It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men with sexist views 'earn more'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This seems to me to be on the same level as women who sleep around at the work place get promotions faster.

Odd study indeed. But I think thats how Ponelope Cruz got work anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SciDoc
Man = beating chest with fists and hunting wild game with spears
Woman = pregnant & serving man.

Seriously, what decade and century are we living in?

The one where we're still that same species.

It's not a negative thing to fit a cliche, they are there for a reason.

All of these movements like feminism are just people feeling weak and wanting to feel power, which is a natural drive. But it's not necessary, and whatever role you fill as long as you are content than its fine. But don't be a hard woman because it is not socially acceptable or because it is socially acceptable.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
At the end of the day earning money is still a loosing bet.

Society teaches people to earn money but what is intelligent and wise is to make your money earn money for you.

Ive met plenty of [SNIP] who had similar philosophies on women being subservient slaves whose domain was the home. Some, but not all reside in trailer parks.

What is truly modern thinking is finding ways for your money to work for you as opposed to only working for it. By setting up a system of money trees that earn money for you.

Lets say joe blow just backhanded his ol lady for talkin back, and now all of a sudden he's making an extra couple dollars. How long can he last without a paycheck? How long can anyone ask without a paycheck. There are other ways to heighten income and lower expenses, and you don't need money to make money. You just need your brain.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If i could get by with my wife working and me staying home watching ESPN and drinking beer I would.
GO FOR IT GIRLS.....You can have the jobs!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo

Originally posted by SciDoc
Man = beating chest with fists and hunting wild game with spears
Woman = pregnant & serving man.

Seriously, what decade and century are we living in?

The one where we're still that same species.

It's not a negative thing to fit a cliche, they are there for a reason.

All of these movements like feminism are just people feeling weak and wanting to feel power, which is a natural drive. But it's not necessary, and whatever role you fill as long as you are content than its fine. But don't be a hard woman because it is not socially acceptable or because it is socially acceptable.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Reddupo]

Like I said, I do believe that we as a race have evolved mentally from the caveman times. I personally think that men who believe that women should be subserviant, are afraid of their own manhood. I don't believe I am a feminist, I just believe that we are equals...perhaps not physically, but intellectually we are. For that reason, I don't think just because a man can develop more muscle and has higher levels of androgens in his system is more qualified for a higher earning job. Or that he deserves more respect and authority than a woman. The one thing my father taught me was to be independent, be the best I can be, and not settle for less than what I believe I deserve. I work hard, thus I believe I deserve to be treated the same as those who work as hard as I do.

Having an appendage between your legs doesn't qualify you to have power. I will readily accept working under a man if he is qualified to do so. The same goes for if my boss was a woman.

I can recall countless times in my scientific career being dismissed or "hushed" or talked over and down to by men who were my intellectual equals or were less qualified than myself. My favorite was when I was told to not wear heels to work because the men in my lab get distracted by the sound they make....lol...This behavior is insulting and downright discriminatory.

Anyway, I am not quite sure what you meant by "hard woman"...can you elaborate?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Pondrthis here.

My $0.02 is that men who think women should (or like women who) stay at home believe that it is their responsibility alone to make money for the family. My mother was stay-at-home much of her life and my father was a great provider. Both of them taught me the pride of supporting a family and that a woman can have pride in her separate, but equally or more important roles.

My fiancee is a very nurturing woman, and I appreciate her desire to take care of her family first before her career. I, in turn, forsake my personal desires and do "what needs to be done" to give my family the best lifestyle possible. It's a self-sacrificing way of doing things, but the overall effect is a better environment to raise children in.

I personally think that men who expect to pay half a month's rent and one car payment are less likely to succeed financially than men who know that they need to do twice the work.

@ OP: "Old fashioned" is not sexism. Sexism is the desire to keep women from the workplace and equal pay, not the belief in feminine duty. I've known plenty of women (family, friends, fiancee) that believe in feminine duty, but I guarantee no one would call them sexist.

I also believe in masculine duty, so I would call it "having expectations" for men and women, not any -ism.

PS: I believe in equal opportunities and pay. These are just my lifestyle choices.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
If i could get by with my wife working and me staying home watching ESPN and drinking beer I would.
GO FOR IT GIRLS.....You can have the jobs!

That was funny.

I left my job of ten years to do freelance work from home. I got sick of the corporate nonsense. All the politics involved and I just felt my life draining from me.

Now my wife (who works for the CDC) is the main bread-winner.

Until I feel my energy coming back she may be that for a little while.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This is really sad. After all, sexism hurts everyone.
Especially broads.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is not very surprising.Men who think like this are likely to be more assertive and domineering.These traits make for good bosses who command respect from weak willed people.I am sure that not all people with these traits (like being assertive)are chauvinists though.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join