It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Did Bernake Say They Can't Tell Us?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

is this the time to bring in the nau ?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So, it appears there is another shoe that is about to fall.

Something is going on that is obviously not being told.

Something like we are about to lose a major international line of credit that we were counting on, or someone very very big is calling in their debt.

May it be as simple as this? The President has been notified, in secret, that the Chinese Government will no longer lend any money to USA banks unless XY and Z occurs.

You know -- it is probably all related to the massive spending over the past few years on the Iraqi war. And it is probably why George Bush looked so awkward and panicked tonight on TV, during his address.

The main result: The rich are not going to get any richer.

Edit: Just speculation above, but if that is the case -- this is no big deal. To me, anyway.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division

someone very very big is calling in their debt.

The President has been notified, in secret, that the Chinese Government will no longer lend any money to USA banks unless XY and Z occurs.

And it is probably why George Bush looked so awkward and panicked tonight on TV, during his address.

From what I've heard, this is the basic situation.

The US has suffered nothing short of a "De-capitating" strategic attack.

The weapon used was a monetary "Trojan Horse", which may very well prove to be more devasting to the basic fabric of our Nation than if an enemy had detonated dozens of nuclear weapons against our cities.

Our oppenents (soon to be our landlords/overlords?), by skillfully understanding the basic motivations of our "free market" financial system, have exploited the operative psychology of the market against the economy which depends upon it. They now hold the very fate of our Government in their hands: subject to demands of extortion and political obedience.

And make no mistake about it: This $700 billion "bail-out" is intended as just the first of a series of monetary and policy (foreign/domestic) demands.

Ultimately, the goal is to effectively remove the US as a force on the world stage: Reducing the once great US to the status of a financial, possibly literal, "Client-state".

Why has no one in officialdom addressed this possibility?

Perhaps the fear is that if this were to be proved to true, the truth would inexorably lead to a demand for retribution: And an actual shooting war with China.

And no wants to start what will devolve into WWlll.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
America is an "Empire"!?!?! Really, and all this time I thought we were a Constitutional Democracy? Do you "free"masons really think like this? Because, it truly is evil to do so. Down with the masons to where they belong, by God's will. You evil, racist, self-righteous peons.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!! DO NOT HIDE!!! FORM GROUPS!!! BE PUBLIC WITH YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!!! PUSH BACK!!!!!

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Relentless

Relentless..

We sit on the verge of the World's most severe depression, the brink of complete and total economic collapse of the American Empire.

I don't know whats going to happen, how it will happen, and I cannot even imagine what the next few weeks will bring..

But I feel fairly certain that even this 700 billion dollar bailout is just another delay of the inevitable..

I think we, people on ats, need to begin preparation for contingency and begin mapping out possibilities and outcomes of the next few months..

This isn't fairy tale anymore, no more make believe, this is the one true scenario on ATS that was discussed and may come true..

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dnbaudio

MMmmmm.. okydoky then.

We are actually a Constitutional Republic, if you want to get technical, but with bases all over the World, world wide cultural power, and economic power, it is safe to say America does not function in the form of a "typical" Republic should. That is to say, our dealing are outside of our own Union members, and highly Global with a concentrated consolidated Federal Government which currently unconstitutionally trumps State rights.

Soo ..

Yes, by TECHNICAL definition the United States is an EMPIRE not a Republic.

Seeing as you don't know what form of Government we have anyways, I doubt you even know what an Empire is?

a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.

A group of Nations (states, which have Constitutions *gasp who knew!*, Common Wealths *not all states are states*, territories, and by proxy autonomous nations around the World..) which are Governed by a powerful sovereign or government Which means any form of highly consolidated power within a "federalized" Government, IE, the US Government, which rules over the Free States and Common Wealths, Territories and all her Peoples.. Usually of greater extent then that of a Kingdom (which is a Nation, and a Country, where as the US is just a Country, and not a Nation, though we could have Nations within the Country like the UK has 4 Nations and 4 countries under one country and Crown..) which we are rather large in size and constitute many different Countries (defined as political boundary, ie, a State or Common Wealth) so it's safe to say the US is a "form of" Empire. Just like we are a "form of" Republic and a "form of" indirect Democracy.

As for the rest of your highly uneducated, bigoted, idiotic dribble all I can ask is "why" does it matter I am a Mason, as I have said nothing even regarding being a Mason in my post?

Then again, from your lack of scholarly understanding I don't expect much else..

Get an edykation.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What if it's now? What if all this ATS theorizing and discussing of an eminent collapse is happening right NOW?

We all understand the implications of a national economic collapse. Now, if not at any other time in your life, you should be seriously considering going to the store, and packing up your "oh-s!@#" bag and mentally preparing yourself for a very rough ride through reality.

If the system melts, it becomes a free-for-all. The last thing you want (other then being in a big city) is to realize you need to GTFO and not have the basic necessary food and supplies ready to go at a moments notice.

Keep your car topped off, and have a small rural city plotted out incase of evacuation.

This weekend would be a good time to talk to a friend or family that may own several guns, unless of course, you own your own. Ask them if the 's!@# hits the fan', can you depend on them for a firearm? My family has a small arsenal of guns; I intend to visit my Uncle this weekend and picking out a few guns I'd like to accompany me and my family if need be. I won't tell him why, but I will tell him why I'd like the assurance. I won't bother with details, he'll either argue with me or think I'm nuts.

I'm praying this will blow over. I'm praying you're all wrong and this will blow over. But, I'm also packing my bags and getting ready to RUN. I've never been one to freak out on ATS, but I've been following this with a fury and I'm freaked out. I'm a pessimist at heart, so obviously I'm preparing for the absolute darkest of days.

You should be too.
Prepare!

[edit on 9/25/2008 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dnbaudio

dnbaudio: I would appreciate it very much if you don't derail your FSME's thread.

Please stay on topic and calm down. Rockpuck (Mason or not, and I had no clue, but it seems irrelevant to this thread to me), made some very valid points regarding his opinion of the situation, and many people feel the same way. You may disagree, but talking points specifically related to your opinion regarding the facts of the thread would be much more appreciated.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
So, it appears there is another shoe that is about to fall.

Something like we are about to lose a major international line of credit that we were counting on, or someone very very big is calling in their debt.

www.reuters.com...

BEIJING, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Chinese regulators have told domestic banks to stop interbank lending to U.S. financial institutions to prevent possible losses during the financial crisis, the South China Morning Post reported on Thursday.
The Hong Kong newspaper cited unidentified industry sources as saying the instruction from the China Banking Regulatory Commission (CBRC) applied to interbank lending of all currencies to U.S. banks but not to banks from other countries.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join