It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Vice-Presidential Candidate Draws Crowd of 60,000

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
oh god i just threw up in my mouth a little...

what the heck is wrong with people? are they serious in supporting this broad? damn im all scared.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I like how you skip over the second paragraph and go right onto the third:

Second paragraph: "She went to perhaps the easiest place in Florida to get a large Republican turnout, stuck mostly to the themes she’s hit since the Republican convention and took no questions from reporters or the crowd."

If she came down here to West Palm Beach she'd maybe get a couple hundred.

So this doesn't impress me, just like it doesn't impress me when Obama gets high numbers in largely Democratic areas. The only thing it proves is both parties are apparently pumped for their candidates. Painting it as "Wow a turn out of 60,000 that sure says something about Florida hint hint" is misleading

[edit on 22-9-2008 by davion]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Last, they keep saying that liberals say that anyone who doesn't vote for Obama is racist. They said it over and over today on both Limbaugh and the Katz show afterwards.

None of the people I talk to that are Liberal, or liberal leaning, have expressed anything like that. So I haven't seen that myself. Granted, I have heard them say Palin was picked to play the 'women card'. Which I personally give merit too.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You people just don't understand. If McCain becomes president, it will be the worst decision America makes. We've worked too hard to take a step backwards. Obama is right. McCain really does represent the past and if he becomes president, he will bring the same old politics into Washington. That means nothing changes. The economy will continue to fail. Gas will continue to rise, and McCain will do nothing to stop it. Maybe most people are too focused on the 'popularity contest' and not the serious nature of this election. Do you know what the biggest difference between Obama and McCain is? Obama isn't tied up with political bureaucracy like McCain is. Obama is a professional. He conducts himself in that way and he understands his purpose in his mission to become president. He has a clear plan for change and he is poised to fight for every right the average American deserves. If you want a better government and a better nation, Obama is who you want to vote for and if you can't see that now, then I'm afraid it is too late. You can go ahead and vote for McCain, but I'm telling you upfront, that it's the wrong choice and you've worked to hard to play a role in letting this country down. Anyone voting for the Republican party must have their brains improperly wired. I mean, isn't that the same party that Bush represents? Does McCain's experience really hold any weight? Did he fight for change during his 26 year tenure in Washington? I don't think so. Some people are viewing this thing wrong side up. Instead of arguing about something as petty as who has more experience, what you should do is assess what each candidate has done with the time they've had in the position they've held. If you look at it that way, you'll see that Obama has done a great deal in a very short amount of time. I believe it's what people call being efficient and effective. Obama demonstrated his willingness to work from the ground up to help Americans on every level. If you look at what he's already done as an Illinois senator, as a community organizer, you will see that he has a genuine passion to fight for everyday Americans.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The crowd at Sarah Palin’s speech at The Villages Sunday was widely reported as 20,000 or more, based largely on comments by security and public safety officials at the scene.

But late in the day, the McCain campaign quoted Mike Tucker, fire chief of The Villages, saying it was 60,000.

That drew some skepticism—if true, it would be not just the largest crowd ever for a campaign event in Florida, but something like three times the previous record, around 20,000 who came to the same site, Market Square in The Villages, to see George Bush in 2004.

But in an interview today, Tucker confirmed that’s his estimate. Tucker, who was fire chief in 2004, acknowledged that he believes it dwarfed the 2004 Bush crowd, which he estimated was 25,000.

It would be virtually impossible to prove him right or wrong, without analysis of aerial photos.

Estimating crowd sizes, particularly in irregularly shaped areas without seats, like Market Square, is difficult and subjective, and published estimates are politically charged. Many reporters use vague descriptions instead of hard numbers, or carefully attribute the numbers.

www.tboblogs.com...

In short they don't know how many attended and considering the sources are faux news and the McCain camp it could have just as easily been 5 or 10,000.

[edit on 23-9-2008 by grover]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join