It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President Ahmadinejad Challenges Presidential Candidates to a Debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Iranian President Ahmadinejad Challenges Presidential Candidates to a Debate

www.foxnews.com

Iran's hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad challenged the U.S. presidential candidates to a debate when he is in New York for the U.N. General Assembly next week, Agence France Presse reported Thursday.

The Iranian leader also dismissed Western threats over Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.

"I am ready for a debate with the U.S. presidential candidates over global issues in the presence of the media at the U.N. headquarters,” Ahmadinejad said at a press conference in Tehran. "I have no plans in my schedule to meet with U.S. politicians.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I personally would love to see this debate. I dont know about you guys but if Iran and this guy is so damn bad why not call him out on it in front of the world in a debate style format instead of with a bunch of American soldiers.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Again, what a good savvy move by Ahmadinejad.
There's no proof of the Americans accusations, yet they keep accusing.
Id love to see this debate, I feel Obama would accept, and actually pay respect to a world leader, but he'd probably corner him when it comes to Israel.
Mccain would just joke and be disrespectful, id love to hear ahmadinejad ask about the bomb bom bomb iran song.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Debate with Bush? Might as well debate with my little sister who knows nothing about politics. Ahmadinjad is very intelligent and Bush would risk looking dumber then he looks if he faces him.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Kind of odd that they have not scheduled talks between Iran and US and British officials ??? That would be a step in the right directions if you ask me.

As for a debate, I do not see that as a positive move for our current administration, they may not do so well. However I would LOVE to watch it if it did happen.

EDIT to say, not that we couldn't give Bush an ear piece and have some of the best intellectuals running the show. It would make Bush look good in his last days and even appear that he is willing to meet any challenge which would avert war with Iran and save countless Military lives in the process. Wont happen will it?

[edit on 18-9-2008 by antar]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Actually Bush and Ahmadinjad are more like mirror images of each other. It would be an awesome debate to watch between the two! Entertainment at its best.

Originally posted by Equinox99
Debate with Bush? Might as well debate with my little sister who knows nothing about politics. Ahmadinjad is very intelligent and Bush would risk looking dumber then he looks if he faces him.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It may not happen just because the majority of America have Ahmadinejad in their heads as a terrorist, and think he is just trying to make noise and promote extremist Islam.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I accept.

I will represent.

Please send fuel money to get from Florida.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm considering heading down to the UN on Monday to counter-protest these tools Stop Iran Now!. To be fair to the religions, these tools will probably be there too Evangelicals: Indict Ahmadinejad. I don't support Iran or Ahmadinejad any more than any other person or nation in the world, but I'm absolutely appalled by the character assassination and defamation TPB and the MSM have doled out against Iran. They're pouring gasoline on a fire and they have no idea they're going to get burned. The truth is at stake and no one is standing for it.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Great. It would be Crazy vs. Stupid.

On the one hand, we have "There are no gays in Iran!" and on the other we have "Is our children learning?"

I'm sure the debate would be so insightful my brain would rot.

Edit: Oh wait, it's the candidates only?

So we'd have "There are no gays in Iran!" vs. "I don't know how many houses I own" vs. "So far I've campaigned in 57 states!"

I'd like to see Ahmedinadjsragtaer (I wish he would just take on a nice, short nickname for crying out loud) debate Ron Paul. Now that would be entertaining.

Admdenjijad (I give up): I believe that the United States should leave the Middle East and mind it's own business!

Paul: Yes, I agree.

Admeindabad: Typical response from Imper... uh... what?

Paul: I agree. We should bring our troops home.

Adudeedoodaadaa: Oh.. well uh... yeah. So. Have you seen that new movie, the one about the guy who meets that lady on the bus and they fall in love?

Paul: No. I'm an emotionless robot programmed only to rant about the government. I have no desire to watch movies.

Aderondadab: MOVIE HATING INFIDEL!!!

[edit on 18-9-2008 by mattifikation]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I'm guessing the US leaders would just brush it off as a Joke like they did to Saddam. Plus America got too much negatives in their foreign policy which would make it way too easy.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
They should send the vice presidential nominees.....

Sarah Palin Vs. Imadinnerjacket

I would laugh so hard I pee myself

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I hope (and kind of assume) that both Obama and McCain know better to negotiate with a foreign leader before taking office.

Ahmadinejad is a demagogue, but we probably should talk to him and his government. This "we won't talk to you" stuff is nonsense. We didn't even do that to the NAZIs, we had diplomats in Berlin right up until war was declared.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

WOW the most reasonable post in here, makes you wonder.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad made a similar proposal 2 years ago, but with Bush. The problem is agreeing to participate with Ahmadinejad in such a debate only serves to give credence to him and his government which is exactly what he wants. He wants to capitalise on US' poor standing in the world and act as the voice of opposition.

I personally would love to see Obama wipe the floor with him, Obama is better in debate, an intellectual and damn well better educated than Ahmadinejad.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

wow - since Ahmanadinejad has a doctorate in civil engineering

www.globalsecurity.org...

www.president.ir...

how is obama `better educated`?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Hilarious how much BS being spouted here by those who seem to think they know a thing about President Ahmadinejad.

Ahmadinejad the "crazy", "uneducated" one? How ironic.

I'd LOVE to see him rip apart those fools in a debate, would be classic.

[edit on 19/9/08 by Navieko]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by theblunttruth

wow - since Ahmanadinejad has a doctorate in civil engineering

www.globalsecurity.org...

www.president.ir...

how is obama `better educated`?

Lol, please tell me how Civil Engineering has anything to do with what he's doing now. Hang on, he's that educated and sane that he spent billions on re-planning tehrans roads and infrastructure to anticipate a safe path for the hidden imams return. Genius!! Great use of tax payers money in a country that is witnessing ridiculous inflation!! Your right, his civil engineering degree went to good use! Well done!

You know nothing of Iran so quit your anti-US BS. Your dearly beloved Ahmadinejad would rid your right of opposing debate, yet you, and him so obviously cherish it... It's a pity opposition aren't allowed the privelage of debate in Iran, your aware of that right? Why arent the opposition in Iran allowed free and fair TV debates with Ahmadinejad?!?!

Your familiar with Ahmadinejads ties, to the "Basiji" and their social/moral policing, terrorising people on the streets for how they look, throwing acid in womens faces that dare not wear a hejab in public during the revolution... Slaying thousands of innocents...

Obama and Ahmadinejad are worlds apart. All Obama has to do is make the discussion about human rights violations in Iran and its his for the taking. Fortunately Obama has no links with the current administration so can swear ignorance to US past wrong-doings. Ahmadinejads there for the taking.

[edit on 19-9-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join