It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian President Ahmadinejad Challenges Presidential Candidates to a Debate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

Wise words.. Iran is not a threat right now, but keep poking the wasps nest and your bound to get stung.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

I personally would love to see this debate. I dont know about you guys but if Iran and this guy is so damn bad why not call him out on it in front of the world in a debate style format instead of with a bunch of American soldiers.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I fully agree and would even PAY(reasonably) to see an honest debate.
I don't care if both sides have time to prepare answers to one-another's questions as long as it isn't scripted.

Sadly, I doubt this'll happen because the candidates have too much riding on the public opinions of them and already are choosing their battles carefully and spending more time on stupid comments and quotations distracting from the real substance.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 4N6310

I wouldnt let him in the county much less debate him about anything. He would simply rant, it would be a repeat of his letter to Bush several years ago. Until his country rids itself of nuclear weapon capabilities we should continue our current policy with Iran. This guy wants to kill us, and we are considering debating him? Only the left.....

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Obama, McCain, and Biden would run circles around Ahmadinejad. They would just have to bring up issues like homosexuality or equal rights. Remember that no gays in Iran comment?

Palin wouldn't even have a chance. Ahmadinejad would never show up if he knew that he risked being humiliated by a woman or he would attempt to pimp slap Palin after she makes a smart ass remark. How dare a woman speak to a man like that.........It would get physical from there and I would bet on a terrorist over a moose hunter.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why debate somebody who denies history? Its a waste of time to make our leaders look dumb to his country men. nah, the only solution is to throw him into a one way time machine to Auschwitz, and make sure he has a yellow star some where on his clothing.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I can't believe how many people here are saying that Ahmadinejad is "smart"...he's absolutely insane, he denies the holocaust, but still wants to start his own holocaust and wipe Israel off the map. I don't want war with this country, I don't want to be in Iraq, I want to get our military out of these countries. That doesn't change the fact that the man is absolutely insane and pretty stupid. Frankly Obama and McCain both would destroy him. I would love to see him debate with Ron Paul though, but I don't think the debate would help Ron Paul's public standing...Iran does have bad intentions and if they do eventually threaten nuclear force, something might have to be done, but if the U.S. and Irsrael stop being bullies in the region, there will be no reason for that. Despite what the media says, it is very rare for someone to kill others for no reason. Religion is not a reason, their religion is a means of abuse, that these crazy people use to get someone to die, so they don't have to. Just like our politicians use their status...

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirbikesalot06
Why debate somebody who denies history? Its a waste of time to make our leaders look dumb to his country men. nah, the only solution is to throw him into a one way time machine to Auschwitz, and make sure he has a yellow star some where on his clothing.

How does he deny history?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I can't believe how many people here are saying that Ahmadinejad is "smart"...he's absolutely insane, he denies the holocaust, but still wants to start his own holocaust and wipe Israel off the map. I don't want war with this country, I don't want to be in Iraq, I want to get our military out of these countries. That doesn't change the fact that the man is absolutely insane and pretty stupid. Frankly Obama and McCain both would destroy him. I would love to see him debate with Ron Paul though, but I don't think the debate would help Ron Paul's public standing...Iran does have bad intentions and if they do eventually threaten nuclear force, something might have to be done, but if the U.S. and Irsrael stop being bullies in the region, there will be no reason for that. Despite what the media says, it is very rare for someone to kill others for no reason. Religion is not a reason, their religion is a means of abuse, that these crazy people use to get someone to die, so they don't have to. Just like our politicians use their status...

Its obvious you listen to Fox News. All government propaganda. All your issues are addressed here. This guy is not insane at all in fact he is intelligent. with a small side of insanity.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunitIts obvious you listen to Fox News. All government propaganda. All your issues are addressed here. This guy is not insane at all in fact he is intelligent. with a small side of insanity.

It's obvious you've lost your mind, why would I listen to Fox News, they wouldn't even include Ron Paul in their debates.
. Someone doesn't agree with you, ergo they listen to Fox News, that makes perfect sense. Next you'll call me a neocon, because that's the only defense that people seem to have nowadays. The fact is that Ahmadinijad is pretty well insane, you can deny it if you want. The man denies the Holocaust, that answers your question from a previous poster about him denying history...

[edit on 19-9-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Great. It would be Crazy vs. Stupid.

On the one hand, we have "There are no gays in Iran!" and on the other we have "Is our children learning?"

I'm sure the debate would be so insightful my brain would rot.

Edit: Oh wait, it's the candidates only?

So we'd have "There are no gays in Iran!" vs. "I don't know how many houses I own" vs. "So far I've campaigned in 57 states!"

I'd like to see Ahmedinadjsragtaer (I wish he would just take on a nice, short nickname for crying out loud) debate Ron Paul. Now that would be entertaining.

Admdenjijad (I give up): I believe that the United States should leave the Middle East and mind it's own business!

Paul: Yes, I agree.

Admeindabad: Typical response from Imper... uh... what?

Paul: I agree. We should bring our troops home.

Adudeedoodaadaa: Oh.. well uh... yeah. So. Have you seen that new movie, the one about the guy who meets that lady on the bus and they fall in love?

Paul: No. I'm an emotionless robot programmed only to rant about the government. I have no desire to watch movies.

Aderondadab: MOVIE HATING INFIDEL!!!

[edit on 18-9-2008 by mattifikation]

Thanks for the amusing and clever post. lol.

This is not a one line post because I quoted the poster of this comment.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Originally posted by mybigunitIts obvious you listen to Fox News. All government propaganda. All your issues are addressed here. This guy is not insane at all in fact he is intelligent. with a small side of insanity.

It's obvious you've lost your mind, why would I listen to Fox News, they wouldn't even include Ron Paul in their debates.
. Someone doesn't agree with you, ergo they listen to Fox News, that makes perfect sense. Next you'll call me a neocon, because that's the only defense that people seem to have nowadays. The fact is that Ahmadinijad is pretty well insane, you can deny it if you want. The man denies the Holocaust, that answers your question from a previous poster about him denying history...

You didnt watch the video and Yellow I know you to not be a neo con remember we both support Ron Paul? The fact is he doesnt deny the holocaust. That is a Government talking point to turn a bad view against this guy. He says in regards to the holocaust he has 3 questions.

1. There were 60 million people killed 6 million being Jews. Why is there such a focus on the Jews?

2. If Europe wanted the Jews to have their own state why did Palestine have to give up their land for it?

3. Why is it if you question or want to research more into the holocaust like causes and recent and future effects you get labeled anti semite?

To me these are 3 reasonable questions dont you think?

As far as Israel being wiped off the map he addresses that also and when you look at FULL statements youll notice the government cuts a good chunk of it. He doesnt say Israel shouldnt exist. He says if they are to exist shouldnt the Palestinians have a vote on if it is to be? I mean it was their land wasnt it? How would we like it if millions of Mexicans came here in the southwest and then claimed independence one day. We would be pretty ticked too wouldnt we?

Dude you know me I dont name call I can have a solid debate on anything. The Fox News was a Joke to you because I know you. *Sigh*

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The should do this, and on pay per view.

All of the money raised can go to the financial bailouts.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EtSolveMundi

Wow!
Some serious propaganda.
"I think what we have here is a failure to communicate".
Mods to bite me!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Thanks man, for showing the video, i can see this guy is quite credible and in no way insane if you look at things with an open mind. Its amazing how easily people are controlled, he doesn't like US - therefore he is an insane crazy terrorist, he questions Holocaust - therefore he is an anti-semite and even more insane... We have Holocaust hammered in our heads from the childhood and its really hard for us to even think about questioning the stated events.
As for the debate, it would be interesting, although i doubt it will happen.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

I can't believe people are still on about Ahamad denying the holocaust(for people who think his name is too long call him Ahmed). Which world are we living in. OHH wait he also said wipe Israel off the map wow, come back to reality people.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Simply amazing.

If either candidate doesn't accept this debate, they aren't fit to run this country.

This is politics and diplomacy 101.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join