse, and governmet make same conclusion, they plan same cure: Bank of Rubbish, witc was fully paid by tax payers.

It has been most expensive adventure for our nation in our history, it happen in early 90´s.

But still we pay for that Rubbish, every year, from bankers activity, but no one from them gets to trial, no one gets a prison from things what caused thousands of privat bankrupcy: But we had to pay those billions...

Your government is doing you the same: You will pay, and they will get their bonus. They will soon drive thousands of loans so that you have to pay immediately money back: Other wise you will be doomed.

Be aware that new government bank has unlimited power to announce your depts to bankrupted, they can over take any real estate they want, and to overtake your loans how ever they want: And they will do that in name of stabilization.

After ten years you will be paying for this, those bankers just get new employers from government with huge payments: And those who was your lenders, will come your collectors... And they will be rude to weaks, for all privat business and home owners.

That happen here, and your government has ask consultants from my government: It will happen there in US too!

That what is called to be your saviour, will become your worst nightmare. Everything you think had value, have no more, nothing: Just rubbish they clean under those huge carpets, owned by same bankers who made this mess. They will own you after this, even more than they do today!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I agree with you on that. People that don't pay shouldn't even have a right to vote for god sakes. This will go down as one of the worst mistakes the government has ever made.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

YOU can't stop this... I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS...

HOWEVER AIG is underwrites EVERYTHING. AIG = gone

MEANS no more construction bonding - exploratory bounding ( drill baby drill )

on and on...

THE world would grind to halt because every single aspect of CAPITALISM would be subject to LEGALITIES and their penelties/legalities.

+ the money does not disappear mind you... IT will go to buy more lobbyists to encourage more free market disaster. If AIG goes down someone is coming up on the other end.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They should have thrown this whole thing in the garbage pail like a ten day old tuna in the sun.

Let the corpys jump. Let the street squirm.

I would have paid good money to see that. Now it's on you and me kiddies.
For many many many years to come.

Goverment for the people, by the people. Psshaw. Government for the elite corps and and their interests.

Bottom line. Who ever greases the palm the best.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by jpm1602]

top topics

join