It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Handlebars? What's the significance of this song?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I heard this song over awhile ago on a video game I was playing. It's called, Handlebars by the Flobots. I thought it sounded weird, but the lyrics got to me. Is there any truth to it?

Me and my friends understand the future
I see the strings that control the systems
I can do anything with no assistance
I can lead a nation
with a microphone
With a microphone
With a microphone
I can split the atoms of a molecule
Of a molecule
Of a molecule

You can see the rest of the lyrics here: www.lyricsmania.com...

That's part of it, but I really think you should hear it.

Google Video Link

Any input?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I believe the significance is what you take from it. In my opinion I think the song tells a story of how we are controlled and how we can control life and our existence.

The video explains it well. I believe it starts off with two friends riding their bikes with no hands and having fun together and as they grow older they take separate paths one a revolutionist and another a politician.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Flobots have a lot of songs with some powerful and sometimes subtle messages.

Check out the songs Jet Pack, There is a war going on for your mind, fight with tools, and stand up, for a little bit of inspiration and funky grooves.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I think it is a message of wonder, at all the things and options available to do if you choose, but also paints a bleak picture of the future of the country. Or maybe he isn't even talking about the future with lines like "I can put you in prison because I dont like you," but is a stark observation of the current stage of events.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The only conspiracy in question is why has this crapy song been played so many times on XM radio? This song is retarded, it makes no sense... but the video is pretty cool, I'll give them that.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I say cheers to the Flobots for coming up with songs such as this that have meaning...their whole album needs listening to. I'm tired of all the bubblegum b.s. artists out there...the Flobots use their new fame as a platform to send out a message and I'd rather hear the handlebars song over and over again so that hopefully each time someone will try and listen to the lyrics and try to understand their meaning...I do admit that it may have been overplayed over the radio, but again, better handlebars than that retarded lollipop song or crappola like umbrella. I see that they are trying to get the masses to take a good look at our government and the current administration and how they've gotten away with murder. I call them Rage Against the Machine, Jr. and I say it as a compliment. I hope they continue to roll out albums such as this. I was unfortunate to have not been able to see them perform free near the DNC convention with Rage...I'm sure it was awesome!

"We were thinking that music could be something more than entertainment," said Jamie Laurie, a.k.a. Jonny 5, one of the Flobots' MCs. "As a band, we have unusual resources. We have an audience and regular performances where we play and speak in front of young people. The stage can be a platform for social change and civic organization."

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I love this song, partly because it has good rythm and sound, but also because of the message it gives.

To me it says how the Government is in control and decides what happens, but only so long as the people allow it to happen.

I would recommend you also listen to 'mosh' by Eminem, the song practically tells you to revolt against Bush.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The song is exactly as it sounds.

People can do anything. There is no limiting our capabilities. Dude wants to rap, the dude is going to rap. The dude wants to be a scientist, he can split a molecule, the dude wants to become president, he can sure as hell try, the possibilities are endless for each individual. One person can make an incredible difference, for better or for worse.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a very beutifull song

seriously keep listening to it it keeps getting better

new topics

top topics

join