It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Failed Apocalyptic Predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i came across a nice little website that will hopefully get people off the 2012 end of world hype. the website talks about 10 other events that were widely believed to be the end of the world. one day 12/21/12 will join the ranks of failed predictions.

listverse.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
btw i am not sure on the accuracy on some of these predictions but i remember the y2k scare and the hailys comet poison gas thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Reminded me of an article I read a week or so ago I present

30 Days when the world didn't end

Very similar article there is around three pages of it.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by Teknikal]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Interesting, especially Y2K. I didn't follow it too much, but looking back at it, it was enough hype about it. But I think the real worries for people will be 2012. I have no idea why people believe in such blasphemy. What do they have to form any basis that the world is going to end in 2012? A old calender from a lost civilization? I think with our modern science, that we would recognize any threat at this point, only 4 years out.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You can do an opposite to this thread i assume. Our society has been destroyed at least once before, whether you accept that as truth, but there is some quite interesting evidence to support that we destroyed ourselves before.

So it must of worked at least once. lol

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Our society has been destroyed at least once before, whether you accept that as truth, but there is some quite interesting evidence to support that we destroyed ourselves before.

So it must of worked at least once. lol

when was society destroyed before?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

We do not know, but if you do some research some have found some weird things.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
like what kind of weird things? can you please be more specific. i really don't understand what you mean.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well, some will agree, some will disagree, some will babble on about how 2012 is not about destruction but about a rebirth or enlightenment.

All I can say is that a change is coming soon, post 2012, pre or right on, it is coming. The collective unconscious is reaching a critical mass, and the operation of the world is destroying it and it's people. The change might take a long time, or it might be relatively short (as far revolutions go).

People are attaching on to 2012 as the end because it signifies the end is coming. Not the end of the world but the end of the world as we know it. The end of an age. They might not know that yet though

new topics

top topics

join