It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conclusive & Non-Deviating - my understanding beyond the inner/outer horizons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Background: Born in Australia, still live here. I went to a Catholic school, was baptized at age 8 by my old man's miss' who hit the road after i criticized her for trying to convince me God was the overlord for the Catholics and no other religion - luckily i made it to age 8 and avoided the 'brain washing'.

Current Belief: Possibly an Agnostic, but the vagueness of being one means:
You believe in God. Religions claim to be the single faith and questioning such a fact will ensure you don't goto Heaven and pretty much fail God - each religion claims the word of God is written for them, even though contradicting himself left right and center.
Therefore; logically why would you dedicate your life, knowing (Whilst ignoring your die-hard belief in your chosen faith) God has said from other sides that you are wrong.. So no matter which choice you make, your wrong according to another text written by God? Dismissing this text as basis for your belief to support one side of the argument is the most ignorant thing a person can do.. Delusional belief fails before it has even begun.

Introduction:
I have held to myself, a belief which i determined was the correct path of belief & faith in God. I came to my conclusion 8 years ago and have not questioned the existence of God, nor have i sought answers in a 'divine' power, nor since have i considered that predictions hold any level of truth - all those things which you thought were 'higher' than your own existence & unexplainable; are just pushed to the side whilst maintaining a bit of courtesy for those who have strong beliefs.

Note:
1) The understanding i came to can not be diluted by any other opinion, theory or philosophy. Once it was obvious, there was no deviation, no missing pieces, nothing unanswered.

2) A series of events in my life, trying to understand previously irrelevant issues/ideas/beliefs and having '0' influences/suggestions put in my path were major factors that opened my eyes.
Basically it was my goal to try and understand the limits of space, the function of time / consciousness and setting my mind at a target beyond the theorized 'string' answer for everything. I wanted to scratch the surface & understand what lies beyond the current theoretic models.. That was my driving force.

3) I view ALL religions (Scientology is religious nonsense only thrive able via capitalism) as equal, each with the potential to change individuals through to entire societies; enough so that they develop & live in their own Utopian 'heaven on earth', whilst guided by the religions teachings. Basically there is good in all of them, but denying each of this truth leads to a factional struggle over such little details..
This will not be solved until our next generation.. The world will have to come together with a common interest, combine the good in all religions and cast away the idea that another good person is your enemy, simply because they do so under another text of God.

Do i believe God influenced religion through these 'prophets'?
Honestly, without insulting anyone.. No.. But theres a slim chance of course.
I would have to believe that these prophets were simply born into the world as our children are today & thus confirm that higher intelligence occurred in rare cases at birth thousands of years ago, the same way it does today.
Like many higher intelligence people, they would have immediately had a greater understanding of the world, their environment, the issues and had solutions..
They were then able to compile their knowledge/understanding into written text. Simply looking by contrast; at the time they would have known they were VASTLY gifted compared to other people at the time and for lack of understanding their own body/mind at these ancient times, they simply sought to explain their gift through another medium - God.

Why is this idea so outrageous for the average person or intelligent believer?

We fear for our own ability..

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Human Spirit? Or Evolved Neural Node?

Its a theory, pretty rough in its first stages..

Idea:
- The spirit may in fact be a free form node of 'energy' which evolved with our species over millions of years. These nodes would have started as simple neural connectors that maintained circuit mapping for each species through evolution.
- This would explain the consistent development of human brains and neural networks which were dubbed a mystery. Think of it like this: Bacteria begins life with a 5 feature neural node spark.. Over millions of years, the species is capable of developing say 25 features every minute it is alive and functioning.
Growth and stimulation encourage the node to expand, being fueled by the energy of the creature.
- After millions of years, the node has evolved with the species and resulted in a complex neural network that maintains trillions of links and un-mappable circuitry even by todays standards.

The node will maintain its form as this energy point/nexus (Imagine a coton-budd or dust brush for theorized pattern) throughout the physical life & acts as the master 'spark' & 'historical record' of neural activity, mapping and bodily functions.
Imagine - each hair of the node has a specific connectivity requirement and will only connect to a human mind not already occupied/controlled already - when the node nears a vacant target, it is drawn in by a mother giving off signals that are unknown today (Its a theory).Once close enough, it can attach.

The node will attach itself firstly by its master or central component. Once connected, the node will chart the outward development of the human brain and extend throughout the body's neural network, slowly mapping the growth along the way and slowly correcting any growth issues that may arise. This idea would possibly answer the questions around brain development - since the brain is mapped using an external energy-node that has evolved with human life, we ultimately try to answer this question.

When someone dies, constant bodily functions cease and areas of the brain stop talking and as a result the node will start to 'slip' out of connectivity as a result of shutdown.
After D/C, the ex-human node would then split into it would split into (2) separate nodes as a result of the human brain polar separation. The split nodes share the same function and will drift apart until they are pulled towards a new baby and its mother.

Interesting:
1) Reduplicative misidentification is when someone has a delusional stage where they feel connected to them selves but not in their current location in a sense. Support for split nodes and possibly connectivity until both sides reach a certain age in their new body?

2) Many birth related issues due to brain related issues or heart failure may be a result of a previous node's last moments before D/C. If for example someone suffers a bullet wound to the heart and the node D/C's early, it may do so without a complete circuit of hairs and therefore be missing the parts that ultimately resulted in heart failure for the new born.

When a node connects to a new born and fails to make it past 4 weeks.. I theorize that the node either fails/dies or ends up connecting to a new species. The reason i make this claim is, during development a node would be distributed and under pressure to accelerate growth. During this stage it seems unlikely the node would retain its previous fully-human signature as a result of it being spread through the body during development.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by sharpmind77]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sharpmind77

I'm not sure what feedback I could add. You seem to define yourself very certainly. And I hope you don't take that comment as rude. I believe that is to our advantage to be certain of ourselves, while trying to remain open to the fact that there might be more to know.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well, I can see where you are coming from.

Most "sacred" texts have been altered to satisfy the whims of the elite, particularly the Holy Bible. Everyone says, "The King James version is the best." I disagree. The King James version of the bible is nothing but a political diatribe on how the ruling elite expects one to behave.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark

I'm not sure what feedback I could add. You seem to define yourself very certainly. And I hope you don't take that comment as rude. I believe that is to our advantage to be certain of ourselves, while trying to remain open to the fact that there might be more to know.

Of course.. Nothing is ever a closed case if you consider that Human biology and cognition only provide us with the the raw basics (sight, sound, smell, touch sense etc.).

We simply cant venture outside of these walls so we have to make do with the tools provided..

Although rarely you will see someone dedicated their observations inwards where most don't concentrate.. Frankly inner observation and analysis is the most correct if you know what you are looking for, how it should be understood in order to be correct and then how to bring it into the 'real-world'

Sometimes i wish i knew more words.. I cant exactly what i am trying to pen on paper so its hard.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharpmind77
Frankly inner observation and analysis is the most correct if you know what you are looking for, how it should be understood in order to be correct and then how to bring it into the 'real-world'

This is precisely what I'm experiencing, how does my experience of truth applies to the world around me. Honestly, I don't know and I have to admit it seems to make the whole thing rather pointless. I suppose it's because I have a fair certainty that the puzzle I'm trying to put together is missing pieces.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
I suppose it's because I have a fair certainty that the puzzle I'm trying to put together is missing pieces.

Certainly. We, as finite beings, cannot see the full picture. I have always said that one day all things will be revealed. However, it is going to be a long and arduous waits, I fear.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

My fear is the opposite. That the picture is there and has been for a while, we just don't see it because we're told we can't. That leads me to believe in cooperation as the ultimate human tool.

Either way, my time here at ATS has given me some different things to work with.

I'd also like to add that I believe things are already moving faster than people are prepared for and that the speed is increasing. And the faster the wheel spins, the more it appears to be standing still. I believe the time is much shorter than it appears.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Well maybe consider this... God never intended denominational religion to be divisive to organize people into sects. Those are man-made ideas. And even followers of Christ, did not become an organized "group" until after he gave his life on the cross for a specific reason. The church is what subdivided thru history, and became distorted in it's beliefs. Do you think Jesus Christ would have wanted the people of earth to become divided on his account? No, this was the Church that formed after he was crucified that made those rules. So, if there is any critical thinking to be done, it should be taken up with the Church and organized religion. I believe Christ died for my sins, I have no problem with that.. but I am a free-thinker, I believe in science, evolution and the metaphysical. Some people will not agree that I am going to heaven, however *people* are not the ultimate judge. The problem is the Churches claim that the Bible, is the actual "word of God". I would agree that it is inspire by divine thought, but the actual "word of God"? If that were true, one would have to understand the "Language of God" which humans still do not understand. I believe God is merciful and tolerant, and mankind has made it much more complicated than he intended. The bottom line... The real church is in your own self.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

Well maybe consider this... God never intended denominational religion to be divisive to organize people into sects. Those are man-made ideas. And even followers of Christ, did not become an organized "group" until after he gave his life on the cross for a specific reason. The church is what subdivided thru history, and became distorted in it's beliefs. Do you think Jesus Christ would have wanted the people of earth to become divided on his account? No, this was the Church that formed after he was crucified that made those rules. So, if there is any critical thinking to be done, it should be taken up with the Church and organized religion. I believe Christ died for my sins, I have no problem with that.. but I am a free-thinker, I believe in science, evolution and the metaphysical. Some people will not agree that I am going to heaven, however *people* are not the ultimate judge. The problem is the Churches claim that the Bible, is the actual "word of God". I would agree that it is inspire by divine thought, but the actual "word of God"? If that were true, one would have to understand the "Language of God" which humans still do not understand. I believe God is merciful and tolerant, and mankind has made it much more complicated than he intended. The bottom line... The real church is in your own self.

Mankind is now and was then made just as intended. The surrounds and those from whom we learn influence the start and possibly the on-going nature of how we live our lives.

In understanding this, God would have known that multiple religions in his name would have only generated die-hard factions for each side over 100's of years and given the sometimes barbaric nature of men in those days, the order to goto war for their belief could not have been any easier in the face of a supposed "enemy of our God".

No, no no.. That doesn't add up and even you know that. If God were fully responsible for the Jewish, Christian and Muslim prophets, he would have foreseen such a separating of mankind. Seperated by massive distances and each capable of fathering children whom are born to believe theirs is the one truth faith.. It just sets in concrete forever a divide of these faiths. The only possible resolution looks possible since globalisation, diversification and better acceptance of all cultures has started to take effect everywhere... So was the bloodshed before now just necessary to ensure modern people recognize the need to unify?

God is merciful and tolerant because man kind is also merciful and tolerant. The only representation of this in every day life is through other human beings yes? God's influence to each person at birth, how they connect with others and develop these traits falls onto the individual and such base instincts to want these things prove the idea that each man/woman is given the same gifts.

I believe in The God, the craddle of life & everything around it. The being of which defines our endless universe, breathtaking inward details beyond the nano-scale, the light during the day sky and the stars in the night.
The total external and internal existence
The essential building blocks of life
The father of human kind, our navigator and human beings greatest conscious influence

top topics

join