It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Super chicken' for dinner: FDA to allow genetically engineered animals for people to eat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

'Super chicken' for dinner: FDA to allow genetically engineered animals for people to eat

Text size: increase text sizedecrease text size

By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR | Associated Press Writer
4:07 PM EDT, September 18, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) _ Super Chicken strutted a step closer to the dinner table Thursday. The government said it will start considering proposals to sell genetically engineered animals as food, a move that could lead to faster-growing fish, cattle that can resist mad cow disease or perhaps heart-healthier eggs laid by a new breed of chickens.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This all sounds well and good right until you read deeper into the article. "They are talking about pigs that are going to have mouse genes in them, and this is not going to be labeled?" said Jean Halloran, director of food policy for Consumers Union. "We are close to speechless on this." Consumers Union publishes Consumer Reports magazine.and also this What would happen if a genetically engineered animal escaped and started reproducing with wild animals of the same species? asked Jaffe. The FDA said it would address that issue. They dont say how they will address it just we will i trust them when they say that yeah right!!

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I would like to say that this is an experiment, and we are the guinea pigs. But I don't believe so, they know exactly what this genetically modified crap will do to us.

They're doing this for a reason, folks. They've tampered with our DNA in the past, and they will in the future too.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Where is the link for this..

GE = Not good..

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sorry Link didnt show up must have done it wrong well here it is.
www.topix.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Where is the link for this..

GE = Not good..

Found a couple.

Here's one from FOX: Superchicken

- Lee

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It was only a matter of time before he ended up on our dinner plate.

Godspeed little buddy.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is just wrong. To not label the foods and allow us a choice as to whether or not we eat this crap, is wrong, I wouldn't eat it if I knew what it was!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

It was only a matter of time before he ended up on our dinner plate.

Godspeed little buddy.

- Lee

That was Awesome!!!

Sorry its a troubling post but I loved your quote.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This could be amazing. Lowering the cost of food. Genetics is truly incredible.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
This could be amazing. Lowering the cost of food. Genetics is truly incredible.

You really think this could be a good thing? I just don't see it no matter how i look at it as good and you say lowering food cost, but at what price it seems to be at our expense or should i say our heath. Messing around with genetics is just wrong for this purpose and if they engineer animals are they engineering humans too and at what risk?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am so glad I dont buy meat/produce from stores anymore. When are people going to wake up and stop messing with peoples food? Just because you can do something, doesnt always mean you should do something.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well good for those that think that anything human gets their hands on is safe.

History has prove wrong.

They can take their Super chicken and shove it where the sun doesn't shine along with their "mutated" cows, while this generation will not see the results of natures tampering be assure that your children's children will.

More future cows for the pharmaceutical cash flow.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Your not going to get ill off eating GE meat.

Think about GE crops, they've been around for years. What does it mean?

It means more food, resistant to disease, cheaper. This kind of thing could solve world hunger, stop being paranoid. Yes, it may be an attempt at playing God...

but then again, when did God decide to start playing God? Its only natural.
And if you already eat meat, stop moaning. Its a living thing your killing either way, why should it make any difference?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
NO I don't eat the Meat, I gave it up a long time ago when it was obvious that since all this "engineer crops and food" has been polluting American diets for the last 20 something years is making a society full of obese, sick and Dependant of pharmaceutical generation to survive.

No, at my age I am doing fine thank you very much, I feel very sorry for those that are younger than me and are plague with all kind of medical problems.

Eat your mutated cows and your engineer food I make the choice to avoid that crap a long time ago, even If I have to drive three hours to get the choice of poultry, fresh products from an organic market.

At least I can afford to do that as I don't have to spend my money of medications.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I've read a story that links the dissapearance of bees because of GM crops. Who knows what happens over a long period of time in our bodies. Maybe we'll stop messing around with genes we eat, once we repell certain species. Maybe only once we wonder where all the women are, perhaps ?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Jeeeez...

Anybody ever watched Eraser head by David Lynch....

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
mmmm yum! ... not! *gag*

Guess I'll cut out ALL chicken now. Not just Tyson's

lol what a joke, how exactly can this be good ?
unless you love being ill/overweight ?

I get ill and usually throw right back up most chicken I try eat that comes from the US
I will now do my best to just not buy any of it.
Granted, Tyson company chicken is the preferred military poultry supplier ... and I avoid it at all costs, but most others aren't far behind.

I thank everything and every being I can that it wont be long now until I can enjoy chicken that tastes, smells and feels like chicken should... naturally.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I can only agree with you marge, and I am not even 30 yet

I just know what chicken and meat should taste and smell like, being a butcher's daughter n all.... and the # they feed people in the US' military ain't it, let alone the civilians living there.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The issue with me is that I grew up with fresh products right out of the backyard, herbs, meats, beef, pork, lamb and goat, came from my grand father dairy farm, the cheese, milk you name it.

Chickens, ducks and other were also raised in my backyard.

So I know what natural food taste like, what we have right now in the markets packaged all pretty for the American eyes consumption is nothing but crap.

And people wounder why food now a days needs so much seasoning to make it taste better.

The new generations has no clue what food is suppose to taste like.

But they know the difference of a burger from one major chain of fast food to the other.

BTW when I was growing up all this new chain foods didn't started to reach my backyard until I was a teen.

So for those that has never taste good rich food they don't know what they are missing.

I also was a military wife for 22 years my husband has been retired as a Marine for 10 but still working for the government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join