It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a one world government necessary for the future of humankind?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
The Bible predicts that such a one world government is coming. It's president will be the antichrist.

This kind of archaic, irrational, and divisive thinking will continue to drag us down until we (hopefully) realize that, as the Bible says, we all stand need to together or fall separately. No one needs to be persecuted for their faith, unless their faith leads them to attack and rule their neighbors. At that point, because such things have such wide-ranging implications, actions would have to be taken against the aggressors. We won't be able to afford that kind of nonsense anymore.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
wow.There really has been some interesting responses here to this post.I want something to be understood though....I am not saying that this will be a good thing at first.....but that it may(maybe decades,even centuries...) lead to a better kind of governance that we have right now.I do think that we have to go through some hard times for this generation to actually combat complacency,and maybe (if you believe in the endgame conspiracy)that alot of us may have to die in order for these things to take place.The rulers could actually say then that the world had to be saved,that human civilization itself had to be saved,and the only way they saw to do it is to ''start from scratch.''I do not personally agree,but i think it is an honest look at what has been revealed so far. I imagine then that we would become some kind of ''Star Trek''civilization...which i think of when i heard the reference to a ''type 2''civilization.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I would love a Star Trek civilization. But it ain't happening the way they're leading us towards it. Mankind should stop being greedy and materialistic.
And they should give up everything they have. It ain't happening soon.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seb2882
I would love a Star Trek civilization. But it ain't happening the way they're leading us towards it. Mankind should stop being greedy and materialistic.
And they should give up everything they have. It ain't happening soon.

umm.....My point is that a type 2 civ. would be a cashless,GLOBAL society more interested in space travel and research than petty economic and religious strife which has driven us so far....I think that there is so much short sightedness on the part of people who say the destruction of borders and culture could be the worst thing that could happen.I posit that it could be the best thing that could happen,while holding onto archaic notions of nationalism,culture,and religion which allways separate us will lead to our demise.

I think that separate culture and nationalism always leads one to think that one(ours)is superior to another(theirs)

[edit on 073030p://4817 by daeoeste]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

You might like to think no one will be persecuted for their faith, but I'm afraid that is already the norm in most countries of the world. All the muslim countries persecute and kill christians, as do the communist countries.

Since the world government will be dominated by tyrants drawn from islamo-fascists, and communists, it's quite clear what will happen. Moreover the Bible says so, and I believe it.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

The thing is... I agree with you, I don't like patriotism and all racial/cultural differences which turn out to be conflictive most of the time.
I do believe our world is culturally rich and we should focus on learn other people's ways to enrich ourselves, rather than being all "borgs" absolutely equal to eachother (borg as in "star trek").
For instance: the world was rich in a wide variety of languages, which are long gone, as well as many costumes and local traditions that where replaced for the more "cool", rich-world traditions. This is in progress and has no return. And that's a shame to me.
But regarding NWO tell me this: how are you gonna make very rich powerful people give up everything they have just to be "levelled" to the rest of us? Because if that doesn't happen, they will always find a way to control others.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
from a purely alien point of view, dealing with the human species as a whole, would show that we have progressed to a higher level. the present archaic and barbaric way we treat fellow humans, would tend to keep us at a level of curious study, rather then an intergration into any galactic neighborhood. i tend to think that we have a long way to progress before any aliens would take us seriously. however, on a personal level, it cannot happen fast enough. the advancement of alien civilizations in all areas of life, would be astounding and at the same time exciting to a mere human.

and i'm curious, why is there so much discussion given to the point of view, that we humans would automatically be slaves. this seems to fly in the face of our present situation. and i don't think an alien civilization would last for very long if they acted as slave owners.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seb2882

I think we are in agreement,seb,what I am saying is that I believe we have a long ways to go(remember,decades maybe centuries)and I believe we have not even scratched the surface of how bad mans potential inhumanity to man can get.I know things are bad right now,but I believe anybody with an imagination can see how much worse it could get.Have you ever read any of the ''DUNE''series?I don't think anything will happen that way,however,it does capture the scope of time that I am trying to talk about here,and how good people have to make hard decisions for the insurance of our survival as a species.

The book also captures how elites co-opt movements towards their own ends,often times betraying the ideals of the initial movement,while still working toward the same goals.I am not trying to be a fortune teller here,but I think that anything that moves us toward this goal is a natural one,and it is quite possible,in my view,that unseen forces exist that shape human destiny toward ultimate freedom,and we can not except them until we are mentally prepared as a unified human race.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
from a purely alien point of view, dealing with the human species as a whole, would show that we have progressed to a higher level. the present archaic and barbaric way we treat fellow humans, would tend to keep us at a level of curious study, rather then an intergration into any galactic neighborhood. i tend to think that we have a long way to progress before any aliens would take us seriously. however, on a personal level, it cannot happen fast enough. the advancement of alien civilizations in all areas of life, would be astounding and at the same time exciting to a mere human.

and i'm curious, why is there so much discussion given to the point of view, that we humans would automatically be slaves. this seems to fly in the face of our present situation. and i don't think an alien civilization would last for very long if they acted as slave owners.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by jimmyx]

Oh man i dont think we would be slaves to an alien civilization,and I could not agree more with what you say in your last sentence.I think that we would be enslaved by our own people.Slavery is still very much alive in the world today,and we turn a blind eye to it's existence.Just google ''human trafficking''and see what I mean.Unfortunately,I think it will get worse.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join