It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

umm what is this?? 9/20/2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
hey everyone just wanted to post a picture i took yesterday while out with the wife.
We were taking pictures of a nice sunset near the verrazano bridge, and i wanted to take a picture of my wife with the sunset in the background.

After taking the shot i noticed something on it that i thought it was a bird or a plane.

check here and see for your self. very important note: the only editing was done to cover my wife's face who did not want to be "all over the net"and to point out the object,that being said i regret to inform you that i accidentaly cliced on "save" instead of "save as" and now the original is ruined.... i am kicking my self for that mistake.

Here is the picture

can any body tell me what this is? thanks for your time.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
[edit on 9/21/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
thanks for the help man, i am still a bit upset and it's afecting my thinking lol.

link   
Thats kinda trippy! I can't really see it to well though because it is really tiny. It is NY.. SO it could be ANYTHING
I'm going to try to zoom in a little more on it.

[edit on 21-9-2008 by KaginD]

link   
Stealth bomber? I really can't make out any detail.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
thanks for the help man, i am still a bit upset and it's afecting my thinking lol.

No problem, I just put it up until you sorted it out.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
thanks i fixed the link, i am not good with the crop and zoom thing.

here is the location on google earth. 40°35'41.31"N 74° 0'8.64"W

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It's a Venusian Scout Ship. As you took this picture I happen to know some poor unfortunate was on board having his back passage probed!
Seriously, it could be anything. The usual explanation for these kind of things is birds.
Looks like a nice place!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

that's just it did not look like a bird to me. i would never have posted it if i thought it looked like a bird or a plane.
i had to ask my friend how to do this but here you go.

nice avatar.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The link is broken to any close up you may have attempted, but by the bottle like shape and line/s above it - I would guess it was a helicopter.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Okay, sorry for my previous reply. I should have downloaded it and had a closer look before I opened my mouth. "Sorry."
I've zoomed right into the object in question and it seems to be leaving an after image (or shadow) behind it. I can see four above it and just make out one below it. That would be a perculiar bird!
Its general shape is not unlike a helicopter, but how would a helicopter leave those after images behind and below it.
It's a mystery, one which I'm going to check in on again to see if anyone else can come up with an answer.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

thank you a apreciate your help.
oh and no reason to be sorry.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
From the zoomed pic, it sort of looks like a chinoock helicopter. I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RealityisanIllusion

it does but i only noticed it in the picture, i was taking pictures of the sunset.

here is the picture taken right after.

top topics

join