It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Vice-Presidential Candidate Draws Crowd of 60,000

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

U.S. Vice-Presidential Candidate Draws Crowd of 60,000

elections.foxnews.com

THE VILLAGES, Fla. — Sarah Palin played it safe Sunday on her first trip as John McCain’s running mate to the battleground state of Florida, drawing a massive crowd of 60,000 people.

.....she was welcomed like a star, with tens of thousands cramming into a plaza and nearby streets in this enormous retirement community about an hour north of Orlando. Some waited more than five hours in 92-degree heat to see her speak for 23 minutes.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.local6.com
news-press.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I would say it is now officially appropriate to state that what U.S. Presidential Candidate Barack Obama is to the Democrat Party, U.S. Vice-Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin is now that to the Republican Party.

BTW, the "Crowd of 60,000" represents 90% of the Entire Population of the Community known as The Villages, Florida.

elections.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

old people like palin.. big deal. everyone else likes barack

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Outstanding! Sarah Palin rocks...

I'm voting McCain and my husband's voting Obama - since we cancel each other out maybe we should both just stay home on Nov 4th.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Had there been 25 people they would have still said 60,000. Its all smoke and mirrors at this point, poor Obama, he should have been a woman.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
So does this mean that Palin is a "celebrity" now, drawing crowds like a "rock star"? Didn't McCain run an ad saying something to that affect about Obama when he drew crowds that large?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This election is seriously Obama versus Palin. That's effing ridiculous. John Mcain who??

This has become a popularity contest. Or maybe it always was? We all know Palin is going to win 08 because more people want to see her naked then Obama.

Christ, just give Bush another 4. I am tired of this game.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Ay. I am going to keep this as cordant and civil as possible. I'd slit my own tires in that parking lot.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

no! both of you go and vote ron paul

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by intelgurl

no! both of you go and vote ron paul

Or!....

Yes, stay home

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
McCain and Plastic '08!

Another fake politician looking to better her situation. It doesn't matter that she's completely unqualified to lead our country if the president kills over, or that she bargains for personal gain with oil companies, or the fact that she's tried to leverage her authority to fire a librarian or state trooper, or that she and her husband refuse to honor a subpoena.

The thing that worries me the most is that for as see through as this woman is, she's getting incredible exposure because of her gender and not for her values.

The people in this country are the perpetual punch in the stomach I never wanted.

At this point... We deserve the rape over that is coming. We really do.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

If we are "tired of oppression" you have to vote for the party with a woman attached

women are over 50% of the country and Black Males 1/15th of the country

Black people have affirmative action, women get paid less than men still

The civil rights movement was 40 years ago, Sufferage was 100 years ago and still no woman President

If this comes to down to...what's fair and equality and all that stuff...

Women hands down should get to go first

and g-d knows MCain wont last long

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
My comment had nothing to do with race. It was also not in reference to either candidates sex or ethnicity. I apologize if that is the implication I gave.

I was referring to the loss of rights of the American citizens and the opressive legislation that was steamrolled over us by "them".

The noticeable level of Police abuse and violation of Free Speech by unlawful authorities during the terms of certain politicos. The exploitation of resources which inflates our economy and brings poverty to all Americans which knows no prejudices.

I really dont care about what the candidates are, only what they represent.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing this without pictures. I mean, McCain's most recent "town hall" meeting barely cracked 600 people, so imagining that his VP can get 60,000 seems far fetched to me.

It could be true, but you would think that a news article that is swooning about 60,000 people would have some pictures to show it. A decent sized football stadium only seats about 60,000 and I have a hard time believing that she would have sold out an entire stadium.

I don't believe anything anymore.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

That's the problem. No one should be voting for Mcain, because they think Palin might become President through him, and then that might help women out somehow. That's absurd. Let's elect the presedential candidate that we feel will have the greatest benifit for every American. Inequality and oppression is not unique to African Americans and Women. All of us are swimming in it right now.

[edit on 22-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The hockey mom with lipstick. She was an all american beauty queen....in Alaska!

Dem guys work those rigs for months at a time. My dog would start looking pretty good to me.

She paste. Copied, pasted etc etc.

Did I say I don't like spiders? I just really don't like Palin either. 600k my 24k gold rims on my lexus.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I agree entirely. This whole "our team" business is played the # out! As if Palin could care about your average single mother, or as if Obama could give a # about your average African American. People are relating too much of this on looks and not enough on words, because if they listened, even for a minute, they would be wonder how these people got this far.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ya having Obama in office will help..

Now thats smarts.. They are all on the same damn team.. Get a damn clue.. It dont matter who you vote in, the same crap is still going to happen..

Didnt notice DNC earlier.. Looked almost like the RNC 04 in NYC... Throwing anyone in jail they wanted.....

Get real, you are all being played.. Sheep follow obama straight to hell if he lead it with good intentions that he didnt follow thru on.

[edit on 9/22/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
You know. At this point in time I'd like to have the Satan in southpark be our next pres. He had a cool skull loin cloth and he even dissed Sadaam.

It is the biggest joke in the book. I puke in my mouth a little everytime I see one their 2 mill a day 30 sec blurb thrown at me.

Did I ever say I hate spiders?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join