It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Terrorists' plan is working

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The State Department has issued an increased number of warnings to Americans abroad. Britain has moved it's embassy in Algeria to the Algeria Hilton for security reasons. Spain has elected a new leader with anti-Iraq invasion propensity, and so may we...

There is a growing consensus of the people of the world that fighting is not the right approach to solving the problem of terrorism. At this point I can't tell if acting exactly the way the terrorists want us to act is a good thing, but I can only imagine that capitulation to their demands will only cause their fanaticism to grow with pride.

Is the world going to collectively abandon the cause to destroy terrorist networks due to the fear their attacks cause, or will we continue to fight them where they live and train to prevent further attacks?

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Of course it's working just how they had planned! They are under the impression that the USA are a weak and vulernable nation. We have no patience for what it takes to secure our nation. We are a society of convience and "want it done now" type of people.

The sad part of this is that we are proving them right.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
We need to stop capitulating and keep taking the fight to them. They can't win if we fight. They win if we quit.

DC

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Honestly I don't think the way to win is to fight all terrorism all the time anyplace it dwells.

That would be like trying to ban alcohol... again.

The point is, is that we have set the sights on ourselves by over extending our involvement in almost every nation in the world.

To fight and fight and fight will only further enrage the terrorists, which are many in many different groups all which have different structures, plans, etc.

It's too complicated to fight forever and could very well serve to bolster their numbers as an enemy emerges.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
In my opinion, the US needs to take more agresive action and stop worrying about world views. Europe for the most part has penis envy of the US. For France and Germany, the reason they were so against the war with Saddam was that they had million dollar trade agreements with him. Most middle eastern countries hate the US to begin with, their religion considers us their sworn enemy. And to a certain point, I can see - though not agree with - where they are coming from. What we need to do is get dirty. We need to go into any country they might be in, and kill everyone involved. Putting them on the defensive is our only option, and quite frankly, we (the US and our allys) are lucky to be in a position of such absolute power that we can do what we want where we want, because our power as a nation cannot be threatened.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't think terrorism will ever be eliminated entirely. Miltary forces can do all they like to rebel groups, but they will never reach the force of these people who rage against the status-quo. I think the better alternative is to have nation leaders re-evaluate what it means to be human, and to understand where the real problem lies.

If it is suggested that military forces invade every country that are terrorists, remember, there could be terrorists right inside their own country--those people who will be labeled terrorists because the laws like the Patriot Act which will dubb every dissenting opinion as terrorist. Beware the agenda of the ruling elite.

"That which you fight, you become."-David Icke.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
As long as George Bush and the world leaders instill fear into the minds of their people by saying the threat is at our door, and constantly letting the people know that the country is in a heightened state of alert, and constantly using propaghanda to insight fear into their own populaces through lies and mis-information... as long as all these keep happening the terrorists are winning and its our (western) leaders that are allowing this as we are constantly reminded to be scared and thus we are terrorised... the Terrorists get their cake and eat it oo...

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
how can you win a war with no defined enemies, no defined bases, no defined combat lines, any country can be a possible terrorist base......look at americas 'war on drugs'
bush said something about not letting the terrorist change our way of life....hasn't that already happened??? america will never be the same...we will fore-ever have a military presence east of the caspian sea(afganistan), west of the caspian sea (balkans) and to the south of the caspian sea (Iraq) www.abovetopsecret.com...
america is once again becoming an isolationist country...how's that, you say..by invading countries left and right and making enemies of the ones that are not invaded....i don't think that it is a matter of the world changing, it is a matter of the american govt changing......

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
If you heard a guy (or terrorists) threaten to kill everyone (you and your family or all of the US) as this thread goes, then we should just sit around and hope they (terrorists) calm down and nothing happens to us. Sounds like a great plan to me, NOT.

Q

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
And they have threatened exactly that, OtH. There is a price on the head of each and every American man, wOman, and child. Yes, this even means the weaklings that would let them have their way. The justification for killing the civillians? They pay taxes, and therefore support the government. Like anyone has a choice...I'll pay my taxes and live the good life here, thank you very much. My taxes pay for big bombs to drop on those who would kill me, and I for one prefer it that way.

lmao...'International penis envy'. Never thought of it that way, but if the shoe fits...

The terrorists' plan is working...if you live in Spain.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Spain has elected a new leader with anti-Iraq invasion propensity, and so may we...
Spain has elected the leader that didn't choose to go to war, as Spain citizens were 90% against the war in the first place. The new Spanish president had promised to send the troops back way before the 11M terrorism act.

At this point I can't tell if acting exactly the way the terrorists want us to act is a good thing, but I can only imagine that capitulation to their demands will only cause their fanaticism to grow with pride.
As I said, terrorists had nothing to do with the Spanish retreat of the unwanted conflict: that decision was settled way before. I should say as well that Al-Qaeda was not involved in *any* way. The Atocha bombing was committed by extremists from Morocco, aided by some locals. The association of the locals with ETA has not yet been made, but is not discarded.

Is the world going to collectively abandon the cause to destroy terrorist networks due to the fear their attacks cause, or will we continue to fight them where they live and train to prevent further attacks?
As stated, fear has nothing to do here, but this simple question: Is the world safer now? Quite the opposite...

[Edited on 2004-3-25 by MakodFilu]

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q
The terrorists' plan is working...if you live in Spain.
That is only FUD. Terrorists intendeed to destabilize the country by trying to modify our way of life. They didn't succeed.

83% of Spanish citizens didn't change their vote intention. The Aznar rulement of the country was finished way before the terrorist act: it was finished when supporting a war not endorsed by the UN, but in a legal fissure. War agains Iraq was not ilegal, but wasn't legal also.

Al-Qaeda is not linked with the murderings at Atocha, and never did: the one video who claimed responsibility of the attack was authored by the very same source that claimed USA electrical leakages. Even when published, the very own UK news agency claimed its dubious procedence. Whatever else you have heard is... FUD. There was an outrageous international political game to blame Al-Qaeda of the attack and increase the counter-terrorism actions. Fortunately, we know better now: no possible link with Al-Qaeda, as those supposed "proofs" had a credibility of... zero, not counting no terrorist immolated himself there, as usual: they "achieve heaven by immolating himself for a greater cause". Sorry, I must puke now.

[Edited on 2004-3-25 by MakodFilu]

top topics

join