It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Super chicken' for dinner: FDA to allow genetically engineered animals for people to eat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Is this the "other white meat" I keep hearing about?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chimpy38

I posted on this as well yesterday. However, this is a much better linked article on a very controversial subject. And the people making the decision are going to be the ones that usually take a fairly large payoff (bribe) to get untested or controversial products pushed upon the people of this country. The FDA.

I mean, come on, it's not like they haven't ever pushed other drugs or products through that have harmed people....right?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

It was only a matter of time before he ended up on our dinner plate.

Godspeed little buddy.

- Lee

*dariousg bows his head respectfully*

I knew his days were numbered. I tried to tell him he had to stop displaying his super powers.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Well, they have been pulling this crap for decades and getting around the loopholes left out there by the FDA so this doesn't surprise me at all. Also, as lee anoma has pointed out in the 'vegan smaller brain' thread, there are many other options for getting meat and such that you KNOW has not been tampered with. I have found three very nice local farms between my work and home that will work out just fine for me. The crazy thing is that the prices they charge are just at or less than what you would find even at Wal-Mart. Pretty sad.

Then again, I live in the country so it will probably be difficult for people in or around big cities.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Heck, why not just open the floodgates?
Cloning, GMO; everything...and why shouldn't WE be super too? Minus the mouse genes, of course...

[edit on 20-9-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by chimpy38

It will probably be addressed in the same way as the corn

Will the GM piggies be licenced as the corn is? will the piggies not be able to reproduce with ots own kind like the corn?

if so and piggies get out and cross breed with normal piggies will piggies in general die off?

and the rest of the food chain?

[edit on 20-9-2008 by drevill]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Hmm interesting thoughts on that subject i don't know but if they can breed a race of super piggies why couldn't one piggy feed the whole world? I don't know this subject is just very scary to me but if they could make us super human why not have the mouse gene it might make us super flexible and we could possibly beat China in gymnastics lol.

<< 1   >>

join